Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm going to an engagement party in Toronto in a week or so, and was wondering if these shoes would be appropriate for the formal setting.

They're patent leather Sperry TS a/o's.

They really made patent leather sperrys :smh:

I'm going to an engagement party in Toronto in a week or so, and was wondering if these shoes would be appropriate for the formal setting.

not only are these not formal, they're also pretty damn ugly

This is a long shot and a half... but does anyone know where you can get Lunargrand Chukkas under retail? any sales anywhere?

Last edited:

these are about as tacky and bad as you can get...screams 0% style sense

Question :nerd:

anyone know whats going on with this Neimen Marcus X Target Collabo :nerd:

For those of you who want a pair of Jack Purcell's, hit up J. Crew. $60 originaly but with their promotion going on, it's $45 a pair if you spend $150+ and $42 a pair if you spend $250+ I got a pair in Black and a pair in White coming in soon. :smokin

Gonna have to say no..If it's a formal wedding engagement I would stick to cap toes or at least an oxford type of shoe. Velvet slippers also come to mind. Boat shoes are typically reserved for warmer seasons, so unless you live somewhere tropical I would hold off on wearing those. I'm not exactly sure where patent leather sperrys fit on the shoe spectrum tbh..
I'm not sure how 'formal' really is. To the average person, formal is probably just black suit. But really, for a formal attire, you need to rock balmorals AKA oxfords and not even bluchers AKA derbies. I would go with captoes like mentioned or whole cut.

That's what I actually like about this thread. Dudes don't sugar-coat ****. If your clothes fit too big or something is not a good look, someone is real with you and says so.

Last edited:
That's what I actually like about this thread. Dudes don't sugar-coat ****. If your clothes fit too big or something is not a good look, someone is real with you and says so.
While the truth gets spoken, it's not done in a poor or childish manner (for the most part). I assume this is in regards to the black patent boat shoes. I slide in jokes at times, but it's not directed at anyone really. Every now and then, the thread gets deviated by questionable individuals, but for the most part it is in a good shape.

Last edited:
+1. I probably spent $1,500 that I didn't need to this month :frown:
I'm going on a strike. I'm not buying anything until 2014.

I spent around $850 this month :x 2 pairs of the Bred 4's, 3 button-ups + 2 Purcell's from J. Crew, a Varsity jacket from my internship, and those Red Wing Wabasha chukka boots. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on something from Cole Haan now as well. :smh: I told myself I'm not buying anything till the Bred 11's besides food :lol: I hope this lasts since I need to buy Christmas gifts too. :nerd:

Reactions: wj4
Storm brewing out here in the Bay, so I've been on my duck boot game all week. Rocked Gourmet's twist, the Quadici, today.

A bunch of my North Face's have been in heavy rotation this week too.

Reactions: wj4
I spent around $850 this month :x 2 pairs of the Bred 4's, 3 button-ups + 2 Purcell's from J. Crew, a Varsity jacket from my internship, and those Red Wing Wabasha chukka boots. I'm tempted to pull the trigger on something from Cole Haan now as well. :smh: I told myself I'm not buying anything till the Bred 11's besides food :lol: I hope this lasts since I need to buy Christmas gifts too. :nerd:
At least I'm not the only one :lol:

I just found out Finishline did some Cyber Monday stuff where they released the Concord 11s again. If I was able to get a pair, I think I would've bought :lol:

My IVs are suppose to come in tomorrow, hopefully they fit!

Thankfully I'm done with my Xmas shopping sans mom. Just need to get some greeting cards for my peeps :lol:

Storm brewing out here in the Bay, so I've been on my duck boot game all week. Rocked Gourmet's twist, the Quadici, today.

A bunch of my North Face's have been in heavy rotation this week too.
I dig the braces, man.

Back
Top Bottom