Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Need help DB team.

I been eying the Steve Madden Suffolk boots for a while now and today they are having a pretty good sell on their site and I'm considering pulling the trigger.

However, I want to see what other similar options are out there before I make the move. Seems like everytime I buy a boot I see another pair that I like more so I want to be sure. If anyone could hit me with a few options givin that it's Cyber Monday that would be great and reps will be delivered.

Thanks in advance. Here's a link for reference.

http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.asp...ampaign=2012&gclid=CJu0vryG7bMCFQf0nAodkWIA-Q

edit: also if anyone already has the Suffolk boots and could take a pic of them on feet so that I could get a better idea of those that'd be great too. Someone posted an aerial view before but I'd like to see one from the side.

Last edited:
Constructive:
I agree that Flyknits are no good with that, period. Maybe my monitor's too dark but I can't tell what the pants are like. Upper half is a little too monotone and kinda blah, shirt sleeves have too much material, I'd imagine the whole shirt is baggy?
I wouldn't see you in the street and think, "That guy can't dress at all" but I wouldn't think it was pulled off well and the sneakers (I have a pair) would stand out as awkward.
Related note, it's funny to me that most regular fit dress shirt would have to be worn by a bodybuilder to fit well in the sleeves...and the midsection/waist would still be ridiculous.

thanks for the comments bro,kinda agree in all of them...those flyknits be killing me lol...thing is i like the controversy though...and kinda hard to let them go lol..but everything else noted(and mostly agreed).thanks everyone

Last edited:
Kohl's has Dockers' slim fitting tapered Khaki's ringing up to $33.91 shipped to Cali.

Use code "CYBER20" at checkout.

Last edited:
How do you guys pack your clothes as to not get totally wrinkled when traveling? Going to NYC soon, and will take some “dressing better” outfits and don’t want them looking like a wrinkle grenade hit them lol

From Putthison.com

Here’s an updated list of sales for the Thanksgiving holiday that have bled over into Cyber Monday. All sales end today, unless otherwise noted.

Allen Edmonds: 30%-50% off select styles
Amazon: $50 off shoe purchases over $200 with code CYBERSHOE (includes Allen Edmonds & Red Wings models)
American Giant: 40% off
ASOS: 30% off everything (including sale) with code CYBERMONDAYSPECIAL
Barney’s New York: More items added to sale section
Biased Cut: 20% off with code 20PLEASE
Billy Reid: 20% off with code CYBER
Blackbird: 20% off with the code BLKFRD
Bonobos: 30% off with code TAKEOFF30
Boylston Trading Company: 35% off plus free shipping with the code CYBERMON12
BKLYN Dry Goods: 20% off sitewide plus free shipping
Brooks Brothers: Free shipping
Charles Tyrwhitt: Buy 1 shirt, get 2 free
Chicago Belt Co.: Belts starting at $25, ends Tuesday
Club Monaco: extra 30% off sale items
Corter Leather: 20% off with code BLKFRDY
Country Club Prep: 25% off
C.K.C. Shop: 22% off with code TURKEY22
Department 17: Up to 40% off selected items (prices as marked); ends Tuesday
Derek Rose: 15% off with the code CMO15
Dockers: 40% off sitewide with code CYBER40
D.S. Dundee: 20% off with the code SORRY; ends November 30
End Clothing: 25% off
Exquisite Trimmings: 20% off with the code thanks; free shipping in the U.K. and elsewhere on orders over £50 and VAT deducted for non-UK customers
Filson: 30% off with code BF2LOYAL
Fine & Dandy Shop: Free shipping with code HOLIDAY2012 on orders $50 or more
Gant: Up to 40% off
General Knot Co.: 20% off with code CM2012
Haberdash: 33% off select items
Hickoree’s: 20% off with code CYBERMONDAY
Hollows Leather: 15% off with code WHATASTUPIDNAME
Indochino: 30% off all orders over $700 with code BLACKFRIDAY12
Jack Spade: 25% off all sale items with code 25FTW
Joe’s Sporting Goods: 20% off Filson products; ends December 7th
J.Crew: 25% off with code MONDAY
J.Press: 25% off select items
Lands’ End/Lands End Canvas: 30% off with code WONDERLAND and PIN 2126; going on now, ends Monday
Ledbury: 25% off all shirts with the code HOLIDAYSHIRTS
Levi’s: 40% off with code CYBERMON
Lotuff Leather: Free bifold wallet with any $1,000 purchase with code THANKSGIVINGBIFOLD, ends November 27
L.L.Bean/L.L.Bean Signature: 10% off with code THANKS10; ends Tuesday
Maas & Stacks: 20% off with the code thanks
Mohawk General Store: 20% off with code BLACKNOIR
Mr. Porter: Sale up to 50% off plus free shipping in U.S.
MUJI: 50% off innerwear, slippers and foam cushions
Oak Street Bootmakers: Free shipping and footwear kit with purchase
Ovadia & Sons: Up to 30% off plus free shipping with code TURKEY
Park & Bond: Items in sale section are at least 30% off
Pierrepoint Hicks: 20% off with the code JABBERWOCKY
Ralph Lauren: extra 25% off selected sale items; going on now
Rugby Ralph Lauren: 30% off regular-priced items, extra 50% off sale items
Rogue Fashion Trends: 25% off with code singlemaltscotch
Shipley & Halmos: 50% off select items
StyleGun: 60% off select items
The Corner: 30% off most items with code THANKYOU
The Knottery: 25% off with code GOBBLE
The Watch Company: $10 off all orders with code BLACKCYBER10
Tuckernuck: “Like” them on Facebook to receive various discount codes up to 25% off
T.M. Lewin: 5 shirts for $160, take an extra 15% off with the code BLKFRI
Wharf Clothing: $25 off when you spend $100-$250, $100 off when you spend over $250
Wickham House: 25% off with code PTO; ends December 3
Wittmore: 30% off with code CYBER30
Yoox: 15% off with the code YOOXTHANKS

-Kiyoshi

Just got my Docker's in.

The fit on them is on point. Not too slim for a bigger guy. 
pimp.gif

How do you guys pack your clothes as to not get totally wrinkled when traveling? Going to NYC soon, and will take some “dressing better” outfits and don’t want them looking like a wrinkle grenade hit them lol

Get yourself a garment bag, I have one cost me about $60. Eventually want to get this...

It's a Filson, $550 bones though.

hey guys, im thinking about pulling the trigger on the AE strands in black (thanks to Lyon for the heads up) but im just curious what's your take on them. I only own brown shoes except for a black captoe i purchased from landsend for the low because i think they are more versatile. my problem is that i want to be able to rock the black strands with and without the suit. so what do you think, can perf caps be dressed down as well as dressed up?

if not, i think i will go with the neumok's in snuff suede. at least if i go brown, i change it up a little and for $150 shipped, it can't be beat.

Last edited:
Does Nordstrom ever have promo codes? Thinking about pulling the trigger on some new shoes… :smokin

do plain old raw indigo Naked & Famous weird guy's typically go on sale? If so, when and where? (I would post this in Denim school, but that thread has been moving hella slow lately...)

Back
Top Bottom