Dressing Better Vol 2.0

hhhornet, do you have a pair of bass loafers yourself? if you do, how comfortable are they? should i spend a little extra(around $50) on cole haan loafers instead? comfort is a big deal to me when it comes to non-sneaker shoes

http://www.endless.com/Mens-Shoes-L...=brands&asin=B0030MJ074&ref=sr_1_4&pageCode=d

Hey man, yeah I actually bought my Bass Weejun loafers from a thrift store for something like 10 bucks. I wouldn't say they're the most comfortable shoes I own, but for throwing on sockless they get the job done. They're pretty rock solid, with a leather sole and reinforced heel. I plan on beating these into the ground before getting another pair. If comfort is your priority, I would definitely try on some Cole Haans or even the 1901 Nordstrom brand.

Here's an older picture of me wearing the Weejuns:

can anybody ID this shirt for me, or tell me what the style is called so that I may find other shirts like it. thank you.

Hey guys!

Quick question here. I'm going to a tennis game tomorrow for the 1st time in my life. It's the Rogers Cup in Montreal. Big names will be playing.

I got invited by one of the players, in her suite to watch the game.

I have NO IDEA how to dress for that event. I feel like suit (with or without tie) is waaaay to formal.

Please help me :tongue:

Hey guys!
Quick question here. I'm going to a tennis game tomorrow for the 1st time in my life. It's the Rogers Cup in Montreal. Big names will be playing.
I got invited by one of the players, in her suite to watch the game.
I have NO IDEA how to dress for that event. I feel like suit (with or without tie) is waaaay to formal.
Please help me :tongue:
Its summertime and its a tennis match. Dress comfortable. Chinos and a light shirt.

The native american shirt posted 2 up is most likely Polo they were really popular last fall

Hey man, yeah I actually bought my Bass Weejun loafers from a thrift store for something like 10 bucks. I wouldn't say they're the most comfortable shoes I own, but for throwing on sockless they get the job done. They're pretty rock solid, with a leather sole and reinforced heel. I plan on beating these into the ground before getting another pair. If comfort is your priority, I would definitely try on some Cole Haans or even the 1901 Nordstrom brand.
Here's an older picture of me wearing the Weejuns:
thanks. picked up a pair of cole haans for almost 50% off

80$ exact you my man are clutch. Question you ever ordered from them? Will my shoes get here by friday or saturday morning? Would like to have them for Saturday night.
Check your PM. The ship from TN so they are pretty fast. Not 100% though

wj4 good looks on the blog shoutout. for those who wanted lapel pind i will be working on them this upcoming weekend
No problem, my man. I hope you get some traffic.

A pretty mundane outfit today, white/pink gingham short sleeve shirt and charcoal wool trousers. But the important part is that I got a new pose to use: the Birdman hand rub 8) :lol:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8ddwq57l81rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Also a couple of sweaters came in. I'm pretty stoked that I was able to pick up this MJ cardigan for only $120 from Yoox. I've been wanting a 100% silk sweater for a while.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8de75LD7U1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

It's been a while since I've posted in here, been away on vacation and just getting back and trying to get everything back into place. You will definitely see more of me from here on out, both here and on my blog.

So on a whim I stopped by the sample sale that ended today at Michael Andrew's Bespoke. Mind you I went during the last hour so not much was left just a few things. The prices were great! Ties for $10, Hand-rolled pocket squares for $5, etc. I got really really lucky and found two pairs of pants; Bespoke pants for an AMAZING price. The 2 pants were pants that someone had put an order in for, paid their 50% deposit and then never paid the last half and as a result never picked them up. Once a year passes they are a go for the sample sale. I paid $20 for each pant; if I had them Bespoken specifically for me, they'd be about $500-600 each. All they need is to be hemmed and tapered a little bit. For $40 for pants that would have ran me $1000-1200 I can't complain. The tie, $10, I think it sold for $50 originally. Good deal I say :smokin!

More on my blog!

Pics:
Gray Stripe

My favorite ones, some shade of blue, not navy but not necessarily blue

Tie

Nice fit up there...
I was just thinking about whether or not leave the sneaker game... but instead I was curious if you guys ever mix your kicks with your type of wardrobe... some pics would be cool so I can get an idea because I love collecting but hate dressing the same old way (The general Matching T jeans kicks) you know?
Sneakers are an essential part of a man's wardrobe. However, they need to be versatile so more low key ones are preferred. If you're a sneaker head, something like Dunk lows and highs will work quite well with chinos and t shirts, and will even look decent with a bit dressy get up, say a dress shirt with jeans, and a cardigan over. More colorful and oddly shaped sneakers will not do, however.

Aside from a pair of Zoom Kobe IV I use to ball in, I have 6 pairs of sneakers, but none are from Nike. They're all from Lanvin and Margiela. I like these brands because they have no logos on the shoes so they are quite plain looking.

I never stopped wearin sneakers, I just mix it up...to me dressing better just meant fitting better...with that said, my idea of dressing better is not always suited up, or shirt tucked or Allen Edmonds on your feet 7 dys if the week...my idea of dressing better is wearing things that fit you right....reason why now most of my pants I get tailored, so my sneakers still get play, I just know that if I'm wearin a pair of runners, basketball, trainers nikes I shouldn't try to look formal, because it just won't work, I'll just untuck my shirt, wear some jeans...hell if I'm wearing a tee shirt that fits, a pair of pants that fits and some cements, IMO in dressing better for myself.

7545964246_6f09cac150_b.jpg

I meant to post ^^^ that picture...sorry

I wanted to make a post on my blog about how you can be versatile, as long as you don't lose your fit, you can still look presentable...my Tshirt is a bit lose since I lost a few lbs, so just picture a better fitting tee of course, I can easily and have gotten into trendy party spots with strict doors with both fits.

Telling you bros, it's all about FIT FIT FIT!...you don't need to retire your collection in order to start dressing better!

Last edited:
Nice fit up there...
I was just thinking about whether or not leave the sneaker game... but instead I was curious if you guys ever mix your kicks with your type of wardrobe... some pics would be cool so I can get an idea because I love collecting but hate dressing the same old way (The general Matching T jeans kicks) you know?

After a while your taste will change and you'll probably stop rocking the bulkier kicks. It takes a whie, 8 years ago you couldnt catch me dead in a pair of Converses, now those are my go 2 sneaker when im on the run. I traded in rocking Foams to rock Stan Smiths and Jack Purcells. Some sneakers are just timeless, and I gravitate towards them more. Kicks like Jordan 1,3,4,5, Nike Blazers, Dunks, Frees a bunch of Air Maxes. Now I even added New Balance, Spring Courts etc. I still admire foams and alot of the kicks that drop but I dont have that urge to run to the store and cop. Once a sneaker head, always tho. :nerd:

and on that note I really need these

Last edited:
Yes. Fit makes a huge difference. I need to get a few pairs of jeans tailored, but I've never had it done, so I'm not too sure how to go about it and what to ask for. And advice on that?

@KSteezy, you live in NY right? Where do you get your stuff tailored?

Last edited:
Yes. Fit makes a huge difference. I need to get a few pairs of jeans tailored, but I've never had it done, so I'm not too sure how to go about it and what to ask for. And advice on that? @KSteezy, you live in NY right? Where do you get your stuff tailored?

I also need to get some jeans tailored. Would it be most effective to bring in an already well-fitting pair of pants and just ask to have them tailored to fit the exact same way? Will alterations be able to be made based on another garment of clothing?

You guys think a good tailor could shorten a jersey without butchering it? I have a USA Bron jersey that is just too long.

You guys think a good tailor could shorten a jersey without butchering it? I have a USA Bron jersey that is just too long.
It's been a while since I wore jerseys, my man...but the arm hole openings differ with the sizes, no? My concern is that if you need to shorten it a lot, it will look weird because the arm openings will be huge and the letters and numbers will look out of proportion.

thinkinFresh: I'm with you, man. I still have love for Js and such, but I'm too old to be lining up for them now. It was real fun during high school and first 2 or so years of college. Reminds me of the disappointment in going home empty handed after camping out for the Espos and Pharrell Dunks :frown:

It's been a while since I wore jerseys, my man...but the arm hole openings differ with the sizes, no? My concern is that if you need to shorten it a lot, it will look weird because the arm openings will be huge and the letters and numbers will look out of proportion.
thinkinFresh: I'm with you, man. I still have love for Js and such, but I'm too old to be lining up for them now. It was real fun during high school and first 2 or so years of college. Reminds me of the disappointment in going home empty handed after camping out for the Espos and Pharrell Dunks
frown.gif
Well these are the new cut jerseys, so the arm hole isnt really all that big. Its the USA Lebron jersey replica, and ive read these fit slimmer than jerseys of the past.

Maybe I should take a pic, but the length on these are ridiculous. The top fits fine, a tad loose but the bottom of the jersey is like 3-4 inches from my knee.

anyone ever buy from indochino? did you measure your full body yourself or got your measurements from a professional? how is the quality of their clothing? is it easy to alter the clothes if its not to your best fit (up to $75 credit for alterations)?

Back
Top Bottom