Dressing Better Vol 2.0

The weather has been throwing my fits off lately :lol:
Yesterday it was it the mid 50's and it rained, and today it's in the 30's... I don't know what to wear :lol:

Thanks for the love. I got the camo DBs off Amazon with a late christmas gift. Well worth the $60 or so they are/were marked at. Nice to have that extra piece that is a little different from others. I can't get down with camo in bigger pieces like jackets, shirts, and pants unless you're military. It just feels disrespectful and fake to me. So these shoes were the perfect touch for me that didn't cross the line.

Thanks for the love. I got the camo DBs off Amazon with a late christmas gift. Well worth the $60 or so they are/were marked at. Nice to have that extra piece that is a little different from others. I can't get down with camo in bigger pieces like jackets, shirts, and pants unless you're military. It just feels disrespectful and fake to me. So these shoes were the perfect touch for me that didn't cross the line.
Hi. I just dig the print :lol:

Hi. I just dig the print :lol:
Me too.

Back in the old days, NT was more about helping out each other. Spots were being shared. Shoes were being bought and sold at cost. I still keep in touch with the handful of NTers I met in the early 2000s. Back then, the FootAction exclusive Dunks were pretty nice, and I didn't have a car, and I didn't know how to drive. A local dude came by to give me a ride to get a pair. Shoutouts to NTer 'damn its me', who is probably too busy to post now grinding on his new gig. NT, as a whole, in the recent years declined severely. Dudes just constantly put each other down. While I'm too small to change the site, I think I can have an effect in keeping this thread positive and helpful. If someone joins in the thread and post just for joining the raffle..that's cool. However, it boggles my mind someone will go to that lengthty effort for a piece of mall brand clothing. I may or may not hold raffles again in the future, but it's all in good fun and trying to keep the thread up.

I met up with an NTer I met back in 2002 or so to catch up on the weekends. He has a blog about Z Day with the zombies and what not. We decided to take some pictures. Not really dressing better, but here it is:

http://romerobrooks.com/2013/01/rb-style-cooler-weather-apparel/

Redwing or yuketen like already mentioned or Eastland lumber up (very light btw) also the sebago fairhaven are a similar style.
Clean and simple , I really like the "fun" factor of adding the camo to a simple fit just to make it stand out ..
thanks!

Back in the old days, NT was more about helping out each other. Spots were being shared. Shoes were being bought and sold at cost. I still keep in touch with the handful of NTers I met in the early 2000s. Back then, the FootAction exclusive Dunks were pretty nice, and I didn't have a car, and I didn't know how to drive. A local dude came by to give me a ride to get a pair. Shoutouts to NTer 'damn its me', who is probably too busy to post now grinding on his new gig. NT, as a whole, in the recent years declined severely. Dudes just constantly put each other down. While I'm too small to change the site, I think I can have an effect in keeping this thread positive and helpful. If someone joins in the thread and post just for joining the raffle..that's cool. However, it boggles my mind someone will go to that lengthty effort for a piece of mall brand clothing. I may or may not hold raffles again in the future, but it's all in good fun and trying to keep the thread up.

I met up with an NTer I met back in 2002 or so to catch up on the weekends. He has a blog about Z Day with the zombies and what not. We decided to take some pictures. Not really dressing better, but here it is:

http://romerobrooks.com/2013/01/rb-style-cooler-weather-apparel/

THIS is very true! Frankly I thought it was ridiculous and is ridiculous how many people all of sudden came out of the wood-work to post because they wanted something for free. This is one of the many reason I never post on Sole Collector anymore and only keep in touch with a small group of friends from there and from here. We definitely need to keep things positive as they have been. I may be giving away a pair of loafers that are a bit too big, so I will probably post them some time this week and will just ask for those who can fit them to participate and for that person to just pay shipping.

I wasn't trying to spark a debate with my comments on camo. I dig some of the camo prints that I've seen recently, but won't wear them of out respect. That's just my 2 cents. It always reminds me of this Dave Chappelle bit:

I wasn't trying to spark a debate with my comments on camo. I dig some of the camo prints that I've seen recently, but won't wear them of out respect. That's just my 2 cents. It always reminds me of this Dave Chappelle bit:

Where's RFX to debate camo? :lol:

I like the extra traffic ITT but now its harder to keep up
ohh well first world problems. keep posting that good content guise.

Back
Top Bottom