Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Unless you're walking through mud all the time, those soles would last a while. Of course they would be better if they were dark colored soles.
I'm not quite sure why so many people talk about soles wearing out being that most of us probably haven't wore out a sole on a pair of shoes since elementary or middle school.
I've worn out soles on two pairs of my Allen Edmonds after 3 years of wear. Plan on resoling soon.

At the cost and time it would take to resole them you could just buy another pear
That's for the new republics. Dropping bread on another CP or BV boot ain't as casual of a task.

Unless you're walking through mud all the time, those soles would last a while. Of course they would be better if they were dark colored soles.
I'm not quite sure why so many people talk about soles wearing out being that most of us probably haven't wore out a sole on a pair of shoes since elementary or middle school.

I think with the crepe soles it has more to do with the color turning nasty after heavy use.

I think with the crepe soles it has more to do with the color turning nasty after heavy use.
Happens to clarks db's.

Folks still rocking them.

White Vibram soles do much of the same yet it doesn't keep me from rocking. Some things you just gotta accept if you plan on getting a good wear out of your clothes and shoes.

Last edited:
I got shoes with white vibrant and they don't look as dirty as crepe soles plus you are able to clean the dirt off of vibrams. If they made the Chelsea's with darker colored crepe soles then some may consider, but as it stands. It's a dub.

I thought crepe only comes in one color since it's natural rubber. I've seen it painted, but that's it.

Quick question,if an event dress code is semi formal,can I get away without wearing the suit jacket,just shirt and tie?

Anyone start thinking about their New Years fit yet
I plan on keeping it simple with a black blazer, black shirt, black pants, and some black SLP boots (i haven't decided which ones yet).

I am going to mirror this fit. 

Last year I wore a suit and decided I wanted to be a lot more comfortable this year. 

Last edited:
Ditch the shirt and go for black tee for that extra comfort.

+1 if you got a jersey blazer already.

Quick and dirty (read: cheap) tan suede chelseas to do the trick...leads?

Not feeling the McNairys or the tan on the UO's

Last edited:
Story et fall
4b8d8cda_8plkvlD3nmoLL6lARKmvW-Sm4EE5ZtxpGXVJLepGILUw615-h819-no.jpeg

SLP
7f218be07f182ac08a3165fdfb617054.jpg

Nid de gueppes
101158138_o6.jpg

Not sure
common-projects-suede-boot-chelsea-mens-street-fashion-soletopia.jpg

Botega venetta
bottega-veneta-chelsea-boots-tumblr-inline-n9akvr3alf1r9e7cw-OicklB.jpg

Last edited:
Quick and dirty (read: cheap) tan suede chelseas to do the trick...leads?

Not feeling the McNairys or the tan on the UO's

Steve Madden Brodey's, Coens or Clints and then you have Foundation Footwear Pastors.

Like someone else mentioned, Asos and Topman. There might be others but pickings are slim if you're in bargain territory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom