Dressing Better Vol 2.0

thats not the same fit but you are right i think i recall another picture where it shows those chelseas

and to the cat asking why slp's look better.

it's all preference but the shape of slp's are very sleek and not rounded like cp's.

i also prefer the stacked heel to the crepe becuse crepe turns black and ugly. 

the leather stacked heel can be dressed up or down so it can be worn casually or with a nicer fit. more versatile. 

the crepe sole is strictly casual. 

Last edited:
Sorry my guy

But tan boots are gonna be casual either way

If they were Black leather or black suede with a black sole maybe

SLP has a multitude of brown hues over the past few years.

All of which can be seen on various models (jodhpurs, harness boots, chelseas, etc.)

Here's Scott rocking jodhpurs in a tan similar to the new republics:

nah that's just the lighting. mine look like that under bright flash and they are the sigaro color

i'd say the closest slp to the new republics are the slhedi 40 lizard wyatt

although the "new sigaro" colorway for S/S 17 looks really light/pale in comparison to the previous years. 

Last edited:
Different Seasons. Different Shades.

no i got you . all my sigaro slp's are damn near a different shade but im saying it's the lighting. they really aren't that light in person. 

Last edited:
At the end of the day, I personally copped the boots for an $80 beater. The change from leather to crepe soles will be a nice touch in terms of variety as well.

I have been very outspoken against chelsea's/boots with a crepe sole, due to issues of longevity, but mainly because the cheapest option are $500 CP's. Although at $80, I'll roll the dice.

I guess I'm in the minority but I just can't rock the Chelsea joints. I'll stick with desert boots. But fat shouts to the guys with that versatility. :smokin

I'm considering the dark grey ones because all my boots are lace-up ones. Would be nice to have one pair I can just slip on and off that's not heavy.

I'm really tempted to but I detest crepe soles so much.

But then again...price. I'm eyeing the grey and black. This is the exact type of purchase I shouldn't make.

We'll see...

Couldn't you just redo the soles when they wear out?
I have been told you can..however crepe soles are cemented on. Not entirely sure how that works outside of scraping the bits left when the sole is cut then I suppose gluing a new one on?

Goodyear welted/Blake stitched don't run into the same issues (the former the better option for this task).

I guess I'm in the minority but I just can't rock the Chelsea joints. I'll stick with desert boots. But fat shouts to the guys with that versatility. :smokin

Me neither bro. I don't mind the dressier look at all, but something about the shape of the boot throws me off, I don't know. Doesn't feel right.

They're cool on others though.

Unless you're walking through mud all the time, those soles would last a while. Of course they would be better if they were dark colored soles.

Unless you're walking through mud all the time, those soles would last a while. Of course they would be better if they were dark colored soles.
I'm not quite sure why so many people talk about soles wearing out being that most of us probably haven't wore out a sole on a pair of shoes since elementary or middle school.

At the cost and time it would take to resole them you could just buy another pear

Back
Top Bottom