Dressing Better Vol 2.0

wj4 what do you do for a living? :nerd:
I'll just say my line of work correlates to what I majored in for my undergrad and grad programs. I have a bit more disposable income because I am not married, do not have kids, and I spend money differently, ie $200 on a pair of pants instead of on alcohol on a typical Saturday night out.

wj4 what do you do for a living? :nerd:
I'll just say my line of work correlates to what I majored in for my undergrad and grad programs. I have a bit more disposable income because I am not married, do not have kids, and I spend money differently, ie $200 on a pair of pants instead of on alcohol on a typical Saturday night out.

You and me both brother (on the last part).

Also, the discount of 30% off on J. Crew no longer works on Alden. Hopefully the ones that wanted in got in because Aldens never go on sale. And when they do, it's usually the unsought after models. This is why I stopped buying Aldens as a whole, the prices keep getting raised 8-10% on a nearly annual basis that they're approaching other brands of higher quality.

At least I'm not the only one :lol:
I just found out Finishline did some Cyber Monday stuff where they released the Concord 11s again. If I was able to get a pair, I think I would've bought :lol:
My IVs are suppose to come in tomorrow, hopefully they fit!
Thankfully I'm done with my Xmas shopping sans mom. Just need to get some greeting cards for my peeps :lol:

I saw that & was trying to scoop another Size 10 for myself. I'm trying to slowly get out of Jordan's or well start slimming down my collection at least but it doesn't help that my grail is coming out next year along with the other pair of I's. Up until this year, I owned nothing but Jordan's except for my Clark's & Free run's. These purcell's & red wings will be worn as soon as they come in (granted the red wings fit) :smokin What size did you get in your 4's? I tried one of my pairs on and they fit more snug than the White Cements but nothing I feel like I would have had to go down half a size to a 9.5 for. I think I might just take my mom & pops out for a nice dinner and buy my mom a bag since her birthday is this month. I already got my brother a gift. It's so hard to buy him anything when he can afford anything and everything. :rofl: Now I have secret santa to worry about & gifts for a few other close friends. :tongue:

Last edited:
I saw that & was trying to scoop another Size 10 for myself. I'm trying to slowly get out of Jordan's. Up until this year, I owned nothing but Jordan's except for my Clark's & Free run's. These purcell's & red wings will be worn as soon as they come in (granted the red wings fit) :smokin What size did you get in your 4's? I tried one of my pairs on and they fit more snug than the White Cements but nothing I feel like I would have had to go down half a size to a 9.5 for. I think I might just take my mom & pops out for a nice dinner and buy my mom a bag since her birthday is this month. I already got my brother a gift. It's so hard to buy him anything when he can afford anything and everything. :rofl: Now I have secret santa to worry about & gifts for a few other close friends. :tongue:
It was an impromptu purchase, man. I woke up on Friday at 6AM. I actually logged onto Gilt to see their sales. I remember about the IV and went on Eastbay.com and Finishline.com. I take a 8.5 in them since I plan on wearing them with dress/casual socks. I would be a 9 if I plan on wearing them with regular athletic socks. I bought them in a size 8.5. Honestly, if they don't fit, I'll just return them to the local Finishline. I'm sure the guys will have a "is he crazy?" look on the face. I'm too old for this stuff, like refreshing the page and hoping my size would pop up :lol: PS why would you want to size down .5 if they fit you snug?

These were the last Jordans I bought. I never wore them. I ended up giving them away to my mom's friend's son. His face lit up like Xmas lights. It reminded me of when I was in the 4th grade and when the original AJ 11s came out. I wanted them so bad, but mom didn't have the money to buy. My face would've lit up like this kid's if someone gave me a pair.

I usually take my mom out to shop and eat on a regular basis. For Xmas, I typically let her pick out a nice purse or something of that nature. I've been buying gifts throughout the year so I was done shopping for Xmas stuff back around in late October.

Last edited:
It was an impromptu purchase, man. I woke up on Friday at 6AM. I actually logged onto Gilt to see their sales. I remember about the IV and went on Eastbay.com and Finishline.com. I take a 8.5 in them since I plan on wearing them with dress/casual socks. I would be a 9 if I plan on wearing them with regular athletic socks. I bought them in a size 8.5. Honestly, if they don't fit, I'll just return them to the local Finishline. I'm sure the guys will have a "is he crazy?" look on the face. I'm too old for this stuff, like refreshing the page and hoping my size would pop up :lol: PS why would you want to size down .5 if they fit you snug?
These were the last Jordans I bought. I never wore them. I ended up giving them away to my mom's friend's son. His face lit up like Xmas lights. It reminded me of when I was in the 4th grade and when the original AJ 11s came out. I wanted them so bad, but mom didn't have the money to buy. My face would've lit up like this kid's if someone gave me a pair.

I usually take my mom out to shop and eat on a regular basis. For Xmas, I typically let her pick out a nice purse or something of that nature. I've been buying gifts throughout the year so I was done shopping for Xmas stuff back around in late October.

Yeah, I haven't really purchased many Jordan's this year except for the White Cements, AJKO's (which I sold to a friend), and now the Breds. They're more narrow than the White Cements in some sense (I could have gone down to a 9.5 since they do run a little big but I like to have some wiggle room) They should fit if you wear your dress/casual socks. I remember wearing my Concords with J. Crew socks and I was like man there is way too much room.

I'm still an undergrad so I don't have all that much dispoable income to take her out to eat on a regular basis. I remember when I worked and wanted to buy her a bag. She hit me with the 'I make more $ than you.' I'm going to somehow try to sneak a bag in this time around, moms deserves it. I never know what to get my pops but my brother & I bought him an iPad for his birthday. I should have done the same (buy gifts throughout the year).

Damn, that's nice of you bro. I remember getting my ex-best friend the CDP 11's & Space Jam 11's for her birthday/christmas gifts. This was pretty much her face --> :D

Last edited:
Reactions: wj4
Anybody go the "thrift store" route on eBay?  I just tried my hand at it, picked up three pre-owned items, all solid color, long sleeve RL Polos (the ones that retail for around $90).  Including shipping it came out to just under $40 for all three.  All came from a smoke-free home, all three look good in the pics.  Hopefully this works out well, if it does I'll be going on one hell of a shopping spree.

Anybody go the "thrift store" route on eBay?  I just tried my hand at it, picked up three pre-owned items, all solid color, long sleeve RL Polos (the ones that retail for around $90).  Including shipping it came out to just under $40 for all three.  All came from a smoke-free home, all three look good in the pics.  Hopefully this works out well, if it does I'll be going on one hell of a shopping spree.

If you want to go that route, you should also look on StyleForum's sale section. A lot of great deals can be had on there if you have the time to browse routinely.

You need to have an idea of how you want the stuff to fit when you buy from the like of eBay and ask for a lot of measurements, ie pit to pit, shoulder to shoulder, length, arm sleeve, etc. It's a PITA to return them.

*Hov* can you brush that off for me? *Hov* :lol:

I'm guessing this was a shoot for one of the Ocean's movies, thinking it's the last one since the suits aren't as baggy as the ones I saw in Ocean's 11.

Last edited:
40% off J. Crew factory until December 5th.

Use code: XOFACTORY 

Last edited:
+1. I probably spent $1,500 that I didn't need to this month :frown:
I'm going on a strike. I'm not buying anything until 2014.

My sis's wedding is in 2014... SMH already thinking about the formal wear... :smh:

I just found out Finishline did some Cyber Monday stuff where they released the Concord 11s again.
Thankfully I'm done with my Xmas shopping sans mom. Just need to get some greeting cards for my peeps :lol:

Co-sign. There are very few J's that I still go after..

Also, the discount of 30% off on J. Crew no longer works on Alden. Hopefully the ones that wanted in got in because Aldens never go on sale. And when they do, it's usually the unsought after models. This is why I stopped buying Aldens as a whole, the prices keep getting raised 8-10% on a nearly annual basis that they're approaching other brands of higher quality.

Noooooooooooooooooo. Contemplated last night and woke up convinced. Another day... :smh:

$150 after discount

Free Shipping $50 minimum + 40% off one item:

Savings reflected at checkout when you enter
Promotion Code: JINGLE
PIN: 1203

Because someone had mentioned them... the AJKOs are CLEAN. I bought a pair of the BREDS, and those things go with almost any outfit... like literally anything.

That Canvas x Leather is just perfect, shoe is a great look

Last edited:
Need help with N&F sizing.

I'm a 32 in APC New Standards, but i wanna cop some N&F with this Karmaloop sale

Would i need the skinny or slim guy fit? or the weird? LOL. How's stretching on these jeans?

Back
Top Bottom