Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Well looks like I'm headed to the mall tomorrow

I've wanted a double vent suit for a while even though I don't think I have the build for it.
What is this nonsense?! Confidence, bro. Double or single is such a minuscule detail, man.

Anyone know how the Paul smith Chelsea boots size?

Like a regular dress shoe? I normally can size down on dress shoes, don't want to go TtS and they are big.

For instance, in boat shoes I can wear an 11 after breaking them in, but for most sneakers I am a 12.5 perfect fit. A little weird I know

Anyone know how the Paul smith Chelsea boots size?

Like a regular dress shoe? I normally can size down on dress shoes, don't want to go TtS and they are big.

For instance, in boat shoes I can wear an 11 after breaking them in, but for most sneakers I am a 12.5 perfect fit. A little weird I know
You're too vague. What is a dress shoe size? Is that your Brannock Device size?

Paul Smith shoes are something you want to try in person. Their sizing is all over the place depending on the style. RFX can elaborate. He has many pairs of them too.

I tried on several pairs many years ago at the Paul Smith store and I was good with 7-8 depending on models.

i despise chelsea boots for some reason.

i finally bought a steamer because i absolutely hate ironing more than anything in life.

adrian i'm awaiting an answer on my latestt anonymous question :lol:

You can also hang your shirt in the bathroom while you shower. The steam from the shower helps release wrinkles and can save you some time.

You can also hang your shirt in the bathroom while you shower. The steam from the shower helps release wrinkles and can save you some time.
I did that with my gown for middle school graduation. Wrinkles were gone, b. I was dumbfound.

i've heard of this..but i shower at night..i need to start steaming the night before and just pick my outfit..i roll out of bed at the last minute and usually just throw something on and then spend the whole day mad at myself

Well looks like I'm headed to the mall tomorrow

I've wanted a double vent suit for a while even though I don't think I have the build for it.

Wuh? Vents are universal man.

i've heard of this..but i shower at night..i need to start steaming the night before and just pick my outfit..i roll out of bed at the last minute and usually just throw something on and then spend the whole day mad at myself

I steam Sunday nights for the week ahead so I feel you on the steamer, it's definitely some of the best money I've spent.

Drakes of London and Gitman Vintage ties came in today.

On the CPU now so gonna post the links to the suit. If anyone is interested, go into a local J. Crew and have them search the stores for your size. These items are additional 50% off, and use your student discount on top if you have that. With the student discount on top, you should be able to walk away with the suit at less than $150. It's a fall/winter weight for sure, not year round...but still a very good deal.

Jacket: https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigatio...K&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row24

Pants: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...CK&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row5

50% off clearance items at Club Monaco. $1,000 Harris Tweed topcoat for $300. :smokin

edit: what's the rule on wearing a suit jacket without the matching pants? CM has this for $300 - 50% off and I'm a sucker for plaids, but I have no intention of wearing it with matching pants.

Last edited:
50% off clearance items at Club Monaco. $1,000 Harris Tweed topcoat for $300. :smokin

edit: what's the rule on wearing a suit jacket without the matching pants? CM has this for $300 - 50% off and I'm a sucker for plaids, but I have no intention of wearing it with matching pants.

I think depending on the pattern it could very well work. I'm going to try to pick up those POW J. Crew trousers tomorrow and wear them as separates. Ludlow jackets won't fit my build.

Ehh I ended up buying the set. Pants were just an extra $75 so why not. Not as good as your deal on the J. Crew (edit: I meant Wis' set), but I love bold, wool plaids so...

Last edited:
I think depending on the pattern it could very well work. I'm going to try to pick up those POW J. Crew trousers tomorrow and wear them as separates. Ludlow jackets won't fit my build.
You sure the pants will fit you? They're pretty slim, on par with my Barneys brands. It's the Ludlow slim pants, not the classic ones.

On the CPU now so gonna post the links to the suit. If anyone is interested, go into a local J. Crew and have them search the stores for your size. These items are additional 50% off, and use your student discount on top if you have that. With the student discount on top, you should be able to walk away with the suit at less than $150. It's a fall/winter weight for sure, not year round...but still a very good deal.

Jacket: https://www.jcrew.com/AST/Navigatio...K&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row24

Pants: https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...CK&isFromSale=true&isNewSearch=true&hash=row5
Whoa...

Wait though, 50% off which price?  If it's 50% off listed prices it looks like it comes out to less than $140 pre-tax even without the student discount.  Might be forced to do it even though I have more suits than I need at this point.  That's like a sweater price so I'd just throw on the jacket instead sometimes.
50% off clearance items at Club Monaco. $1,000 Harris Tweed topcoat for $300.
smokin.gif

Of course there's just about nothing in my size that I want.  I still have a $50 gift card to use too.  Thanks for the head's up, they've got really good customer service so maybe I'll see if they can locate items, they've done it for me before.

Walked out with the J Crew MacAlisters in grey for $38. In-store price $89 + 50%off + 15% student discount :pimp:

Can you post the receipt?
About to go stock locate these :lol:
You can even just describe the item to them. Their customer service is top notch.

Whoa...
Wait though, 50% off which price?  If it's 50% off listed prices it looks like it comes out to less than $140 pre-tax even without the student discount.  Might be forced to do it even though I have more suits than I need at this point.  That's like a sweater price so I'd just throw on the jacket instead sometimes.

Of course there's just about nothing in my size that I want.  I still have a $50 gift card to use too.  Thanks for the head's up, they've got really good customer service so maybe I'll see if they can locate items, they've done it for me before.
50% off the lowest price. Online inventory and store inventory are different. This is why I network with several SAs. There's been a lot of time where I call to ask for items to be looked up.

Like I stated, whole suit comes out to be less than $150.

Jacket was $160 then additional 50% then 15% off.
Pants was $100 then additional 50% off then 15% off.

Joints are from Holiday of 2013 so they just want to get rid of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom