Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Man how big are you guys? (no frank ocean) Custom fit are always too short and give me Wavy Back Syndrome.
Im 6foot about 175lbs and a Ralph Lauren Original Fit Medium fits me perfectly. Good length fits great in the chest and arms and slimmer to my body then custom fit.
Lacoste is probably the worst fitting brand of clothes ive ever worn. Everything is way too short and fat. Everything they make is cut for a dude who is 5 foot 6 like 180 lbs i swear.

I am 5'11, 173 but I have an upper body form.

I told myself this morning when I walked out the house with this shirt...From here on out, I am purchasing Slim fitted, Tailored fitted, and custom fitted shirts :smh:

Zara has these ultra slim fitted shirt...I tried it on, the cut is actually good but unsure about the quality. $69 for them...IONO

Last edited:
I don't even fool with RL polos anymore regular or custom the fit is terrible. I'm 6'2 160 and if I get a medium it's too small, if I get a large
it's too big. #FrailLife :lol:

Opinions? Trying out the Vans.
If you want to wear a tie with sneakers, go with a casual tie, ie knits. Also, the tip of the tie should just graze the top of your belt buckle unless you're going for an avant garde approach.

Man how big are you guys? (no frank ocean) Custom fit are always too short and give me Wavy Back Syndrome.
Im 6foot about 175lbs and a Ralph Lauren Original Fit Medium fits me perfectly. Good length fits great in the chest and arms and slimmer to my body then custom fit.
Lacoste is probably the worst fitting brand of clothes ive ever worn. Everything is way too short and fat. Everything they make is cut for a dude who is 5 foot 6 like 180 lbs i swear.

I don't really know why they fit me so different,the website lists the custom fit as only being 1.5 inches shorter,1.5 inches slimmer through the body and the sleeves being higher and 1.5 inches shorter but they fit me completely different...I have came to the conclusion that I am just oddly shaped....

Anyone know of a good tailor in ATL???

There's an independent tailor located in Burlington Coat Factory at Greenbeir mall. He's Nigerian.

The best I've been to so far, kind of pricey but he will have you right. He only works there 2-3 days a week.

Opinions? Trying out the Vans.
Know your shirts, EVERY MAN should know his shirts from the looks of that shirt it's a "standard shirt"...in 2012 that's no bueno, try a "slim cut" or "fitted".
They make you look like you're in shape, even if you aren't. The shirt you're wearing is "ballooning", also the tie looks dated. 

As someone stated before, if you're going with Vans you might want to consider a "skinny tie" they're more casual than a traditional tie.

If those are expensive pants, you should get them taken in a little, they look very frumpy in the crotch area you got that whole "ex-con first job interview swag going on".

C- for effort, if you're determined to make that outfit work try rolling up the sleeves, and invest in some STARCH and COLLAR STAYS. The CRISPINESS of a collar is the MOST important feature on a shirt, the collar properly proportions your head and shoulders and make you look either distinguished or like a bum faking the funk.

Its just too damn hot to dress better in norcal right now, been rocking nothing but hoop shorts LOL

Ill get back on my steez once this heat dies down 

Nike Wardour Lows look like a good pair summer sneakers.
1ebbk5.jpg

346x3di.png

There's an independent tailor located in Burlington Coat Factory at Greenbeir mall. He's Nigerian.
The best I've been to so far, kind of pricey but he will have you right. He only works there 2-3 days a week.

:lol: that's the last place i would think you'd find a good tailor.

I also know a guy who is a friend of mines dad who's a tailor ar Bloomingdale's in Lenox. He's good as well

Speaking of Target, they have Hanes white crew neck and v-neck t-shirts for $11 for a pack of 7 (5+2 free). Good deal IMO.

C- for effort, if you're determined to make that outfit work try rolling up the sleeves, and invest in some STARCH and COLLAR STAYS. The CRISPINESS of a collar is the MOST important feature on a shirt, the collar properly proportions your head and shoulders and make you look either distinguished or like a bum faking the funk.

Appreciate the advice.

I just threw that outfit on at like midnight out of curiosity of how the Vans would look with those chinos. I wouldn't go outside looking that sloppy and wrinkled.:lol:

So I went to soho today
Tan boat shoes are on deck already.
I was planning on buying 511 skinny trousers (http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12302215&kwCatId=&kw=trousers&origkw=TROUSERS&sr=1 but I tried them on they were not letting me breath! Instead bought slim trousers 513 which fit fine.
Was trying to buy my oxford shirt at Uniqlo but it was closed today due to inventory check smh...
Anybody know where I can cop a white crew or v-neck that wont go past my waist? If you look at the link thats a perfect example of what I mean. I have white v-necks but it looks a bit weird with the trousers.
The out fit im trying to pull of is those pants with this shirt (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=072006) and probably have the shirt unbuttoned with the white t under. Let me know your thoughts much appreciated.
Did you check Urban Outfitters?

These new Jack Purcells are no where near as comfortable as the last pair I bought. The leather just feels so cheap, and the insoles are paper thin.

I guess I have a good excuse to grab some CPs or Lanvins now

So I went to soho today
Tan boat shoes are on deck already.
I was planning on buying 511 skinny trousers (http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12302215&kwCatId=&kw=trousers&origkw=TROUSERS&sr=1 but I tried them on they were not letting me breath! Instead bought slim trousers 513 which fit fine.
Was trying to buy my oxford shirt at Uniqlo but it was closed today due to inventory check smh...
Anybody know where I can cop a white crew or v-neck that wont go past my waist? If you look at the link thats a perfect example of what I mean. I have white v-necks but it looks a bit weird with the trousers.
The out fit im trying to pull of is those pants with this shirt (http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=072006) and probably have the shirt unbuttoned with the white t under. Let me know your thoughts much appreciated.

Uniqlo sells tees you can rock under the oxford. & why did'nt you check there other locations? 34th, 5th ave

I had to get home wasn't expecting it to be close...thanks guys! Btw think the fit will be fine? Not doing anything crazy just something new for a party...dress code is "dress to impress" lol
the fit is fine but a little mediocre. it sounds like you are just finding your style now, so it's understandable. the items you are interested in can definitely start to ameliorate your wardrobe, but with the whole "dress to impress" theme, i expect that you won't be standing out from most others. |I
just my 2 cents

the fit is fine but a little mediocre. it sounds like you are just finding your style now, so it's understandable. the items you are interested in can definitely start to ameliorate your wardrobe, but with the whole "dress to impress" theme, i expect that you won't be standing out from most others. |I
just my 2 cents
I concur. The pieces individually are good, but the outfit together is kinda simple. If I am not mistaken you said you would be wearing your shirt unbuttoned with a white v neck underneath ? I wouldn't bother with that as it seems kinda casual being that the event is dress to impress,but to each his own.

Appreciate the criticism seriously... good or bad... helps me improve and get ideas. And yes it will be unbuttoned with a white v neck most likely... I'll post the fit tomorrow
If you dont mind me asking...is this event taking place in NYC ?

Last edited:
probably if the crowd was filled with people who have a dope wardrobe like you I'm assuming lol... Gonna be a lot of 18-20 year olds that I went to high school with... highly doubt they'll come with a "dressing better" attitude and stick to their jays polo and jeans smh
BTW This is my first step at trying to dress better at least for how I want it... I still will collect sneakers... and wear them here and there but def looking to improve my wardrobe as time goes by... really thankful for this thread too lol
being that this is NT, we all are routed from the sneaker culture. that being said, anyone in this thread (and the old one) knows that i am an avid poster of both pictures and advice. honestly, this is the only thread i ever check on anymore is this one. it definitely has helped improve my wardrobe ten fold. that being said, i am only 20 years old.
don't sell yourself short fam.
outgrow the rest of the sheep rl-polo-matching-jays-dudes. hopefully the input in this thread can help guide you along your way. :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom