Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Might scoop up a pair of AEs just because they are so damn cheap and I will eventually need a pair for work. Anybody have the New Haven's? It says on their website that it's part of their "ae by Allen Edmonds" collection. Is that like a lower end, more affordable collection?

I don't own a pair, and I'm not really a huge fan of them, but I have seen them in person and they don't look or feel cheaper than any of their other shoes

Don't know if you guys wear Express but their winter clearance sale is on, 50% extra off already clearanced merchandise. Producer and photographer pants for 14.99...good deal IMO.

Don't know if you guys wear Express but their winter clearance sale is on, 50% extra off already clearanced merchandise. Producer and photographer pants for 14.99...good deal IMO.

Thanks for the info man, I still want to pick up that grey photographer suit

idk if anyone checked out the peter rabbit collection at baby gap, but they have some fresh stuff.  kinda wish they made some of the items in adult sizes 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Wore my new pea coat today although I'm planning on taking it to the tailor this weekend to get the sleeves lengthened. After a bit of research it looks to be an vintage Navy coat which I thought was neat.
Edit: Entry for rugged footwear as well?

Last edited:
Wore my new pea coat today although I'm planning on taking it to the tailor this weekend to get the sleeves lengthened. After a bit of research it looks to be an vintage Navy coat which I thought was neat.
Edit: Entry for rugged footwear as well?
Nice pickup man, you really can't go wrong with a vintage Navy coat. The tailoring shouldn't be too expensive either.

V-neck sweaters are always going to be a little shorter than the shirt because it's supposed to expose your belt. Tucking a white tee in isn't too bad. I just tried on a white undershirt underneath my black Lacoste v-neck. It looked pretty good, but that has a lot to do with the V cut not being too large. With some of the other companies it might not look as good with a deeper V cut.
That's false. Layering sweaters are supposed to cut at the torso line for a clean appeal in case you should wear a blazer, suit jacket, etc on top. If your belt is exposed, the sweater is way too short.

Sorry, but what I said is not false. Most of the v-necks you'll find will end up riding above the belt while you're wearing it, and that's completely fine.

V-neck sweaters are always going to be a little shorter than the shirt because it's supposed to expose your belt. Tucking a white tee in isn't too bad. I just tried on a white undershirt underneath my black Lacoste v-neck. It looked pretty good, but that has a lot to do with the V cut not being too large. With some of the other companies it might not look as good with a deeper V cut.
That's false. Layering sweaters are supposed to cut at the torso line for a clean appeal in case you should wear a blazer, suit jacket, etc on top. If your belt is exposed, the sweater is way too short.

Sorry, but what I said is not false. Most of the v-necks you'll find will end up riding above the belt while you're wearing it, and that's completely fine.

You must be buying different v-neck sweaters than me. "Supposed to expose your belt"? Nah.

Last edited:
Well, I'll stick with the Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, and Banana Republic v-necks. They fit how they're supposed to fit. Do you, I guess?

Last edited:
:lol: can't get down with the intentional "belt showing" just let it show naturally if that makes sense. But that's just me since i'm not a flashy dude. Not saying dude is wrong but from my experience V-necks tend to fall over your belt over cover like 85% of it.

Last edited:
:lol: can't get down with the intentional "belt showing" just let it show naturally if that makes sense. But that's just me since i'm not a flashy dude. Not saying dude is wrong but from my experience V-necks tend to fall over your belt over cover like 85% of it.

I'm not saying intentionally position it above the belt. I'm saying it will end up riding up above with your body movements, which is acceptable. I always pull it back down, though.

I'm not saying intentionally position it above the belt. I'm saying it will end up riding up above with your body movements, which is acceptable. I always pull it back down, though.

I'm with you man, most of my sweaters fit perfectly but eventually it ends up along my belt line, although I pull it down it really doesn't look bad at all

Well, I'll stick with the Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, and Banana Republic v-necks. They fit how they're supposed to fit. Do you, I guess?

You're a testy one, eh?

I own Polo Ralph Lauren v-necks. I don't bother with Banana Republic v-necks (generally too boxy), never owned a Lacoste (their polos, aside from the Live line are also boxy) but I still don't agree with what you said:
V-neck sweaters are always going to be a little shorter than the shirt because it's supposed to expose your belt.

Last edited:

You hooping in your V-neck sweaters, famb? I've never had this problem.

Any DMV fam in this thread??

I just need to find a cleaners that can handle slim/trim fit clothes. Been having to wash/iron my shirts myself which is a tedious process and my shirts arent as crisp. These cleaners on every corner jack up the collars, crumbling buttons, and just overall carelessness and lack of customer service. :smh:

Not too mention tailoring pants also, had a pair of pants taken in and looks like I got a diaper on or a tall tee tucked in my pants. I need quality and a shop/place that gives a damn.

Last edited:

First, "what is most' of the v necks?

Second, do you know what I mean by cut off at the torso? Your picture just stated what I said except the model is wearing a workwear inspired belt that is exposed...

You hooping in your V-neck sweaters, famb? I've never had this problem.
Maybe they're a bit taller than normal. From cheap $100 v necks to $500 ones they all cut at the torso line which is a couple of inches below my belt (dress trousers here with higher rise). If you wear these with low rise pants then I'm sure the belt would show.

Nice watch! I know RFX is the resident timepiece expert but I'm a fan of Tissot watches especially at their price point. Happy birthday!

This post brings up an interesting topic: I that know there is a separate thread specifically dedicated to this topic, but what is most of the DB fam's watch game looking like? I'm curious to know what type of watch rotations you guys work in with your outfits.

I have 5 watches right now, 6 if you count my fuel band that I wear to the gym. But my Hamilton Khaki Field Officer Auto hasn't come off my wrist since I got it for graduation last spring.

ended up going thrifting with the girlfriend finally. here's what we found:

passed on this...tad too wide:

scored the second pair of mcallisters after the first one sold for $50 :D

also found these for my girl:

I know these are not DB related but still, it was part of my thrift.
found a VNDS pair of Jordan 20 Stealths in a 13 for $12

flipping these as well :pimp:

Last edited:

Man you find way too much heat in those stores... :smh: :lol:

Any DMV fam in this thread??

I just need to find a cleaners that can handle slim/trim fit clothes. Been having to wash/iron my shirts myself which is a tedious process and my shirts arent as crisp. These cleaners on every corner jack up the collars, crumbling buttons, and just overall carelessness and lack of customer service. :smh:

Not too mention tailoring pants also, had a pair of pants taken in and looks like I got a diaper on or a tall tee tucked in my pants. I need quality and a shop/place that gives a damn.
PM me when you get a chance I may be able to help

You should probably expect a few PMs from Niketalkers tonight :lol:

Back
Top Bottom