Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Never noticed how baggy Bruce's suits were in the movie.

Last edited:
does anyone have the earthkeeper hookset original canard boots? for $68, they're looking like they might be my next purchase. I just can't find any reviews on them.

does anyone have the earthkeeper hookset original canard boots? for $68, they're looking like they might be my next purchase. I just can't find any reviews on them.
I'm sure you'll be happy with them. I never had the Earthkeeper boots, but I did buy a pair of Timberland boots on steep discount from Macy's years ago. They were so comfy that I went back for another pair in a different color.

Never noticed how baggy Bruce's suits were in the movie.

:lol:

I rewatched Batman Begins recently and was really disappointed by how terrible the suits were. Lots of three button black/thick pinstripped, baggy suits.

Last edited:
so if im an 8/8.5/41 do i get a sz 7 in the ll bean boots. lookin to cop da thinsulate joints

I usually wear a 12 and I got my bean boots in a 10. If you have an LL Bean outlet by you, definitely check there first. I got mine for about $60 (10" Maine Hunting Shoe, retail $120).

damb thats awesome.

i'm not gonna purchase these, but am requesting them for christmas.

thanks for the help!

whats the diff btw hunting boots and the been boots?

^it's very possible that you guys are in a more "professional" atmosphere than me, but none of the officers/executives at my job wear fitted / closely tailored suits. Bruce Wayne is chair of a corporation (I think), it makes sense that he has a more conservative style

EDIT: just ordered walnut stands for $195 from amazon. don't think this deal car be beat by much, if at all

Last edited:
damb thats awesome.
i'm not gonna purchase these, but am requesting them for christmas.
thanks for the help!
whats the diff btw hunting boots and the been boots?

Honestly I'm not sure. The leather might be a little softer and the tag on the heel says "Maine Hunting Shoe" instead of "Bean Boots". Of my friends who have Bean Boots, it seems like the leather is very stiff and stands up straight whereas on these, the leather has a bit more give (the leather that runs up the sides of the boot).

^it's very possible that you guys are in a more "professional" atmosphere than me, but none of the officers/executives at my job wear fitted / closely tailored suits. Bruce Wayne is chair of a corporation (I think), it makes sense that he has a more conservative style
EDIT: just ordered walnut stands for $195 from amazon. don't think this deal car be beat by much, if at all
A lot of the upper management are also older, which means they are not in top shape like Bruce is/was so that's why they wear conservative cut suits. Check out the MC section for real life reference. You see bespoke suits that are cut generously because the gents are not in that great of a shape due to them being older. The key is to go for a suit that flatters your physique, not tight or loose. Niidawg does this well for a thicker male as well.

Ironically enough, I just bought my first J's in years (the retro IVs last Friday).
A lot of people associate LL Beans with old men. I peeped their newest catalog and surprisingly there's a lot of stuff I'd wear, though I'm not sure how the articles actually fit.

lol i bought them also.. smh.. i think after the jordan black blue ones ill be ok.. at least with these type of jordans ill be able to dress them up a little. smh

lol i bought them also.. smh.. i think after the jordan black blue ones ill be ok.. at least with these type of jordans ill be able to dress them up a little. smh
I may return them though. I woke up at 6AM, logged onto several sites, and ordered a pair via Finishline.com. They're supposed to be delivered this week. Now I kinda want the Concord 11s :lol:

what's wrong with a relaxed fit suit?
That's not a relaxed fit suit. That's wearing a suit in a wrong size. The shoulders are too big, the back appears too full (though I can't confirm for sure since the jacket is unbuttoned), sleeves too wide, and probably too long as well.

That's not a relaxed fit suit. That's wearing a suit in a wrong size. The shoulders are too big, the back appears too full (though I can't confirm for sure since the jacket is unbuttoned), sleeves too wide, and probably too long as well.

I always saw the the bad fitting suit as a contrast thing. Not too many superhero's look great outside of the super fit. Tony Stark being an exception.

I have always seen Bruce wearing big suits.

I see him as if hes wearing his fathers suits. He never seems to really grow up in my eys. Atleast not until he assumes the BAT.

Last edited:
I want to get the Grape V's next year but not sure if I can incorporate the 5's as "Dressing Better"

Ironically enough, I just bought my first J's in years (the retro IVs last Friday).
A lot of people associate LL Beans with old men. I peeped their newest catalog and surprisingly there's a lot of stuff I'd wear, though I'm not sure how the articles actually fit.

i love ll bean they make great outerwear, and i love my outerwear. lots of people got it twisted, but old people brands (lands end, eddie bauer, and ll bean) kill it

what's wrong with a relaxed fit suit?
it is a relaxed fit suit though. it's batman. even though it's set in modern times, you'll notice they never date anything. it's supposed to incorporate classic and modern. might want to take a look at 1940s fashion where large suits were both a product of practicality and the great depression. regardless, bale can still pull it off while most of you guys can still rock the creme of the crop and still not look right solely because your mugs aren't considered classically handsome.

it is a relaxed fit suit though. it's batman. even though it's set in modern times, you'll notice they never date anything. it's supposed to incorporate classic and modern. might want to take a look at 1940s fashion where large suits were both a product of practicality and the great depression. regardless, bale can still pull it off while most of you guys can still rock the creme of the crop and still not look right solely because your mugs aren't considered classically handsome.
Agreed, except for that malicious last statement. Haha. 

Agreed, except for that malicious last statement. Haha. 
that's not an attack on anyone. I'm no johnny depp either, but there's a reason why models are MODELS. I wear a potato sack and stand next to tyson beckford in the same thing, dude will still pull it off.

that's not an attack on anyone. I'm no johnny depp either, but there's a reason why models are MODELS. I wear a potato sack and stand next to tyson beckford in the same thing, dude will still pull it off.
I wish i could pull off a potato sack like he does :frown: :frown: :frown:

any of you guys incorporate your shoes *nikes and/or jordans or whatever* into "dressing better"? i'm tired of wearing t-shirts. i'm trying to look classy but i'm not really into dressy shoes, i want the "classy yet have a street inspired look", if that makes sense
nerd.gif
 of course if i need dressy shoes for the occasion i'll wear them

EDIT: the only thing that comes to mind that would look good with nikes or whatever are cardigans and flannels,  any other suggestions?

thanks...

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can find a wooden drawer divider?
It has receptacles, where I might store some ties and watches and other accessories.
Just trying to get my ties and watches better organized, I think I've seen a few posted here now and then

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom