Dressing Better Vol 2.0

anyone know of any boots that are similar to these but not vibergs? price is way out of my range
frown.gif
nerd.gif
Actually have the same question.

Found these, but on the fence about them.
http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/leather-dress-boot/product/1063042898-mccarren-sons-plain-toe-boots

I really like the boot, but am very unfamiliar with their products. Apparently the brand McCarren & Sons is a trademark brand owned by Gilt and the shoes are commissioned by them to be made in unnamed shops in Italy and Portugal, etc. Can't really say whether that is a good thing or bad thing or neither since I've never actually come across their boots in person, but it does make me wonder where their getting what now seem to be arbitrary numbers in their price points.
these look good but i wanted a darker color, preferably black or dark navy

My parents never bought me expensive stuff in high school. It was jcpenney and old navy for me.

You can get a job in HS though.

My parents/grandparents looked out for me but I sold candy, cut grass/raked yards etc I pretty much tried everything except sell cds/mixtapes till I got a job at 15.

That "look at me now" mentality was always funny to me from watching those Maury episodes growing up till now with people on social media still hurt from missing out or not fitting in :lol:

^
I liked the jenny jones episodes of the same topic. Was the best when it backfired. Girks who were ugly ducklings in high school and now bodybuilders. Then the bullies would see them and still make fun of them.

Last edited:
^
I liked the jenny jones episodes of the same topic. Was the best when it backfired. Girks who were ugly ducklings in high school and now bodybuilders. Then the bullies would see them and still make fun of them.

Rude Jude FTW

anyone know of any boots that are similar to these but not vibergs? price is way out of my range :frown:

:nerd: Actually have the same question.

Found these, but on the fence about them.
http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/leather-dress-boot/product/1063042898-mccarren-sons-plain-toe-boots

I really like the boot, but am very unfamiliar with their products. Apparently the brand McCarren & Sons is a trademark brand owned by Gilt and the shoes are commissioned by them to be made in unnamed shops in Italy and Portugal, etc. Can't really say whether that is a good thing or bad thing or neither since I've never actually come across their boots in person, but it does make me wonder where their getting what now seem to be arbitrary numbers in their price points.

I dig.

Looking to buy a quilted jacket.

Barbour or Banana Republic. What do you guys like better?

BR

Barbour

No issue.

Gap just has a certain "look"

But the black one looks more versatile imho.

Rl/polo always made nice ones i think

Patches on the elbows as well.
And if you buy past seasons ones you can always find a good deal.

Last edited:
^Thought I was the online one who felt that way

Nah. I always see people running to Barbour as a default for quilted jackets but they just don't look good to me. The above jacket posted, J. Crew and RL all have better looking alternatives.

Nah. I always see people running to Barbour as a default for quilted jackets but they just don't look good to me. The above jacket posted, J. Crew and RL all have better looking alternatives.
This.Some look okay, but I find that Ralph makes some good looking ones as well.

Last edited:
Are quilted jackets the only thing they make?

Barbour.

I just dont like the collar on the blue one.
Its nice tho too.

Hey fellas in the market for some nice black denim. Trying to stay under $100 if possible. On the fence if I should get solid black or distressed? Thoughts?

UNKWN had good options, I'd add Cheap Monday to the list as well.

Needed some storage for my polishing supplies so I decided to pick this up. For what I've seen these things go for on eBay I think i got a pretty good bargain on it for the condition that it's in. Hoping to get some daltons on there to polish ASAP!

Last edited:
Polishing on stand like that only works if there's a person actually wearing the shoes while the shine is happening. So essentially it only works in the manner it was intended to be used for :lol:

Good for storage though !

The banana republic one looks better, but the but the correct answer is order both and return the loser.

Store photos can't be trusted bro.

Could anybody help me with info on how JCrew's denim jacket would fit sizing wise?
Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom