Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Thanks for the info. Seems reviews say creasing is an issue. I use shoe trees on runners, will they help on these? And I have worn dress shoes before, just never really bought a nice pair on my own is what I meant. 
FYI AEs are 'nice' to the general public but on the grand scheme of things, they fall under entry level. Entry level is around $400 or less. Mid is around $500-900. Anything above a grand would be upper tier.

Shoes crease...that's the bottom line. You walk, your feet bend, the shoes that cover your feet bend. Shoe trees are used to absorb moisture and prolong the life of the leather.

Your shoes will get dings and nicks with time. All you can do is clean, condition, and polish. They develop character. I know, it's an unknown concept to the sneaker kids who walk like ducks to prevent sneakers from creasing.

Great. I saw them at Rack weeks back for around $200 I think. If this is your first pair of dress shoes, fyi they feel very different than sneakers, especially performance ones. You need to break them in. They will conform to your feet.
Thanks for the info. Seems reviews say creasing is an issue. I use shoe trees on runners, will they help on these? And I have worn dress shoes before, just never really bought a nice pair on my own is what I meant. 

From my brief experience with dress shoes, they all crease. I think it's part of buying leather, these are thought to be your shoes; not shoes that will eventually have value for resale. These aren't sneakers that you want to look DS forever, the leather aging is part of the process. I think of it as similar to raw denim.

Edit: wis got to it before me, but he's spot on from my opinion.

Last edited:

As said, all leather shoes crease.

However, there is a common complaint about the creasing that occurs specifically in the captoe of the Mora 2.0. I can imagine that to be kind of annoying.

As said, all leather shoes crease.

However, there is a common complaint about the creasing that occurs specifically in the captoe of the Mora 2.0. I can imagine that to be kind of annoying.
This is what I was hinting at. I am completely fine with them creasing just from natural use, but reviews made it seem like the crease in the cap toe was an issue that wasn't supposed to be occurring. Thanks for the comments though y'all, I appreciate multiple opinions from people with more experience in the field. 

Bean Boots were asked about a few pages ago. I have the 10 inch shearling lined pair. I just tuck my pants in. If you go with the 6 inch even slim pants can go over the boot. I'm not really sure why you'd want to do that in bad weather though because then your pants will just be soaked at the bottom and have salt/mud all over them.

I don't tuck my pants into my boots and the leg openings don't get wet. I'm not traversing through puddles though. I tucked my pants in once since I was dressing up for comic con and the pant legs wouldn't even stay in the boots when I walked.

Fellas, do you think this look can be pulled off in a city like Houston with its relatively mild winters?

dress-shirt-and-crew-neck-sweater-and-overcoat-and-zip-pouch-and-jeans-and-low-top-sneakers-large-2778.jpg

Also, anyone have experience with the Banana Republic topcoat? Or other suggestions in the price range. I intend to wear it mostly casually, as I only suit up for events.

Question. Does anyone have any pictures of jeans/denim they've gotten tapered? I would like to see how it's done because I remember some people talking about getting there jeans tapered. I have a few pairs that have seem to have gotten a little bit looser at the cuff than they were when I got them. 

Question. Does anyone have any pictures of jeans/denim they've gotten tapered? I would like to see how it's done because I remember some people talking about getting there jeans tapered. I have a few pairs that have seem to have gotten a little bit looser at the cuff than they were when I got them. 

Adrian has some

This pair was tapered and hemmed. No problems whatsoever.

I have had a couple of old Raw Selvedge pairs turned into Jorts... the tailor did an excellent job preserving the Selvedge and making the cuff look original.

Tailors have serious skills.

Have then taper from the inseam if u want to preserve the selvedge line

You have to find the right tailor to do this as well. All tailors won't so it's a toss up. It'll probably be more expensive than tapering from the outseam as well.

I never worry about the selvedge line :lol:, not like it'll magically ruin the denim quality

Not that big of a deal IMO, no ones gonna notice it

I'll post a pic later.

Selvedge line was widened but hell if I care.

Had cats in here worrying about my pants. Y'all priorities not straight :lol:

I'll post a pic later.

Selvedge line was widened but hell if I care.

Had cats in here worrying about my pants. Y'all priorities not straight :lol:

Different strokes. Fat selvedge just looks weird to me. Little stuff like retaining the integrity of the denim matters to me, would probably bother me.

Good that you don't care though, more money in your pocket :lol:

Different strokes. Fat selvedge just looks weird to me. Little stuff like retaining the integrity of the denim matters to me, would probably bother me.

Good that you don't care though, more money in your pocket :lol:
Yeah, denim cats go nuts for that stuff. I was never one to care for chain stitching as well. Regular hem always did the job for me :lol:

I don't tuck my pants into my boots and the leg openings don't get wet. I'm not traversing through puddles though. I tucked my pants in once since I was dressing up for comic con and the pant legs wouldn't even stay in the boots when I walked.

The whole reason I got the boots was so I could walk through anything. If you're still going to walk around everything then yea covering them with your jeans shouldn't matter.

Back
Top Bottom