Dressing Better Vol 2.0

L.A. Summit pictures from the early 2000s. I'm in the black Blazers t shirt, baggy shorts, and XIs :lol:

Last edited:
Back in the old days, NT was more about helping out each other. Spots were being shared. Shoes were being bought and sold at cost. I still keep in touch with the handful of NTers I met in the early 2000s. Back then, the FootAction exclusive Dunks were pretty nice, and I didn't have a car, and I didn't know how to drive. A local dude came by to give me a ride to get a pair. Shoutouts to NTer 'damn its me', who is probably too busy to post now grinding on his new gig. NT, as a whole, in the recent years declined severely. Dudes just constantly put each other down. While I'm too small to change the site, I think I can have an effect in keeping this thread positive and helpful. If someone joins in the thread and post just for joining the raffle..that's cool. However, it boggles my mind someone will go to that lengthty effort for a piece of mall brand clothing. I may or may not hold raffles again in the future, but it's all in good fun and trying to keep the thread up.

I met up with an NTer I met back in 2002 or so to catch up on the weekends. He has a blog about Z Day with the zombies and what not. We decided to take some pictures. Not really dressing better, but here it is:

http://romerobrooks.com/2013/01/rb-style-cooler-weather-apparel/

Crazy, I just met that dude here in Houston. Well in Cypress, actually.

Just notice thats him in the pic with out the stache.

Last edited:
Man i love J. Crew Factory Store.

Just got a pair of slim straight cords for $14 and a button down for $17 and another for $21 total bill for pants and two shirts.. $52.47 and $5 to ship

Advice needed fellas.

I bought the cashmere (item # 54104) scarf in-store, but it wasn't on sale. I had to show the SA that it was priced @ $88.00 online and that I could use the 30% discount...he reluctantly gave me the 30% off but wouldn't give me the 15% student discount because he gave me the 30% EVEN though I was able to use the student discount on previous sale items recently.

Now the kicker is that the store was running 40% off sale items...should I have pushed for the 40% off +15% student discount? Or should I go to another store and get price adjustment?

That's what we wore back then :lol: I was 16 or 17, man. NYC summits had nothing but sports gear...I wish someone saved the pics!
:lol: It's sad though. If I give my children one piece of advice on their clothing, it's to make sure they fill some of their closet with classic clothing that will never go out of style once they reach HS. I have so many stupid graphic tees and jerseys from HS that should have been polos and sport shirts instead. Huge waste of money.

That's what we wore back then :lol: I was 16 or 17, man. NYC summits had nothing but sports gear...I wish someone saved the pics!

I still don't know which one is you in the picture, but I do remember dressing like that, still have my TIm Duncan authentic and spurs warmup mitchell and ness.

Trying to ebay the m&n as quickly as possible

x2 You can do ANYTHING with olive... it's a great color that is often over looked
This. Olive with a hint of orange will always be one of my favorite colorways (Maybe because UNDFTD IVs are one of my favorite shoes :lol: )

Yup :lol:

That's why this is the ONLY pair of Dunks I own... and why it's the only pair of Nike's I've bought in awhile :lol:

What's the average cost to get alterations on a suit jacket?

It depends which city you're in and which tailor/dry cleaner you went to for the alterations, for my one suit in pittsburgh it ran me ~65 to get the sides taken in, sleeves shortened, and pants hemmed, etc. But if you're in a major city like NYC, LA it may run you upwards of $100 for that. Biggest thing is to make sure the shoulders fit you well because that is a really expensive change to make and it may not even look correct when its done.

I typical pay $35 to get the sleeves shortened, $45 to the get the back taken in, $15 to shorten the pants, $30 to taper the pant legs, $13 or so to do the waist and $10 to add suspender buttons.

I typical pay $35 to get the sleeves shortened, $45 to the get the back taken in, $15 to shorten the pants, $30 to taper the pant legs, $13 or so to do the waist and $10 to add suspender buttons.

:x

I don't do alterations since my suits are MTM but when i didn't have MTM suits, my tailor charged me $8 total for a hem and taper for pants

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom