Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I really want a pair of skinny sweats just to lounge around the house in. Thanks for the heads up i will have to check H&M.

Can anyone recomend a good slim fit casual dress shirt. I love J.Crew's slim ex:

But it is impossible to find them in a medium at a good price. I hawk J.Crew Factory and wait for them to pop up but they very rarely get the SLIM cut shirts in. I am not looking to spend over $50 per shirt. My job is relaxed business casual so i want something i can wear to work un-tucked and wear out casually. I like express's extra slim 1MX's but haven't seen many in patterns i like.

I really want a pair of skinny sweats just to lounge around the house in. Thanks for the heads up i will have to check H&M.
Can anyone recomend a good slim fit casual dress shirt. I love J.Crew's slim ex:
But it is impossible to find them in a medium at a good price. I hawk J.Crew Factory and wait for them to pop up but they very rarely get the SLIM cut shirts in. I am not looking to spend over $50 per shirt. My job is relaxed business casual so i want something i can wear to work un-tucked and wear out casually. I like express's extra slim 1MX's but haven't seen many in patterns i like.
http://www.jcrew.com/search/searchN...DER<>folder_id=1408474395181063&bmUID=jMcyCCe

Here are 8 slim fit shirts in medium under $50.  Also use current promo for 30% off listed price.

considering buying my 1st pair of Toms, to have something to slip on quickly...what do you guys think of these as a "dressing better" alternative with jeans etc? Go a half size down too?

m-burlap-classics-h-su12_1.jpg

I see them on ebay pretty often, keep looking man
Can anyone speak to the differences in Nudie jeans in terms of the styles? I have three pairs of regular fit Uniqlos that fit great at 35x32, and looking to get my hands on some selvedge denims from Nudie.

toms look horrible with anything other than shorts or cropped/cuffed pants. at the very least go TTS with the canvas pairs. hope you are ready to be flamed by 99% of NT

Can anyone speak to the differences in Nudie jeans in terms of the styles? I have three pairs of regular fit Uniqlos that fit great at 35x32, and looking to get my hands on some selvedge denims from Nudie.

just go to their website. they have descriptions, pics, and measurements for every pair. you can even do comparisons between pairs on there.

Gap selvage denim on sale.

Code: 24HOURS for 30% off.

Puts the denim to about $63 a pop.

I thought that code was only valid yesterday? on the 8th...does it work today too?

And thanks to the dude with the J.Crew shirts....there were only 2 when i clicked it though not 8...but repped for the help much appreciated

edit: saw the post above me and the 20% promo doesn't include "Denim Bottoms"

Last edited:
I thought that code was only valid yesterday? on the 8th...does it work today too?
And thanks to the dude with the J.Crew shirts....there were only 2 when i clicked it though not 8...but repped for the help much appreciated
edit: saw the post above me and the 20% promo doesn't include "Denim Bottoms"
Now only 1 showing lol, keep checking though, the sale items and sizes change daily, and the sale lasts for most of the month, so should be able to find more later on.  I ordered 7 last week, most came out under $30.

Last edited:
I say 1 full size or even 1.5.

The Woolen ones, the ones with the fleece insides, I'd say go down .5 to 1 size. The ones with anything lining it, definitely 1-1.5.

toms look horrible with anything other than shorts or cropped/cuffed pants. at the very least go TTS with the canvas pairs. hope you are ready to be flamed by 99% of NT

Disagree, I wish I would have taken a pic but I wore my Tom's with a pair of khaki chinos and a short sleeve white dress shirt.

toms look like houseslippers to me but look comfy though. I didn't even know there was an anti-toms movement until I heard about it last year.

The Woolen ones, the ones with the fleece insides, I'd say go down .5 to 1 size. The ones with anything lining it, definitely 1-1.5.
Disagree, I wish I would have taken a pic but I wore my Tom's with a pair of khaki chinos and a short sleeve white dress shirt.
Sarteaga

the ones im considering are the burlap outers, so go down a size and should be good?

Sarteaga

the ones im considering are the burlap outers, so go down a size and should be good?

Yea I'd go down one size. Honestly, Tom's are versatile, depending on the color, texture/fabric and what you wear it with. I took my brown pair on the cruise with me and wore it with everything from jeans to shorts, to khaki chinos with a navy blazer.

Back
Top Bottom