Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Im sure this has been asked a million times, but are there any good brands to look for, for those of us who work out and have some muscle. I can't find anything that fits me well. If a shirt fits nice in the torso, everything else is gonna be too tight. If the chest, shoulders, and arms fit nice, the torso will be too baggy. I know someone in here has to have the same problems

Also, I work in an office so I'm only talking about business casual clothing I'd wear to work.

Last edited:
Going to Vegas in a week need tips. I know a couple bruhs been there and I'm not really sure of the dress codes.

Not exactly trying to over do it but if you guys have a couple of outfit suggestions that would allow me to still be comfortable in the clubs I would certainly appreciate it.

I know I've been on a huge hiatus. I think its time for a comeback.

Congrats @peezykbaby! Is that from their MTM program? Noticing some of the red stitching details, that's why I ask. And I agree with Adrian, I need more of my friends to get married so that I have a reason to wear a suit over the summer. On summer vacation so no suiting pics from me.

Congrats @peezykbaby! Is that from their MTM program? Noticing some of the red stitching details, that's why I ask. And I agree with Adrian, I need more of my friends to get married so that I have a reason to wear a suit over the summer. On summer vacation so no suiting pics from me.

ehh was in a wedding a couple weeks back and the groom had a us rent Tuxs from MW...

My pants had the ill steve harvey fit... Didn't even wanna snap too many pics but it is what it is. Congrats to my bro.

Recently quit Jcrew.... but still got that discount for a couple of days. Lmk if bruhs need anything while I got it.

Im sure this has been asked a million times, but are there any good brands to look for, for those of us who work out and have some muscle. I can't find anything that fits me well. If a shirt fits nice in the torso, everything else is gonna be too tight. If the chest, shoulders, and arms fit nice, the torso will be too baggy. I know someone in here has to have the same problems

Also, I work in an office so I'm only talking about business casual clothing I'd wear to work.

I am similar. 6'2" 230 lbs with lots of muscle.

Banana Republic non iron tailored slim fit shirt, is my only off the rack option.

I believe they recently changed the name to "Grant" fit.

Otherwise I take my shirts in to the tailor, hate looking like a try hard at work with spandex dress shirt arms.

That suit was a Sienna Serg.

Honestly, I think anyone who I am close enough with, who would ask me to be in their wedding, would also ask me to help dress the party; so I'd think I should be good if that were the case. I'm just trying to go weddings in general. Not necessarily be in them :lol:

I am similar. 6'2" 230 lbs with lots of muscle.

Banana Republic non iron tailored slim fit shirt, is my only off the rack option.

I believe they recently changed the name to "Grant" fit.

Otherwise I take my shirts in to the tailor, hate looking like a try hard at work with spandex dress shirt arms.
I've really been meaning to check out banana republic, thanks man. And yeah, seems like I'm just gonna have to suck it up and take all my stuff to a tailor. How much does it usually cost to get a torso on a shirt taken in?

Honestly, I think anyone who I am close enough with, who would ask me to be in their wedding, would also ask me to help dress the party; so I'd think I should be good if that were the case. I'm just trying to go weddings in general. Not necessarily be in them :lol:

Ah I see. I wish I could re-do what I wore to my wedding. 6 years ago almost and before the DB phase.

I've only heard bad things about people dressing their groomsmen in stuff from menswearhouse. I don't even know why they go in for measurements since the stuff never fits them.

I've really been meaning to check out banana republic, thanks man. And yeah, seems like I'm just gonna have to suck it up and take all my stuff to a tailor. How much does it usually cost to get a torso on a shirt taken in?

That's a perfect segue into some shocking tailoring news for me. I have been going to my tailor religiously for about 5 years. He was unbelievably skilled, and his pricing was absurd. I used to drop in on a monthly basis and toss him $20 just for his quality, speed and pricing.

I am talking tapering selvedge denim from the inseam for $5 type pricing... Just crazy. For dress shirts he would usually charge me $10 for one, but if I brought multiples we were back at that 5-7$ range.

Now I am screwed, I would expect to pay abut $20 to have a dress shirt taken in, which is annoying if you're paying BR Factory Store prices on the shirt and getting it for $25.

RIP... This dude was a true G.

BAX, Victor - Peacefully, with his family at his side, at University Hospital London, Victor Bax, former owner of Bax Custom Tailoring. Victor trained in Rome as a tailor, going on to take special training in his craft which led to his exceptional expertise in making military uniforms, clerical clothing and vestments. He emigrated to Canada in the mid 1950's and settled in London.

^ Italian tailoring =
smokin.gif

can you b in my wedding a

Sorry I know this has probably been asked a million times, but where can I get a decent suit and some blazers for work on a budget. Thanks!

Going to Vegas in a week need tips. I know a couple bruhs been there and I'm not really sure of the dress codes.

Not exactly trying to over do it but if you guys have a couple of outfit suggestions that would allow me to still be comfortable in the clubs I would certainly appreciate it.

Don't wear a suit or you'll look like you're trying too hard. Also contrary to what the venues say, you don't need to wear dress shoes either. Designer sneaks or just some clean chucks will be fine. Throw on some dark fitted jeans and a fitted button up and call it a night. Can rock a nice Tshirt if you're doing bottle service.

Don't wear a suit or you'll look like you're trying too hard. Also contrary to what the venues say, you don't need to wear dress shoes either. Designer sneaks or just some clean chucks will be fine. Throw on some dark fitted jeans and a fitted button up and call it a night. Can rock a nice Tshirt if you're doing bottle service.

My man I appreciate that. I probably sound like such a noob but what's the ticket on bottle service out there. I ain't rich but I'm far from broke and I'm trying to have a good time.

My man I appreciate that. I probably sound like such a noob but what's the ticket on bottle service out there. I ain't rich but I'm far from broke and I'm trying to have a good time.
prices are ridiculously expensive, especially in vegas. Most clubs do minimums instead of per bottle charges. They vary depending on the club and who's spinning. The more popular spots such as Light, Hakkasan, Omnia, etc will typically have minimums of $2k+ and those are for the tables away from the action. Hit up Drai's after hours party if you like hip hop. Otherwise mostly everything is edm now.

Just left Vegas Sunday. A table at Drai's is $800 and bottles were $400. 50 cent was there the night we went(Saturday)

Sup, my dude! You'll have a great time. I've been to vegas three times and I've literally worn everything from a leather jacket, jeans and t-shirt combo to a full suit (my buddies and I always do one night of a nice dinner and full dress). Also, I suggest that you get bottle service wherever you go; depending on the size of the group, it'll workout to be cheaper as opposed to paying cover and for drinks all night, and you can literally wear whatever you want because you have bottle service.  Also, if you're traveling from some place outside of vegas, buy alcohol and pack it in your bag; it'll save you so much money in the long run, and when you have girls in your room, they'll appreciate it. If you want to ensure your cover is cheaper without bottle service, find a group of girls to link up with early on, and go to clubs together . . .the more girls you have, the less your cover will be.

Back
Top Bottom