Dressing Better Vol 2.0

When you're dressed outside the norm, you will draw attention, my man. You will have those who give you props and comment on you. You will also have those who say something like "that boy sure likes playing dress up, I wonder if he likes girls". You just gotta worry about yourself and ignore them. Also, participate more in the thread!

Style is fickle, man. It changes so much that's why it's important to develop your own style because styles are timeless.

Check out this picture of J. Kissi and friends, by all standards Travis (the dude to the far left) would get hated on because he's wearing a suit with work boots, but I doubt they care much and they're doing pretty well.

streetetiquettejoshtravjean2.jpg
Definitely love their fashion catalog.They some dapper individuals from NY [emoji]128076[/emoji]

anyone have personal experience with suitsupply.com??

Looks like good reviews and a top contender for sub-$500 suit. Would consider the ludlow too but skinny lapels are not my style.

(FWIW I'll prob end up visiting the store)

EDIT: Also, opinions on Bass Weejuns? quality-wise at least? Not sure if I'm a loafer guy, so I figured I'd keep the first pair low budget. "Dover" model, btw

http://niketalk.com/t/500141/dressing-better-vol-2-0/10860#post_16972401

I have some Aldo that look like that, they are not too great honestly.  I am sure there are other brands with similar boots. I have seen Gucci that are in that style

What's everyone putting ther names down for ?

Can I get down ( even though I don't know what it's about)
Lol

anybody have any idea what make and style of boots those are?
I would guess Red Wing or Yuketen,

Red Wing Classis Mocs

What's everyone putting ther names down for ?

Can I get down ( even though I don't know what it's about)
Lol
For some raffle for a free sweater and shirt from wj4. His OG post should be a few pages back with details.

Last edited:
Excuse the instagram filter.

Yesterday.

h&m jacket / boo shirt / uniqlo regular fit / clarks db camo / jack spade laptop bag

Thinking about getting the uniqlos hemmed about 1/2".

^How long have you had the denim? Most would say wait it out if you plan to wear them in. Others would say hem them if you want to crisp look and do not like worn in denim.

For the peacoat... You could also spring like $20-30 on one from Old Navy, if you want an extra one so the more expensive one doesn't get ruined.

Not as high quality but are still pretty good, especially for the price, and those that don't know are none the wiser about it.

Old Navy peacoats are horrible. They fit extremely large, and even if you size down they're still boxy. The buttons are also huge and something about that large anchor print on the buttons is just awful :x

Man you're paying $20 for it. Not $100 or more. It's a suggestion for something in reserve to not ruin your good ones.

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather catch an H&M sale and grab a better peacoat for an extra $30 (You can usually find a sale for their peacoats and it'll cost you about $50) than waste $20 on a bad product.

^How long have you had the denim? Most would say wait it out if you plan to wear them in. Others would say hem them if you want to crisp look and do not like worn in denim.
Had them for about 4 months now. I love the way they look with a cuff on some footwear (new balance, red wings, and sometimes clarks). But sometimes, I'd like to have that non-cuffed look. I may just buy another pair to get hemmed for a crisper look.

Had them for about 4 months now. I love the way they look with a cuff on some footwear (new balance, red wings, and sometimes clarks). But sometimes, I'd like to have that non-cuffed look. I may just buy another pair to get hemmed for a crisper look.
I would do that. Different denim for different occasions.

I love how wis's offer is getting people to post a lot more! :lol: I actually really enjoy the amount of contribution to the thread that has come from it. :pimp:

I love how wis's offer is getting people to post a lot more! :lol: I actually really enjoy the amount of contribution to the thread that has come from it. :pimp:

I was thinking the same thing :lol:

A lot of people are coming out of nowhere and actually putting in some pretty good contribution :pimp:

anybody have any idea what make and style of boots those are?
Redwing or yuketen like already mentioned or Eastland lumber up (very light btw) also the sebago fairhaven are a similar style.

Excuse the instagram filter.

Yesterday.

h&m jacket / boo shirt / uniqlo regular fit / clarks db camo / jack spade laptop bag

Thinking about getting the uniqlos hemmed about 1/2".

Clean and simple , I really like the "fun" factor of adding the camo to a simple fit just to make it stand out ..

I'm all for it because it gives more content to the thread. As long as is not just until the contest is done :lol:

[/quote]

Clean and simple , I really like the "fun" factor of adding the camo to a simple fit just to make it stand out ..[/quote]

I'm a big fan of subtle camo touches as well. The camo Clarks desert boots that came out a little while ago are fantastic

Back
Top Bottom