Dressing Better Vol 2.0

are ll bean duck boots worth anything for da winter weather??

I believe it is made to endure far worse than just a few inches of rain/snow. I believe it made for practically trekking through muddy trails and dusty mountains.
f52jph.jpg

thanks bro

hmmmm i think i know what to ask for christmas.

my closest family, including myself, has been so indecisive about their christmas wishlist.

i'm mad u picked a super dope pic.

what is a good height for the boot if i wanna tuck my jawn in w/o lookin like a damb redcoat?

Sup DB bros, check out Clad Cavalier if your looking for some good deals.

Free shipping for orders $75 or more. 

I just got a pair of N&F denim for $95 shipped.

I agree with wear and tear giving the shoe it's own personality but wearing suede in the rain is a big NO-NO to me and the risk of hurting myself is not worth it. The same reason I do not wear leather soled shoes in the rain, it is just suicide. If the leather and sole is made for the weather, then it's game on.

I don't mind wearing suede in "bad" weather, the main thing for me is the bottoms. RFX is absolutely regarding the sole. Living in NY and wearing dress shoes 5 times a week, the primary thing with snow is safety and comfort. Having the luxury of my own classroom I keep an extra pair of shoes there. I usually resort to my Cole Haan boots that I got last year from Mr. Porter for about $50. The most stylish? No, but they're warm, keep my feet dry and have rubber soles.

I believe it is made to endure far worse than just a few inches of rain/snow. I believe it made for practically trekking through muddy trails and dusty mountains.
f52jph.jpg

every season I plan on buying a pair, but never do.
I swear they look better in photos than irl

I don't care what people say but that shearling jacket for $50 is pretty good and it fits you well. For that price, it should suit you well as you try and lose more weight before spending more money on more expensive clothes, it should hold you over until then. Good way to change up your style as long you don't become content and stop trying to reach your physical goal.

And when it becomes a bit loose due to the weight loss, just use it with layering when it is extremely cold (unless you're in a warmer climate state) and maybe even get it tailored once it is just way too loose on you.

Definitely keep trying and integrate that jacket to your fits, it looks pretty nice.

^^ LL bean boots are awesome, I live in the city so it's hard to really test them but countless times I've walked through these puddles in the poorly-built streets and haven't hesitated, watch out for sizing, make sure it's large enough for thick socks but you will need to size down, I'm a 10.5 US and went with the size 9s and still have room for thick socks.

I went with the 8" w/o thinsulate and I think it's great because if it gets too cold, thicker socks, but you can also wear it throughout the year and the construction is great. I think the 6" pair would've been too short (they were in back order when I ordered so I gave in to the 8" pair and it was a good thing)

I don't care what people say but that shearling jacket for $50 is pretty good and it fits you well. For that price, it should suit you well as you try and lose more weight before spending more money on more expensive clothes, it should hold you over until then. Good way to change up your style as long you don't become content and stop trying to reach your physical goal.
And when it becomes a bit loose due to the weight loss, just use it with layering when it is extremely cold (unless you're in a warmer climate state) and maybe even get it tailored once it is just way too loose on you.
Definitely keep trying and integrate that jacket to your fits, it looks pretty nice.

thanks man, and yea I`m currently on a cut, I think i`m gonna go a full year (started in July) I've lost about 30-40lbs so far luckily I`m 6'3 and have alot of muscle mass because I`m currently 284, but in clothes jackets and sweaters I wear XL, so when I reach my goal size I`m prob going to be wearing a L, I`m excited though because I`m pretty much gonna have to buy an entirely new wardrobe. Its crazy the suits I bought in Jan that fitted me great are OD huge on me now.

Keep going, Lucky. The active lifestyle is the best.

Apologies for not being active in the last 2 days or so. Work is kicking my butt.

Today:

LuckyLuchiano good fits fam

@knight i went with the 10in jawns

Last edited:
What are your guys' opinions on peak vs notch lapel?

All personal preference really. I prefer peak lapels mainly for formal suits/tuxes and double breasted suits while I prefer notch lapels for almost everything else, which also includes formal events as well. While we are on the subject of lapels, I'll also add shawl collar as a mainly formal/tux suits for me.

Hold up that jacket was 50 bucks? Where at? :nerd:

i got mine last week, and i must say i really like it.
wasnt expecting much for a $50 jacket but it actually looks good, and its great for people on a budget.

and CJ003 it was on 6pm.com, i dont think they have it anymore

Last edited:
gotta go to my niece/goddaughter's baptism on sunday...

i'm trying to be clean in dat thang... got about $100 to blow...

dont know how to approach it doe... i have some dark grey slacks and black shoes... what about uptop?

timberland.com sale right now. not sure if it's a glitch or not. but 25% off and an additional 40% with code: DECBFF12A

2 years looking at ll beans and never purchased.. so busy stuck on buying jordans... trying to get out of that phase..
Ironically enough, I just bought my first J's in years (the retro IVs last Friday).

A lot of people associate LL Beans with old men. I peeped their newest catalog and surprisingly there's a lot of stuff I'd wear, though I'm not sure how the articles actually fit.

so if im an 8/8.5/41 do i get a sz 7 in the ll bean boots. lookin to cop da thinsulate joints

I usually wear a 12 and I got my bean boots in a 10. If you have an LL Bean outlet by you, definitely check there first. I got mine for about $60 (10" Maine Hunting Shoe, retail $120).

Back
Top Bottom