Dressing Better Vol 2.0

do plain old raw indigo Naked & Famous weird guy's typically go on sale? If so, when and where? (I would post this in Denim school, but that thread has been moving hella slow lately...)

Gilt & Plndr have N&F from time to time as well.

kinda feelin these
smokin.gif

ronnie-fieg-sebago-2012-fall-winter-iroquois-lux-boot-0.jpg

Last edited:
hey guys, im thinking about pulling the trigger on the AE strands in black (thanks to Lyon for the heads up) but im just curious what's your take on them. I only own brown shoes except for a black captoe i purchased from landsend for the low because i think they are more versatile. my problem is that i want to be able to rock the black strands with and without the suit. so what do you think, can perf caps be dressed down as well as dressed up?
if not, i think i will go with the neumok's in snuff suede. at least if i go brown, i change it up a little and for $150 shipped, it can't be beat.

I ordered the walnut strands myself because I can see it being rocked with some denim. To me you can dress them up or down, it seems like it's only one of the few AE shoes that can work both ways.

Just got back from a Thanksgiving weekend wedding down in San Diego. Still hung over from the open bar all night...and for those who have yet to do it, DO NOT FLY WHEN YOU HAVE A HANGOVER. Probably in my top 10 most horrible experiences ever! :x

I'm on the right:

I ordered the walnut strands myself because I can see it being rocked with some denim. To me you can dress them up or down, it seems like it's only one of the few AE shoes that can work both ways.
Yeah I got a pair of players in walnut very versatile. Just trying to figure out of black is the way to go or snuff suede this time

They can def be dressed down, black is tough for me though.

Just got back from a Thanksgiving weekend wedding down in San Diego. Still hung over from the open bar all night...and for those who have yet to do it, DO NOT FLY WHEN YOU HAVE A HANGOVER. Probably in my top 10 most horrible experiences ever! :x
I'm on the right:
Great stuff, man. The only one out of the gang with properly fitting clothes!

Today:

^check out Marshall's as well. They have a great selection of Levi's trousers as well. They are similar to Alpha's I think.

TheCorner has a bunch of Common Projects on sale and with the code: "THANKYOU", you get an extra 30% off which brings the price to ~$200 or less.

showed my BF this thread... and some shoes a couple pages back like "see? You should get some like these...." he was like "oh! yea, you're right..."

:lol: :lol: :\

hopefully that's a step in the right direction....

**edit

I showed him these but the ones posted that were black

Last edited:
for my db members that live in colder climate. what do you guys wear in the winter ? i guess there is no way to get around from down bombers or parkas ? any other alternatives you guys suggest ?

TheCorner has a bunch of Common Projects on sale and with the code: "THANKYOU", you get an extra 30% off which brings the price to ~$200 or less.

What's sizing like on Common Projects? Just the basic, low top sneakers.

for my db members that live in colder climate. what do you guys wear in the winter ? i guess there is no way to get around from down bombers or parkas ? any other alternatives you guys suggest ?
I'm in NY. Layering is really important. Gloves, a scarf & a hat on brutally cold days plus you can change up looks with them.

In terms of down bombers or parkas, it depends what you're going for. I have a North Face down jacket that's super warm but otherwise it's mostly, pea coats (insulated), duffle coats & wool car coats/overcoats for dressier wear. I have way too many coats & jackets, I snowboard too so I have shells, etc which I can wear if I'm just running errands..

Last edited:

What's sizing like on Common Projects? Just the basic, low top sneakers.

size one down.

for example if u wear a 9 in nikes cop an 8/41 in CP

Thanks, I'm an 11.5 in Nikes so I'm in between. Kinda figured that without half sizes.

just go size down, unless u got wide feet

Repped! But you're killing my wallet :rofl: Black Friday & Christmas is taking a toll on my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom