Dressing Better Vol 2.0

No such thing as "big" discounts anymore. Allen Edmonds are nothing to write home about. I wouldn't pay more than $200 for any of them. I had about 4 pairs. A couple from the 2/$200 sale and a couple directly from AE themselves. At the $200-300 mark, you have a lot of other brands ie Loake1880 line, Meermin, etc.

Speaking of which, I wore these today for the second time. They should be around $250 to USA. Loake 1880 line, last is sleek enough, made in England, Goodyear lasted.

Thanks Wis.

How much should I expect to pay for Park Ave's? I would go with Meermin, but I've heard the shipping is slow and I need a new pair within a week.

i would stalk grailed, I got a pair of park ave's 9.5/10 condition for $90 shipped.

Last edited:
How often do the big discounts come around on the Allen Edmonds seconds? I know they aren't crazy anymore like 2 for $200 or whatever it was :lol:, but there are a few styles I was looking at.

Need to cop a couple pairs of Park Ave's.

Not sure if they'll have them again any time soon but when they dropped their Brooks Bros shoes on shoebank down to $99 I bought a few pairs. Park Aves included.

Suit is at my tailor. Letting out the jacket just a tad, moving buttons on waistcoat and taking waist in on trousers and hem.

Thanks Wis.

How much should I expect to pay for Park Ave's? I would go with Meermin, but I've heard the shipping is slow and I need a new pair within a week.

i would stalk grailed, I got a pair of park ave's 9.5/10 condition for $90 shipped.
If he needs a pair in a week, he may need to go to Nordstrom and pay their price.

Grailed is pretty much Craigslist now. Kids asking me if I want to trade for some used stuff they have :lol:

USA: I honestly don't know, man. I don't keep up with AEs anymore. Make that for most brands since I'm not into this as much as I used to.

Thanks Wis.

Max you should pay for AE is $200. Also, I would try and try on AE's in person if you haven't done so already. Their fit doesn't work great with my feet but I got most of mine from the 2/$250 sales so can't complain. If i could go back, i would likely just buy all Meermins.

Magnanni is better brand for dress shoes in comparison to AE. Personally do not like AE, I have a pair of boots by them & don't wear them that often. I suggest y'all check out some of their shoes the style & quality >

Max you should pay for AE is $200. Also, I would try and try on AE's in person if you haven't done so already. Their fit doesn't work great with my feet but I got most of mine from the 2/$250 sales so can't complain. If i could go back, i would likely just buy all Meermins.

I would suggest hitting a Nordstrom Rack, grabbing a pair of Magnannis for

Brand is stutterheim. They're really nice looking rain jackets but they're all rubber and don't breath at all

Magnanni quality is awful. To put it against actual goodyear welted AE's is absurd. Yes, they have sleeker, more euro style designs but in no way are they "better quality". Perhaps just aesthetically pleasing but that subjective to the user.

I've personally owned both. I prefer Magnanni > AE across all boards. I've owned my Ms for 3/4 years, no problems. AEs on the other hand, I had to get repaired a few times.

Adrian / Wis / DBNT fam, I copped this JCrew topcoat and it fits perfectly in the shoulders (size 40S).

If I don't layer / wear a suit, the coat is a bit big in the chest. Would you recommend tailoring? Is it even possible to tailor a lined topcoat and how much would it generally cost?

Note: I can't button my other topcoats at all if I'm wearing a suit + scarf (too tight / buttons pull). This JCrew topcoat fits perfectly when I wear a suit + thick scarf (no pulling at all).

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...DOVR~05660/05660.jsp?color_name=hthr-charcoal

Last edited:
Adrian / Wis / DBNT fam, I copped this JCrew topcoat and it fits perfectly in the shoulders (size 40S).

If I don't layer / wear a suit, the coat is a bit big in the chest. Would you recommend tailoring? Is it even possible to tailor a lined topcoat and how much would it generally cost?

Note: I can't button my other topcoats at all if I'm wearing a suit + scarf (too tight / buttons pull). This JCrew topcoat fits perfectly when I wear a suit + thick scarf (no pulling at all).

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category...DOVR~05660/05660.jsp?color_name=hthr-charcoal

Leave it as is.

If you're going to wear it mostly over a suit or with some layering underneath, don't even tailor it. Topcoats/Overcoats should be a bit more roomy to accommodate for that extra layering underneath.

On a side note, it is definitely possible to tailor a lined topcoat.

outerwear should never be cut as slim as say a suit jacket/blazer. that ish is some GQ bologna. hashtag menswear for real.

I'm with Sergio, leave as is.

here's my jcrew camel with some sweats. roomy cut but looks plenty great casually and not tailored dumb tight.
Dope!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom