Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Are nike huaraches dbnt approved?
I loved the silhouette back in high school way before the "shoe game" blew up. Looks good with tapered pants.

You could be a NTer with huaraches but you can't be a DBNTer.
Unless you get the initiation tattoo.

I feel like im not a dbnter cuz cats dont know my first name
Also true story.

Re: girls being into fashion. It's funny because I asked the same question to all of my guy friends into the scene and none would date a girl without a taste in fashion. Conversely it works the other way too. Some of the girls I know that are heavy into this field have some wild "pre requisites", like I don't date guys under 6' or into certain aesthetic or want a British that's Americanized. Most love guys who menswear though and dislike the whole elongated tees look. One of them said if you're 5'6", why would you wear a long t shirt? It's only going to make you look shorter. Girls don't like short guys :lol:

Last edited:
When I was dating, style was a huge factor...as shallow as that sounds.:lol:

My girl is Filipino and as far as I can tell from being around her and her mom, they put a pretty big emphasis on dressing well.

Can't be with a chick that can't dress, man.:lol:

John Elliot tho
Screen%20Shot%202015-07-15%20at%203.54.38%20PM_nrjq5j.png

and Drake
drake-nike-air-huarache-whiteout.png

Last edited:
henn, why wouldn't you take the last girl out in public? She acts a fool out in the streets?

When I was dating, style was a huge factor...as shallow as that sounds.:lol:

My girl is Filipino and as far as I can tell from being around her and her mom, they put a pretty big emphasis on dressing well.

Can't be with a chick that can't dress, man.:lol:
It's not a deal breaker for me, but if she tries to get me to dress a certain way or can't accept its something I'm into, then it's probably a wrap. My friend tried to set me up with one of her friends years ago. The girl tried to get me to wear A&F t shirt and all :lol:

There are other things that are more important in a wife material to me or career path, education, debt, etc.

Definitely not a deal breaker, but that first impression is paramount.

I just don't want her looking raggedy. She doesn't need to be a model, but damn.:lol:

I've been on nt too long and when I first meet a girl I want to see if she dresses decent and if she has nice fingernails and feet.

That JE outfit above looks horrible to me. The colors, the silhouette, the drape, the model...nothing works.

That's how I would wear the Huaraches, like Drake. Aggressively tapered with stacks.

henn, why wouldn't you take the last girl out in public? She acts a fool out in the streets?

Actually I had a few NTers over for a pregame and she was there and they met her. So that's a lie lol. I'm saying I just wouldn't date a girl seriously like take her out to dinner and have a real relationship if I didn't like how she dressed.

And regarding what was just said up above by wins. My ex for over a year hated whenever I wore JE and she would get upset if I was wearing SLP or Balenciagas around her friends for some reason because they were too "fancy". She wanted me in tucked in shirts and pants with no break all the time it drove me nuts. Like I wear that stuff 4-5 days a week when I'm at work so when I'm not at work I'm gonna wear what I want. She just shad to deal with it. Wanted a really preppy/British dressing guy but that's not me. All her friends dressed like Ivy League douchebags (cuz they were) so when I showed up to visit her at school I clearly didn't belong lol.

I've been on nt too long and when I first meet a girl I want to see if she dresses decent and if she has nice fingernails and feet.
And as bad as it sounds, when I see girls in Jordans nowadays and they're older...I just think "thots" :lol:

I cut a chick off for wearing bred 11s to my place. Didn't even get off the couch to walk her to the door last time we kicked it. Such a turn off.

And bout 3 years ago I was buying Jordan's and Lebrons for my girl lol.

I'm a hypocrite.

I don't know many girls anymore that wear sneakers unless they are rocking their gym clothes / yoga pants. Most are in boots or sandals showing off their nice feet.

I like you dudes but I don't like the stuff I'm reading.
We really puttin a girls style over how that *** drops,or how soft her feet are?

I like style but I don't like people trying too hard.
Feel it goes in line with my style.

#dbntbreakfastclub

DJ steezy
Queeze Tha God
Henny Yee

I'm producing this piece :lol:

I love women who wear sneakers but u gotta look at the whole

Like the way they balance the look out

So, I hear a lot of talk on here about Meermin and Carmina. If I'm looking to add to my rotation of dress shoes and diversify a little bit (basically a lot of AE currently), can I go wrong with either choice? I was thinking of buying 2-3 pairs from Meermin and 2-3 pairs from Carmina.

So, I hear a lot of talk on here about Meermin and Carmina. If I'm looking to add to my rotation of dress shoes and diversify a little bit (basically a lot of AE currently), can I go wrong with either choice? I was thinking of buying 2-3 pairs from Meermin and 2-3 pairs from Carmina.
Meermin marketed itself as the little brother to Carmina. Carmina is more $. Both brands are good at their price points.

Is there a size guide anywhere comparing AE, Meermin, Carmina? The fit mainly across different lasts. Also best places to order and what a fair price is?

Is there a size guide anywhere comparing AE, Meermin, Carmina? The fit mainly across different lasts. Also best places to order and what a fair price is?

Sizing is the hardest thing when looking at these places online :lol: . I've been checking out the styleforum to maybe get a comparison on sizing between each brand and their different lasts. I guess if they end up feeling a little too snug or too big, I can always exchange them. Plus, I plan to talk a little with customer service to see if they can help.

Back
Top Bottom