Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Anyone use one of those monthly clothes services where they send you a box of stuff every month, or can recommend a good one?

I would not recommend it. My friend had a subscription from fivefour as well as trunk club. The clothes from both subscription didn't feel anything special. Quality felt pretty cheap - similar to h&m and other mall brands.

Where's the best place to keep up to date on sales for common projects ? Want a pair of Achilles lows all white or all grey. What's a good price on them for me to pull the trigger ?

For all white, I'd say anything under 300 shipped is fair. Sub-250 would be insta-cop IMO.

This wasnt for me, but I appreciate all the feedback. I will advise them to stay away.

To be honest I could never let another person dress me, I'm too picky

Anyone use one of those monthly clothes services where they send you a box of stuff every month, or can recommend a good one?
The business model isn't aimed towards any guy who are into fashion. We talk about leg openings here and lasts of the shoes, foreign concepts to most others.

Those companies are great for guys with somewhat spending income, who want to look decent, but hate shopping and don't care on looking for deals, and developing their own styles.

Thanks FAM. Going to order tomorrow. Go TTS? I wear a 10 in Ultra Boost and 350 V2. Also, what size leg opening you have there?
RE: leg opening...not sure how big your calves are, but 6.5" should be a good bet for that kind of stacking. Just make sure your jean has some elastic property, and not 100% cotton.

If you need a dope tailor, go to: https://www.yelp.com/biz/tailor-town-glendale and ask for Roubina. A couple local NTers already went to them throughout the years that I posted in the thread.

They used to be at the Glendale Galleria, and did a lot of work Nordstrom couldn't do. My boy who worked at Nordstrom in the mid 2000s put me on them. Quality is top notch, but not the cheapest. They've done everything for me, from a simple hem job to recutting the pants pretty much.

They can slim down jeans no problem, did it on a couple of my pairs from 7" to 6.25-9.5". Just make sure it has elastic property, otherwise it's going to be pretty uncomfy.

If you need a dope tailor, go to: https://www.yelp.com/biz/tailor-town-glendale and ask for Roubina. A couple local NTers already went to them throughout the years that I posted in the thread.

They used to be at the Glendale Galleria, and did a lot of work Nordstrom couldn't do. My boy who worked at Nordstrom in the mid 2000s put me on them. Quality is top notch, but not the cheapest. They've done everything for me, from a simple hem job to recutting the pants pretty much.

They can slim down jeans no problem, did it on a couple of my pairs from 7" to 6.25-9.5". Just make sure it has elastic property, otherwise it's going to be pretty uncomfy.
Thanks Wiz. They are going to be my new tailor. Been going to Tony's in San Gabriel.

Thanks Wiz. They are going to be my new tailor. Been going to Tony's in San Gabriel.
Tony is good too. He's the tailor that Jason from Thick as Thieves uses. I went to him a couple of times before.

His prices are a bit cheaper than the folks I recommended.

Only thing you need to subscribe to is this thread.

DBNT >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You missed this thread by a good 3-4 years or so.

Adrian was a college kid, killing it on a shoestring budget finessing thrift finds.
Elkin had NT behind him to win over Jake in that contest :rofl:
The Collective blog.
Secret Santa, I think we did it 2 or 3 years. No one got left out. I made sure there was excess gifts.
Bama being the connect and sending out free Allen Edmond shoes.
Outfit pictures posted daily.
Dudes were hooking each other up with free gear that they no longer use.
Trolling that took place like clockwork.

Last edited:
You missed this thread by a good 3-4 years or so.

Adrian was a college kid, killing it on a shoestring budget finessing thrift finds.
Elkin had NT behind him to win over Jake in that contest
roll.gif

The Collective blog.
Secret Santa, I think we did it 2 or 3 years. No one got left out. I made sure there was excess gifts.
Bama being the connect and sending out free Allen Edmond shoes.
Outfit pictures posted daily.
Dudes were hooking each other up with free gear that they no longer use.
Trolling that took place like clockwork.
Those were good times.  That's when I was finally promoted to a Senior Analyst position and began to really build my wardrobe.  I would browse this thread consistently scoping for the deals.  A lot of those pieces I still use to this very day

Shoutout to Carlin for those McAllisters a couple of years ago. Still wear them :smokin

Someone was going to hook it up with a Weekender years ago, and then disappeared. :lol:

I know his name, but it's not that serious. :tongue:

I still rock my cheap Gap Japanese Selvedge though. That was a serious come up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom