Dressing Better Vol 2.0

No irony, I still never claimed to be an expert. I simply know a bit more than you in regard to creating lines, yet I still do not make the claim of being an overall expert. 

Now you backpedal, but it's cool.

Damn y'all still at I see... Funny thing y'all are both right... Depending on the particular build of a person and the shoes the person is wearing, both tapered and straight/ wider lower leg opening pants can have an enhancing effect... I myself own both types of pants and jeans that I tend to wear with the different types of shoes I have... The main idea is achieving a flattering look in regards to the shoe and pant relationship (which can be a fine line).. Do what works best for u... There are no set rules for every person...

So are we sharing pics of our DB SS gifts?

I would share mine but I haven't received one yet.......

:frown:

exact same look I was goign for just minus the bow tie.
For pants I'm thinking either wool or flannel trousers. Even a dark denim may work.

Wool or flannel in solid black? Also, what kind of shoes? Maybe some black captoes/oxfords?

Pin balling ideas in my head. I might just have to throw an outfit together in the dressing room when I am shopping for that blazer.

Like I said both of u guys are right ... Just a matter of execution and personal preference..so there is no point in arguing or trying to prove ur point anymore.. But here is an example if straight leg denim and pants (not flared) worn with near perfect execution

exact same look I was goign for just minus the bow tie.
For pants I'm thinking either wool or flannel trousers. Even a dark denim may work.

Wool or flannel in solid black? Also, what kind of shoes? Maybe some black captoes/oxfords?

Pin balling ideas in my head. I might just have to throw an outfit together in the dressing room when I am shopping for that blazer.

Did you say it was a black velvet blazer? I would suggest black trousers and black captoes. I also think it would look good with tuxedo trousers but that may be a bit too formal for your event.

^black on black will look horrible. gray will work, or some nice dark denim. I posted a pic a while ago rocking a black velvet blazer and some denim

^black on black will look horrible. gray will work, or some nice dark denim. I posted a pic a while ago rocking a black velvet blazer and some denim

Ah man. Ok. I will try to find that picture but the event I am attending is more formal so I will not be able to wear denim. Thanks for the advice.

Well done Bama.
Btw LyonBC....scarf is on heavy rotation bro.

Nice! I just got a fuel band too. Is it just me or does Nike fuel seem to be a bit gimmicky? Either way, I've been enjoying working it into my wrist accessory rotation.

Tips on finding slim dress pants? I originally got Express Photographer pants, but those ended up not being what I wanted.

Would I be better off getting them tailored to the really slim fit I'm looking for, or should I just buy different pants all together?

Carlin, super clean
pimp.gif
especially with the cords.
btw, picked up a new pair of AEs from the nordstrom sale:

needed a dark brown in the mix. though i love it, i got too much walnut going on
laugh.gif
Well done Bama.

Tips on finding slim dress pants? I originally got Express Photographer pants, but those ended up not being what I wanted.
Would I be better off getting them tailored to the really slim fit I'm looking for, or should I just buy different pants all together?
I really like J Crew bowery pants in slim fit

I had something like this in mind (which I didn't feel was terrible):

Closest pic I could find of what I was thinking but perhaps you had the image of this being too formal. Regardless, grey would work as well. That's easily my favorite color pair of trousers.

Bama I really like that Xmas fit, especially how you mixed some different textures

and Steezy glad you're putting the pieces to good use :smokin

I think my SS gift came today but I was out of my house :smh: Gonna pick it up tomorrow morning at the post office though so I'll post pics up :nthat:

Find a brand that fits well in the waste thigh and crouch area and that isn't too wide in the leg area... And then have them tailored to ur exact specification in the the lower leg area ... Few recommendations... BB Milano, jcrew 484 or slim straight, club Monaco slim, Macy's bar iii, gap slim cut, and br slim cut

for anybody looking for a cheap pair of clarks, JCP is having a clearance sale and has a pair of bushacre lo's for 50. I got a pair and now I cant stop wearing them

here

Back
Top Bottom