Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just got some olive chinos for work. What color or what type of shirts and shirt/tie combos would you guys recommend?

Ugh, I should've known. Here comes the flames for having an opinion. Niketalk hasn't changed one bit over the years...
He was messing around, man. It's all good.

RFX is in Dubai at the 7 star hotel on vacation. Probably at the beach in his Lanvins.

Just got some olive chinos for work. What color or what type of shirts and shirt/tie combos would you guys recommend?
How conservative or not is your work place?

Today:

Ugh, I should've known. Here comes the flames for having an opinion. Niketalk hasn't changed one bit over the years...
He was messing around, man. It's all good.

RFX is in Dubai at the 7 star hotel on vacation. Probably at the beach in his Lanvins.

How conservative or not is your work place?

Today:

I can pretty much wear any type of pants that aren't jeans. I also have to wear a button down shirt. Ties and jackets aren't necessary. So all in all it's pretty relaxed

I can pretty much wear any type of pants that aren't jeans. I also have to wear a button down shirt. Ties and jackets aren't necessary. So all in all it's pretty relaxed
Olive is a very versatile colors, man.

For solids: white, light blue, plum, dark blue, or even pale yellow for a summery vibe.

Gingham would be ace with them: any shade of blue, black, gray, pink.

I have 2 pairs of green trousers myself, one in olive and the other is more sage tweed and I've worn them with most of the colors I mentioned and I liked the outcome.

Also....man, this is too awesome:

Last edited:
I still want the black scotchgrain they did a few months back but looks like it's not going to be done again.

Saw this post on Dappered and was wondering if any of you guys would try something like this haha

Netflix for ties....

http://dappered.com/2013/01/would-you-use-it-tie-subscription-services/

http://www.tiesociety.com/
http://www.freshneck.com/
http://tietry.com/

http://lifehacker.com/5974777/fresh...your-formalwear-is-never-boring?post=56035717

I don't wear ties that often since I'm in school and only certain occasions would call for it, but how about any of you that have to wear one for work daily? If I have a job in the future that calls for it I think I'd rather own than rent but you do get more variety of some good brands like Brooks Bros, Hermes and the like it seems...

Last edited:
^^^ LyonBC1 it seems like a cool concept and it must be working if there are three companies doing it but it doesnt seem too practical in my opinion. With a service like this it seems like you would have to plan way in advanced to have the tie for whatever occasion. It seems much easier to just own your ties then to rent them.

^^^ LyonBC1 it seems like a cool concept and it must be working if there are three companies doing it but it doesnt seem too practical in my opinion. With a service like this it seems like you would have to plan way in advanced to have the tie for whatever occasion. It seems much easier to just own your ties then to rent them.

Especially when you can find nice, conservative ties for no more than $15 at stores like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

I agree 100%. I applaud them for trying to be a game changer and invent their own market, but for something as minute as ties...not really worth it.

First picture: If the shirt is long enough to cover your entire rear, tuck it in.

Second picture: you need to button the buttons on a button down collar, bro. That's the beauty.

PS: house looks really nice!
Yeah i did after the picture was taken (for picture 2)

Its my sisters house lol , yeah its really nice

Especially when you can find nice, conservative ties for no more than $15 at stores like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Yeah I agree with you guys, if you know where and when to shop you can get deals on quality ones on ebay and the stores Serg mentioned....I wonder how many subscribers these types of places have though. Maybe some people just like the convenience but other than that I dunno

I think maybe doing something like tuxes for weddings and black tie events and the everyday man could rent those at will would be more appealing like if they rented some high end brands like Thom Browne or something and maybe had some set fits or cuts for different body types sort of like suit supply does with the washington, napoli fits etc. but I'm probably reaching too :lol:

@datkidfiasco, I think if you tucked in the shirt in the second pic it'd look better...its a little too long to leave untucked imo and the second fit looks nice but just button the collar as Wis mentioned

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom