Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Since the topic of pants / jeans have been argued for the past few pages, I think I need to get a pair of APC Rescues or another pair of straight fit jeans. The pockets in my Levi's and RRL's are so damn small that it's difficult to pull my phone out.

As you mentioned, Spoo's stuff is :wow: :wow: :pimp:. He gets A LOT of love on SF. But if those are 4.5", how wide are the lapels on Tom Ford suits and jackets? I've never taken the time to measure or look for measurements. I would have to say between 3.5-4", right? Would you ever wear a wider peak lapel Wis or do you not think it fits your figure?
Tom Ford's lapels are usually quite wide. That is his trademark. This is why a lot of the folks on the MC side were unhappy with the wardrobe job for Craig in the new 007 film. I would think 3.5-4" is about right since 3" is the normal range.

My peak lapel is at 3", while notch is at 2.5". I like the set up and fits my current physique. As I get older and venture into my late 30s, I will probably move up to 3" for a notch lapel. I would wear the jacket I posted in a heart beat as well, though I would not incorporate any neckwear since I don't have any ties that come close to being 4" in width to keep in ratio with the lapel's width :lol:

There's a new surge of peacocking in this aspect. Younger gents are going for an extremely wide lapel set up, as oppose to some preferring skinny lapel several years ago. Either way, neither style is really new. Skinny lapel has been around for decades, and obviously bigger lapel as well.

Anyone see the Band Collar Double Rider from TOJ? If I wasn't poor I'd grab this in a heartbeat
The BCDR has been around for a good minute. I like it, but it would bug me to wear that thing because there are no buckles to keep the collars from bouncing around unless you plan on zipping it all the way up.

Anyone see the Band Collar Double Rider from TOJ? If I wasn't poor I'd grab this in a heartbeat

I was just about to post this :lol: Absolutely amazing jacket

I think I'm done buying Polo button ups, they fit horrible on me compared to J. Crew. 

VS.

You tell me.
Both are extremes, but I understand that many are simply followers in regard to trends and style. There is always a constant, a happy medium,

[img]http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/2008_1222_4.jpg[/img]
Hold up....wait a minute....are you trying to say that Russell's jeans with those shoes looks good? Are you even saying those jeans look good in general? I'm just trying to clarify.
It looks good on Russell, and that is his personal style, it works for him, and he does not care as to what you think.
I guess those with alittle more sense of style knows that the jeans could be tapered alittle bit. /thread
Subjective, logical fallacy.

What are you going to do with all of those skinny pants and jeans, when the designers start rolling out clothes that actually fit, according to drape, next year?

Say that people who wear their clothes too tapered have no personal style?

Followers suck.

Last edited:
Lol, and that's exactly what they've been trying to tell you.
But you know , trollers gonna troll.
GTHOH

Nobody has tried to tell me a damned thing other than taper, taper, taper. The gent in the jeans and blazer   is perfectly in proportion.

As soon as someone disagrees with one of you, automatically someone is a troll. Soft.

Last edited:
WTH?

People wear flares due to the length and shape of their shoes, and then proportion of their bodies. A slight flare of the pants can drape over the shoe, then creating a longer line from the hip.

If you prefer pants with no break, then a slimmer cut,  the shoe should be a bit higher, as with a chukka,

[img]http://descedosalto.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/the-sartorialist3.jpg?w=500&h=751[/img]

Man, some of you just got out of saggin,' then think that you know everything about the proper fit, and then creating lines and proper balance with clothing, just because you recently bought a J Crew sweater.

laugh.gif

Last edited:
The BCDR has been around for a good minute. I like it, but it would bug me to wear that thing because there are no buckles to keep the collars from bouncing around unless you plan on zipping it all the way up.

I just saw them post it on tumblr and SF. I think it looks best like it is in the second pic

Random thought....I really want a velvet blazer to wear for NYE

Last edited:
I swear LONGSTROKE just comes on NT looking to argue with people

Let people do what they want, what are you some fashion forward Marc Jacobs

Everyone's style goes with some kind of trend of the moment...not that serious broski

LOL,

ITS REFRESHING.

ITS NOT LIKE HIS AD V NIKE ARGUMENTS.

HE'S A BIT CALMER IN THIS THREAD.

BOY OH BOY IMAGINE IF HE CAME IN HERE FIRING SHOTS AT J. CREW.

THAT STEEZY V LONGSTROKE SHOWDOWN

LONGSTROKE is the greatest person he's ever met.

I don't know what it is about you but in just about every topic you enter into on NT and feel the need to tell everyone how things really are in this aggressive, condescending matter. Even if you make valid points, you just come across as a bitter, angry *******. It can't just be advice or insight, if you don't throw some sort of insult in there, it's just not a complete post. What's the deal? I mean, you took offense to being called a kid so I imagine you'e a grown man...act like one?

I just saw them post it on tumblr and SF. I think it looks best like it is in the second pic
Random thought....I really want a velvet blazer to wear for NYE

Considering a velvet blazer as well. What goes with a velvet blazer though? I have a white dress shirt and black bow tie but I have no idea what kind of pants I would wear with that.

Everyone's style goes with some kind of trend of the moment...not that serious broski
Not that serious?

You are on here judging apparel, then telling people if they are, or are not dressed well, or dressing better.

Are YOU serious?
I don't know what it is about you but in just about every topic you enter into on NT and feel the need to tell everyone how things really are in this aggressive, condescending matter. Even if you make valid points, you just come across as a bitter, angry *******. It can't just be advice or insight, if you don't throw some sort of insult in there, it's just not a complete post. What's the deal? I mean, you took offense to being called a kid so I imagine you'e a grown man...act like one?
Yet another logical fallacy.
mean.gif

Do you think that I really give a damn about how I come across to you? With that comment, you seem to think that I come to Nike Talk, just to visit you.

I'll tell you what, when I need an opinion on personal expression from someone I find to be incredibly insignificant, I'll look you up, cool?

Have a good one.

Last edited:

BINGO.

But word of advice to everyone, since this is a discussion board, he can do as he pleases, just let him post till he's blue in the face, the easy solution for someone who is obviously out to rustle some jimmies is to ignore them.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for people who are this miserable in life
Scenario, one that's pretty familiar to presumptuous individuals such as yourself.

Man unprovoked, throws a punch at a another man.  The guy ducks, then sends a haymaker in return, connecting squarely on the chin. 

The man who threw the initial blow lies on the ground, then says,

I feel sorry for people who are this miserable in life.

Guess what? I don't feel sorry for your ***, not while you are laying there.

Not that serious?

You are on here judging apparel, then telling people if they are, or are not dressed well, or dressing better.

Are YOU serious?

Yet another logical fallacy.:smh:

Do you think that I really give a damn about how I come across to you? With that comment, you seem to think that I come to Nike Talk, just to visit you.

I'll tell you what, when I need an opinion on personal expression from someone I find to be incredibly insignificant, I'll look you up, cool?

Have a good one.

Oh man, that one hurt.

Where was I wrong? That you don't have an air of superiority? That your posts aren't often aggressive & condescending and that you come across as a bitter, angry *******? That you don't feel the need to insult other NTers?

I mean, you just about covered all of them in that response alone. You don't have to care even slightly about what I think about you and I'd certainly prefer if we never crossed paths so I'm perfectly content that you don't come to NT to visit me. But when I constantly see you taking up pages with a clear and unrelenting intent to stir the pot, I think I can weigh in, no matter how incredibly insignificant I am.

No hate.

BINGO.
But word of advice to everyone, since this is a discussion board, he can do as he pleases, just let him post till he's blue in the face, the easy solution for someone who is obviously out to rustle some jimmies is to ignore them.
Yeah, because you speak for everyone, correct?

Nothing would make you feel even more comfy, than to have everyone agree with you, right?

Typical....
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Ladies, ladies please.

:lol:

Really though, who really pays THAT much attention to the proportion of the kneecap to the pant seam to the ankle bone to the shoelace of the motorcycle boot??

I have always thought that there are no rules and there will never be rules on fashion. Once you think there are, someone will break them.

Back
Top Bottom