Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Lots of stuff I like
Lots of stuff I want to turn around and sprint away from and never look back :lol:

thenewjs23, your avy is GOAT :smokin

that is all 8)

Another post about how I like women to dress. This leather from Saint Laurent looks great.

That bike is GORGEOUS. Deus Ex Machina makes some beautiful machines man.
man you aint lying. naked bikes are my fav. I wonder what the performance specs are on them or if they are made more for cruising around. 

i just got a bike and will be using it a lot, including to and from work so im going to have to incorporate office wear with riding gear. 

Shia from WS2...this is my ideal look except for the loafers...look great but aren't functional because they probably have a leather sole...

...perfect look for city commuting. lower speeds in stop and go traffic

Last edited:
Can you post a full-body photo without your arm up? I know you're trying to show off the watch, but in order to see the fit, your arm needs to be on the side.

I'm also not a fan of the black shirt w/ black jacket. I actually am not a fan of either.I think black dress shirts are for high school kids and black suits are for classical musicians and waiters.

lol. true though.

it's like the safe bet when all else fails.

And Like it that I do. I feel Very Comfortable in How I dress, and Others seem to compliment me on it on the regular, SO I'm very pleased thank you very much. Ahh But you don't work where I do .. But I digress... You Like what you Like and I like what I like, that Simple.
The thing is, people compliment ANYTHING.. That doesn't mean you're doing it. The color scheme is absolutely atrocious to say the least..and especially for the workplace.

Hey guys can anyone recommend me a nice messanger/travel bag. I have to travel a bunch for my new job and i have to take my computer everywhere. I have a work supplied computer bag....buts its kinda lame i want something nicer to carry more things too. My budget is only $200 and under though.

I like a lot at fossil. I love the brown leather look or canvas look.

I like the olive/khaki color. Would def not be something everyone had like a plain brown messenger bag.

Last edited:
I don't want to be that guy but Herschel's quality is anything but great, the quality of their bags is simply... Meh.

I find the inside lining to be the selling point for Herschel I have one of their bags, but you're correct I wouldn't consider it the best thing available.

To tell the truth I don't like TNF either unless you want to look like you're going camping in Tibet.:x

How are you going to ask for advice/opinion/critique then someone gives you constructive criticism and you blow it off?

I've seen people compliment the worst fitting suits, not buttoning the bottom button is a general rule. Seems like you're ignoring it. Which is fine, just don't pull a Manti Teo and stubbornly try to feed BS reasons.

Hate to be negative, but seeing the back and forth was frustrating.

:rofl: at the Manti Te'o reference. But all of this. You asked for a critique/advice and we all gave you one but outside of what we said could have said that made you actual take our considerations into action?

And Like it that I do. I feel Very Comfortable in How I dress, and Others seem to compliment me on it on the regular, SO I'm very pleased thank you very much. Ahh But you don't work where I do .. But I digress... You Like what you Like and I like what I like, that Simple.

The thing is, people compliment ANYTHING.. That doesn't mean you're doing it. The color scheme is absolutely atrocious to say the least..and especially for the workplace.

Agreed. Just because people compliment an outfit doesn't mean that it is proper fitting or even looks good. They may just have a poor sense of fashion. I especially tend to see a lot of individuals say that someone looks good simply because they are in a suit, regardless of the fit.

This. Always take your suits to the tailor. When you're new to the suit game you might think I looks good but after you first tailoring experience you'll notice the difference.
I have over a dozen suiting pieces from Suit Supplu so I can vouch for them. The quality is good and at my current statin life, the price point is perfect for a suits or blazers that I can wear when I go out on weekends without being upset if it gets spilled on or something. The fit is top notch and their various styles tend to fit everyone's taste.

Did you order online or go to the store? I've always gone to the one in NYC and since their GQ spread the in-store experience has changed. As the manager put it "It brought in a lot of riff raff" but I'm sure the outcome is more income for them so they can't be too mad. I can also say they're in-store tailoring prices are reasonable and the work is pretty good.

Question, when you buy a suit from this place do you buy it off of the rack and have it fitted to your specifications or do you get your suits tailored made from them?

I'm thinking about visiting the location here in D.C. to purchase a suit.

I've done both. If you get your suits tailor made from them it will be much more expensive, like a lot of MTM suits. However, I did that only because I wanted to customize some things like lining and stitching, adding a 3rd piece, etc. The majority of suits I have from them are off the rack and then tailored to my specifications. Usually the changes are minor but I'm very particular with my suiting so I'd rather pay to make it look perfect than not and have it be only "ok". The reason I recommend going to the store is because you can try on their different types of cuts that they have for their suits, the different sizes (in case you are in between sizes or are unsure of your size in a particular cut) and they often have pieces in the store that have sold out and are no longer online.

Hey guys can anyone recommend me a nice messanger/travel bag. I have to travel a bunch for my new job and i have to take my computer everywhere. I have a work supplied computer bag....buts its kinda lame i want something nicer to carry more things too. My budget is only $200 and under though.

I like the olive/khaki color. Would def not be something everyone had like a plain brown messenger bag.
try duluth pack ... $90 

http://duluthpack.com/school-campus/backpacks-bags/messenger-shoulder-bags/standard-book-bag.html

Looking for good dress pants for a office job. I have pairs from the j crew outlets but they've seemed to have shrunk
mean.gif
, wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the dockers khakis, especially those slim dress ones not the alpha khakis.

gracias

Looking for good dress pants for a office job. I have pairs from the j crew outlets but they've seemed to have shrunk :smh: , wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the dockers khakis, especially those slim dress ones not the alpha khakis.

gracias

If you're talking about the D1 fit, I'd say they're pretty good. A little less taper than the Alphas but overall they fit nicely. I actually tried those on in-store to figure out what size to get my Alphas in (before stores carried Alphas).

Jack Spade.

Thankful that I won the raffle!. Good looks WJ. Time to start upgrading from Old Navy Button Ups 
laugh.gif

SirDilbert: great pickup on that blazer. Awesome fit too :pimp:

Wis: yeah man...just look below haha

Elkin: You got it fambs

anywho....my boy picked up those Black AE Macneils for me and found a pair of Merlot AE Chesters in a 9.5 D. I guess i'm going into the resell game. Those other AE's i posted before sold for $58 (bought for $13) and $50 (bought for $10). Also sold that AllSaints shirt for $10 (picked up for $2.50). I've officially made more money than I have spent on thrifting so far :lol:

Here are the latest before they hit the 'bay right after a cleaning/polish:

(Chester's came with nordstrom shoe trees that my boy's letting me keep :pimp:)

Dude if you happen to run across some AE's in a size 13 please let me know

So I wanted to Share.... Let me know what you think, Critique away .. But I think I look good.

If you feel comfortable in what you wear that is the most important thing man, but the people on here are just trying to critique you, since you asked. I think your fits show personality and are decent. Keep it moving. And if you like dark shirts, you should try and wear white too, expand your colors. I was the same way, I would only wear blue, and it took a while to change but im glad i did

Back
Top Bottom