Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How did you guys learn about suits? Not in a rush to buy or anything, but I would like to know about proper fit, etc.
became cool with an employee at my local SuitSupply. Was very knowledgeable and guided me through the entire process. I'd suggest starting there and just chopping it up with an employee

became cool with an employee at my local SuitSupply. Was very knowledgeable and guided me through the entire process. I'd suggest starting there and just chopping it up with an employee

Gonna do this around June. Is SS like any other store where you can walk in at any time and find an employee to help you with a suit?

Last edited:
Gonna do this around June. Is SS like any other store where you can walk in at any time and find an employee to help you with a suit?
Yes most employees at the stores I have been to have been very helpful, especially once you go in a couple times and get to know them. They stock hundreds of suits in every size. Onsite tailors help get the fit just right. Do a little research befor hand. Know the different suits they carry and what your looking for so you can speak their language.

I need to see if SS has a site near me in Maryland. I bought two suits at Men's Wearhouse yesterday. But I always feel like it's not a great "deal." I copped a gray and a blue suit. I got the legs tapered. I want a black suit, navy suit and tux (and maybe one more later).

I'm donating my old suits to Salvation Army or Good Will.

And now I want all my trousers/jeans tapered. Is it hard to get Levi's tapered?

I'll check it out. I got a month before the wedding.

A tux and loafers would be fly.

Sooner you can go the better. The one in Georgetown is usually busy on weekends FYI so if you can go on a weekday do that. Also want to make sure you have enough time for tailoring. I've had to wait at least 2 weeks to get a suit tailored from them each time I've gone.

I've always gone OTR and had a few adjustments done, but it still felt whack.

Does anyone know the difference between and OTR + alterations vs. MTM? 

MTM suits allows you to customize a few elements, like lapels, pockets, etc... but what about the measurements?

I know proper bespoke is essentially a complete custom suit with no pre-determined measurements.

Sooner you can go the better. The one in Georgetown is usually busy on weekends FYI so if you can go on a weekday do that. Also want to make sure you have enough time for tailoring. I've had to wait at least 2 weeks to get a suit tailored from them each time I've gone.

Good info. I was wondering what their turnaround was for alterations. Might go a month early to get mine.

Got a mayor duffle bag that has 3 shoe compartments and I use a WallyBags garment bag.

Only thing bad about the bag is if you are above a size 11.5 and have bulky shoe them zippers dont want to close but for that bag it has been quite durable for me

Only thing bad about the bag is if you are above a size 11.5 and have bulky shoe them zippers dont want to close but for that bag it has been quite durable for me

I agree. AJ1 high gets cramped so I tend to use 2 out of 3 unless rocking all lows.

What type of weekend getaway luggage you guys rocking with?

Got a mayor duffle bag that has 3 shoe compartments and I use a WallyBags garment bag.

Look into Private Label NYC bags. You won't regret it.

-Drew

Updated with personal pics
Thanks for the on feet pics @Slighted. I agree with your first comment that they are pretty bulbous shaped , but I still think that they are really nice looking boots and are a good addition to your collection, especially for the price of $170.

I actually really like the nap and color of that suede as well. It reminds me of the "nut suede" that was on FW13 Saint Laurent Harness boots. How is the overall construction and quality in your opinion? I know some Rag&Bone shoes are made in Portugal while some are made in Italy.

Last edited:
^ I have prior experience working in fashion and the suede on these boots is pretty awesome.

I'm hesitating because they're bulbous for sure. If I don't wear slim pants, it's more obvious. For $170, these are a steal though.

These would be my first pair of suede chelseas too. I'm looking for a sharper toed black leather pair to round out my collection.

Last edited:
^ I have prior experience working in fashion and the suede on these boots is pretty awesome.

I'm hesitating because they're bulbous for sure. If I don't wear slim pants, it's more obvious. For $170, these are a steal though.

These would be my first pair of suede chelseas too. I'm looking for a sharper toed black leather pair to round out my collection.
Nice. I currently own 3 pairs of suede boots and bought a pair of Tom Ford chelsea boots as my pair of black calf leather.

Left pair are Common Projects, middle are the black calf Tom Ford, and the right are black suede Saint Laurent chelsea boots.

Look into Private Label NYC bags. You won't regret it.

-Drew

Looks good but price is a bit much, especially cuz I paid less than $50 for my mayor duffle.

It's quality and I meant it when I said that you won't have any sort of buyer's remorse. They are priced much better than Shrine Co. bags and are better thought out than the Mayor Duffles.

-Drew

Finally picked up a red flannel from Uniqlo. On sale for $3.90 :wow:

Also shout out to whoever mentioned sailonyc in this thread way back. Picked up everything he's released so far. The DR is perfect imo :pimp:

Last edited:
Can anybody lead me in the direction of where some ripped jesns are at a reasonable price , shorts as well

I can't vouch for quality because I don't own these and Aldo shoes are known to be crap, but these are apparently made by "Mr. Bs" whoever that is...

Supposed to be goodyear welted and cost $300 regularly. At $118, it may be a decent enough pair of full leather chelsea boots. They may be total crap but some may just want a somewhat cheap pair of beaters...

https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/...dxVLnEZobCJw&dclid=CLnVxr6z4NMCFU2CaQodhHcEmg

Cognac Color

https://www.aldoshoes.com/us/en_US/...i4YPOI79cE.g&dclid=CPGQnby04NMCFcFGXgodKW4KTg

Last edited:
^^^^^ Mr.B's is just an Aldo sub-line named after the founder.Slightly better quality than regular Aldo but still nothing amazing.

@BlackChiney08

@Pinoy732

After some thought, I'm gonna return the Rag & Bone suede chelseas. The quality is definitely great, but 1) the toe is too bulbous and 2) the crepe soles got dirty way too fast (and that was just me trying them on in my apartment). I had to clean them up extensively.

I copped these Nordstrom 1901 Barrett chukkas a few months ago and have begun the transition towards DBNT x SLP aesthetic:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom