Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Just got these in today from Nordstrom. These are from ther 1901 brand. Tried them on and they're super comfy and only 66 dollars. Thanks for the help guys

Just got these in today from Nordstrom. These are from ther 1901 brand. Tried them on and they're super comfy and only 66 dollars. Thanks for the help guys

looks good, Nordstrom's "house brands" are probably the best of any department store, esp for the price.

Just scooped it off of eBay for $76 shipped. I had the black Cement one also and sold it. Regret that ish. Dude is selling one on eBay for $400 or something now. :smh:
I have this bag and the are poorly made, I would pass and stick to North Face or Herschel.  

I'm not in college so I am not carrying a top of stuff. Don't plan to beat it up either. Its more of an everyday bag. I can carry my iPad mini, a book and a few personal things.

Just scooped it off of eBay for $76 shipped. I had the black Cement one also and sold it. Regret that ish. Dude is selling one on eBay for $400 or something now. :smh:
I have this bag and the are poorly made, I would pass and stick to North Face or Herschel.  
I don't want to be that guy but Herschel's quality is anything but great, the quality of their bags is simply... Meh.

I can't mess with Herschel. I had a bag rip on me last year. Poor Quality is right.

ive been seeing a lot of cole haan lunargrand knockoffs

Man, I went to large on my Lunargrands. Not bad, but a little uncomfortable. Might just sell them. Darn.
Kinda sucks that everyone is knocking these off though. Spring is going to be full of them.

I'm not in college so I am not carrying a top of stuff. Don't plan to beat it up either. Its more of an everyday bag. I can carry my iPad mini, a book and a few personal things.

I don't want to be that guy but Herschel's quality is anything but great, the quality of their bags is simply... Meh.

I can't mess with Herschel. I had a bag rip on me last year. Poor Quality is right.

ive been seeing a lot of cole haan lunargrand knockoffs

Man, I went to large on my Lunargrands. Not bad, but a little uncomfortable. Might just sell them. Darn.
Kinda sucks that everyone is knocking these off though. Spring is going to be full of them.

Size/color on those Lunars??

Am I the only one who hopped off the neon/pop sole trend? I'm glad I never bought a pair, because now whenever I see them on feet or in store I can't help but think they're an eye sore.

Loud socks I can get with, since those are more of an accent like ties or pocket squares, but I prefer my non-sneaker shoes to be classic in terms of colorways.

Last edited:
If you feel comfortable in what you wear that is the most important thing man, but the people on here are just trying to critique you, since you asked. I think your fits show personality and are decent. Keep it moving. And if you like dark shirts, you should try and wear white too, expand your colors. I was the same way, I would only wear blue, and it took a while to change but im glad i did

Agreed. I never took any offense to any critique , and I do have different colors.. but yes nothing wrong with expanding the color-scheme , which I plan to do.

Am I the only one who hopped off the neon/pop sole trend? I'm glad I never bought a pair, because now whenever I see them on feet or in store I can't help but think they're an eye sore.

Loud socks I can get with, since those are more of an accent like ties or pocket squares, but I prefer my non-sneaker shoes to be classic in terms of colorways.
I must say Nike found a niche market in this field. Even my ASIC running shoes have yellow midsole :lol: they switched up the colors for this year's model.

To the naked eye, dress shoes are all boring. But to the trained eye, you noticed the details like color of welt, last shape, etc.

SirDilbert: great pickup on that blazer. Awesome fit too :pimp:

Wis: yeah man...just look below haha

Elkin: You got it fambs

anywho....my boy picked up those Black AE Macneils for me and found a pair of Merlot AE Chesters in a 9.5 D. I guess i'm going into the resell game. Those other AE's i posted before sold for $58 (bought for $13) and $50 (bought for $10). Also sold that AllSaints shirt for $10 (picked up for $2.50). I've officially made more money than I have spent on thrifting so far :lol:

Here are the latest before they hit the 'bay right after a cleaning/polish:

(Chester's came with nordstrom shoe trees that my boy's letting me keep :pimp:)

Dude if you happen to run across some AE's in a size 13 please let me know
Lol ill keep it in mind. Sucks you werent around last week...I posted a pair and just shipped out today

LOL @ SoleAsain tossed back his pick....
laugh.gif

My entry for this challenge ..I lost so much weight and I am trying to hold on to these jeans..I need to let them go, they're a tad big.

anyone got any suggestions on some cool looking bracelets ? thinking of some miansai type ones, but cheaper as i don't think they are worth the price at all.

Looking for good dress pants for a office job. I have pairs from the j crew outlets but they've seemed to have shrunk :smh: , wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the dockers khakis, especially those slim dress ones not the alpha khakis.

gracias

D1 Dockers are alright... however the waist always seems to fit very tight and when you size up the thighs are too big :smh:

I'd look into the GAP slim khakis. PERFECT fit in my opinion :D

Last edited:
Obviously he doesn't.. Seems as though him as Wisith are the only ones in this thread who don't have a pair :lol:

Wisith's reason being that he is a baller, however :lol:

So I wanted to Share.... Let me know what you think, Critique away .. But I think I look good.

If you feel comfortable in what you wear that is the most important thing man, but the people on here are just trying to critique you, since you asked. I think your fits show personality and are decent. Keep it moving. And if you like dark shirts, you should try and wear white too, expand your colors. I was the same way, I would only wear blue, and it took a while to change but im glad i did

While I don't actually "hate" any of the colors.. Neither are good fits. A white undershirt would have looked MUCH better in the second picture, and feel free to just do away with the black suit until you go to a funeral

good quality. american made. decent price point. huge variety of styles. what's not to like?
Exactly. Around 250 can get you a pair. Decent leather and Goodyear welted too. They're also by far the favorite on SF too and loved by members of all salary ranges.

I can afford to buy other brands since I am still single, but as one lawyer on SF put it "AE hits the spot for me. I only make $130k a year and got 3 kids to care for. I'm not big time enough for EG and JL".

Obviously he doesn't.. Seems as though him as Wisith are the only ones in this thread who don't have a pair :lol:

Wisith's reason being that he is a baller, however :lol:
Nah, man. I had a pair from Rack 3 or 4 years back. I never knew about the lasts and sized wrong. They were too small so I gave them away.

Back
Top Bottom