Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I am a very small guy. I want a suit but 36s is still too big. Do I have to just suck it up and get it tailored or is there somewhere I can get suited up?

I am a very small guy. I want a suit but 36s is still too big. Do I have to just suck it up and get it tailored or is there somewhere I can get suited up?
MTM. I know Thick as Thieves has done a 30" chest suit before.

:x

I don't do alterations since my suits are MTM but when i didn't have MTM suits, my tailor charged me $8 total for a hem and taper for pants
All of my pants are tailored in one way or another. Even the MTM ones. I'm really picky with the result.

im on the same boat as you. i bought a blazer at H&M sz 34S and it was still too big. i got it tailored and it looks good now. i also used Indochino to buy my custom suit. wasnt too bad but everyone has different opinions about the site. its tough out there for us tall skinny dudes
laugh.gif

alright guys, just expect it from now on...i got more thrifting finds :D

first, i'll start with my wdywt yesterday:

ended up picking this camel blazer up for $10:

honestly it could be taken in in the midsection but for $10, ill call it a day :lol:

here's some of the awesome finds that i passed on though:

YSL blazer in a 36 for $7...so damn close :frown:

Prada sneakers for $12 (dunno if real, but seemed legit)

Another pair of AE Macneil's for $8

Gucci boots...my size but not worth it for $150 imo

and just for kicks, i thought this was really cool:

if i was german, i would've scooped for the $12 price tag. i'm thinking it's an actual german military jacket but who knows :rolleyes

Last edited:
alright guys, just expect it from now on...i got more thrifting finds :D

honestly it could be taken in in the midsection but for $10, ill call it a day :lol:

YSL blazer in a 36 for $7...so damn close :frown:

if i was german, i would've scooped for the $12 price tag. i'm thinking it's an actual german military jacket but who knows :rolleyes

I would take those AE Macneil's off your hands in a second.

Pinoy, if you find something on here and clean it up...would you resell it to your DB brothers for a reasonable price...Include shipping in it?

If so, I am an 11 - 11.5

40 R - Suit

34 Pants

Please keep posting.  Thanks so much. I used to thrift, I just don't have that kind of time anymore. I was finding crazy deals but not for the prices you are finding them for.
nthat.gif

Last edited:
alright guys, just expect it from now on...i got more thrifting finds
happy.gif

honestly it could be taken in in the midsection but for $10, ill call it a day
laugh.gif

YSL blazer in a 36 for $7...so damn close
frown.gif

if i was german, i would've scooped for the $12 price tag. i'm thinking it's an actual german military jacket but who knows
eyes.gif
Where do you thrift at? I can't find items like these at thrift stores in the bay 
mean.gif
mean.gif

Pinoy, if you find something on here and clean it up...would you resell it to your DB brothers for a reasonable price...Include shipping in it?

If so, I am an 11 - 11.5

40 R - Suit

34 Pants

Please keep posting.  Thanks so much. I used to thrift, I just don't have that kind of time anymore. I was finding crazy deals but not for the prices you are finding them for.:nthat:

Honestly man, I definitely would but if you are interested in anything I post, PM me. I don't wanna get the thread shut down or anything. I'll keep an eye out for your size though fambs.

also, toru, i'm located in NJ

Last edited:
A, you must go thrifting with a lucky rabbit's foot and horse shoe jeans :lol:

First entry for the rugged footwear challenge:

Going to the gym and dinner. Will come back to pick the winners for the shirt and sweater.

im on the same boat as you. i bought a blazer at H&M sz 34S and it was still too big. i got it tailored and it looks good now. i also used Indochino to buy my custom suit. wasnt too bad but everyone has different opinions about the site. its tough out there for us tall skinny dudes :lol:

If I recall correctly H&M doesn't make 34S. They make 34R. I'm not sure how much of a difference in length a 34S and a 34R are though.

What alterations did you get done?

im on the same boat as you. i bought a blazer at H&M sz 34S and it was still too big. i got it tailored and it looks good now. i also used Indochino to buy my custom suit. wasnt too bad but everyone has different opinions about the site. its tough out there for us tall skinny dudes
laugh.gif
If I recall correctly H&M doesn't make 34S. They make 34R. I'm not sure how much of a difference in length a 34S and a 34R are though.

What alterations did you get done?
yeah it was 34R, my mistake. i took in the waist/stomach and shortened the sleeve length.

Back
Top Bottom