Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Did anyone snag a pair of custom New Balance with the 15% off yesterday? I went on and made another pair. Also did a quick google search before checkout and found an additional 10% off coupon.

Monday
21813_10151555761262627_319227142_n.jpg

Sunday at church
18183_10151554233537627_1101179818_n.jpg

That coat looks great... :smokin

That cardigan is boss. I have a grey one very similar.

Great look.

To my elf, I am sending your gifts off next Friday... :smokin

I'm looking forward to everybody reactions to their gifts...

any of you guys incorporate your shoes *nikes and/or jordans or whatever* into "dressing better"? i'm tired of wearing t-shirts. i'm trying to look classy but i'm not really into dressy shoes, i want the "classy yet have a street inspired look", if that makes sense:nerd:  of course if i need dressy shoes for the occasion i'll wear them

EDIT: the only thing that comes to mind that would look good with nikes or whatever are cardigans and flannels,  any other suggestions?
thanks...
Quite a few members here have posted pictures of dress/sport shirts and chinos with certain retros that are workable, ie AJ III.

any of you guys incorporate your shoes *nikes and/or jordans or whatever* into "dressing better"? i'm tired of wearing t-shirts. i'm trying to look classy but i'm not really into dressy shoes, i want the "classy yet have a street inspired look", if that makes sense:nerd:  of course if i need dressy shoes for the occasion i'll wear them

EDIT: the only thing that comes to mind that would look good with nikes or whatever are cardigans and flannels,  any other suggestions?
thanks...

I want to get the Grape V's next year but not sure if I can incorporate the 5's as "Dressing Better"
I'm assuming both you guys are young but yes you can wear sneakers and "dress better" You don't have to wear super slim, european labels, with shoes all the time to do that. As long as it looks good and the fit is right you'll be good. I like clothes but don't search different places for the looks but I'm pretty sure people in here that do so can direct yall to places where you can see people wearing sneaks with more than t-shirts/jeans.

For those who wear a pocket square... I usually tuck mine in to just show a slit of white.

Does anyone do the scrunch or or triangle pattern?

What's the method for the scrunch? Triangle? Other types of placements?

For those who wear a pocket square... I usually tuck mine in to just show a slit of white.
Does anyone do the scrunch or or triangle pattern?
What's the method for the scrunch? Triangle? Other types of placements?
I just fold mine a couple times and stuff it in, usually looks ok to me, not sure if this is proper or not.  You can look up guides or videos that show all kinds of folds.  I usually cannot get mine to work like the guides though.

Must resist the temptation.
Woke up. Ate cereal. Shoes ordered. I still don't know what happened.

RE: pocket squares...it depends on the material. If it's a drapey material like silk, I let it scrunch. The only thing I ensure is that the edges aren't shown, same rule for the more rigid fabrics that are folded into squares.

Barneys sale is up (on both the website and store).

More opportunities for WJ4 to spend his $$$$$. :evil:

I just fold mine a couple times and stuff it in, usually looks ok to me, not sure if this is proper or not.  You can look up guides or videos that show all kinds of folds.  I usually cannot get mine to work like the guides though.

I lost the link to a great site showing all the folds, but google came up with this - http://www.samhober.com/howtofoldpocketsquares/pocketsquarefolds.htm

I'm partial to a TV fold, but thats probably because the square is usually the last thing added and I'm already out the door.

Nice! I always wanted to try those on. Do you have any of the wingtips¿ Is the fit the same¿

Don't have the wingtips so i cannot compare the sizes. But i believe these are thinner, if that helps. I went .5 size down.

If I recall correctly, Travis stated that those were a vintage pair of Clark's he found.

Julius F. Wrek
I remember seeing those would be re-released at some point. About to go into intensive search mode

ALSO here is my Camo challenge fit, wore it out this past Friday. (Excuse the dirty mirror :\ )

Last edited:
Woke up. Ate cereal. Shoes ordered. I still don't know what happened.
RE: pocket squares...it depends on the material. If it's a drapey material like silk, I let it scrunch. The only thing I ensure is that the edges aren't shown, same rule for the more rigid fabrics that are folded into squares.

lol...i added my size to the cart...not happening my wife would kill me.

Back
Top Bottom