Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Found a ton of Ermenegildo Zegna and Brioni ties at a local goodwill. Worth it to cop and flip? Some of these are kind of out there with the designs :lol:
more than likely yes. I would suggest buying a couple and then seeing what you get.
i've run into my share of high end ties and whenever i check em out on eBay, they can go from $5-45. no clue what makes certain ones better than the other but i'd try at least one or two at and see what happens.

Btw, flipped those second sz 15 AE mcallisters already :smokin
First pair $10 investment- sold for $50.
Second pair $10 investment- sold for $60
I love this thrifting stuff :smile:

Last edited:
Yup, had mines for about 4 years :lol:

Old pic of the jacket, joint looks better with times, as the wear&tear settled in.

:pimp:

dressing better does NOT mean you have to get rid of you kicks, fellas. Stop spreading that rumor.

reading through this thread (which I have been for quite some time) I see a lot of guys seem to think that now they are dressing better they need to get rid of their kicks or stop wearing them so much. People asking how often others wear kicks etc. You don't HAVE to, That's all I'm saying. You can still dress better in your Js, Lebrons, Nike Retros, whatever.

Yup, had mines for about 4 years :lol:

Old pic of the jacket, joint looks better with times, as the wear&tear settled in.

:pimp:

dressing better does NOT mean you have to get rid of you kicks, fellas. Stop spreading that rumor.

QFT although I will say that some kicks definitely fit the agenda better. For instance, I wouldn't wear the 5's that ksteezy is wearing because they're rather bulky + popping tongues is not my thing. Kicks with a slimmer silhouette like Nike trainers (AM1s etc) look good though.

reading through this thread (which I have been for quite some time) I see a lot of guys seem to think that now they are dressing better they need to get rid of their kicks or stop wearing them so much. People asking how often others wear kicks etc. You don't HAVE to, That's all I'm saying. You can still dress better in your Js, Lebrons, Nike Retros, whatever.
Hi. Just an FYI: Pierre Hardy sneakers are OK at best. Wouldn't pay retail for them, and quality inferior to Lanvin and Margiela for sure.

I no longer wear Nikes and Jordans, but still have sneakers.

Last edited:
Hi. Just an FYI: Pierre Hardy sneakers are OK at best. Wouldn't pay retail for them, and quality inferior to Lanvin and Margiela for sure.

What you wear to work out?

What you wear to work out?
I believe Wis said he uses Asics to run in

i actually really like that AE jacket, diggin the beat up look. i'll have to keep an eye out for a sale.

ended up ordering a faux leather jacket from urban outfitters. i really don't need anything super high quality and can't fathom spending $500+ on a decent one. i'll have to see how the quality is when it comes in, still iffy on whether or not i'll keep it.

Not a big deal but you said "stop spreading that rumor" that you have to get rid of sneakers to dress better. The vast majority of the time when it's come up people have said they still have sneakers and incorporate them, most of it is toned down though. I have an issue with seeing Lebrons incorporated though. :tongue:

You just made it seem like people in here are trying to influence others into getting rid of sneakers which isn't true. Buying more dress shoes & boots doesn't necessarily mean that.

I believe Wis said he uses Asics to run in
Correct. I use running shoe brands like Brooks, Asics, etc that are sold at running specific shoe stores. I used Nike before, but was not a fan of their running shoes. I do have a pair of Zoom Kobe IVs to hoop in though.

Not a big deal but you said "stop spreading that rumor" that you have to get rid of sneakers to dress better. The vast majority of the time when it's come up people have said they still have sneakers and incorporate them, most of it is toned down though. I have an issue with seeing Lebrons incorporated though. :tongue:

You just made it seem like people in here are trying to influence others into getting rid of sneakers which isn't true. Buying more dress shoes & boots doesn't necessarily mean that.

I've seen guys in this thread mention getting rid of their sneakers, however, I'll just say I stand corrected! :tongue: I'll say that because I don't think it was explicitly stated that you NEEDED to get rid of them to "dress better"

Just from a female perspective, we don't mind when guys where tennis shoes but yes I do agree that buying more dress shoes and boots is necessary. Grown men who wear tennis shoes everyday is... well... eh. Kind shows immaturity. I mean I get if you running errands etc. but if you going to brunch, dinner dates, movie dates, etc then you shouldn't be in tennis shoes. I mean you can, but not EVERY date.

Lebrons Xs are meh, but I think the 7-9s go well with tapered/fitted jeans :smile:

I've seen guys in this thread mention getting rid of their sneakers, however, I'll just say I stand corrected! :tongue: I'll say that because I don't think it was explicitly stated that you NEEDED to get rid of them to "dress better"

Just from a female perspective, we don't mind when guys where tennis shoes but yes I do agree that buying more dress shoes and boots is necessary. Grown men who wear tennis shoes everyday is... well... eh. Kind shows immaturity. I mean I get if you running errands etc. but if you going to brunch, dinner dates, movie dates, etc then you shouldn't be in tennis shoes. I mean you can, but not EVERY date.

Lebrons Xs are meh, but I think the 7-9s go well with tapered/fitted jeans :smile:

I agree with you to some extent. And sure, there are some who've gotten rid of their sneakers, particularly Nikes. I just responded to your comment that seemed to pretty clearly insinuate that people in this thread were completely opposed to and stating that you needed to get rid of your sneakers to dress better.

Oh yeah, I still disagree on Lebrons and most newer models of basketball sneakers (non-retro). Too sport specific to me but that's my opinion.

Last edited:
LBJ 7-9 with fitted jeans? 8's are just as bulky as the 10's.. :x
to each his/her own i guess, just not my thing

I still have large portion of my collection but I mean monday through friday it's impossible for me to wear them. Part of the reason why I haven't given up my kicks is because I worked so hard to get them through high school and college. My shoe buying has slowed down a lot though.

LBJ 7-9 with fitted jeans? 8's are just as bulky as the 10's.. :x
to each his/her own i guess, just not my thing
I can see retro sneakers working well, but modern silhouettes are horrible to me to wear for any purpose than hooping.

Also, there are more than two types of footwear: dress shoes and sneakers. There are casual shoes aka bluchers that fill the gap extremely well. Not all plain toes or Wingtips are dress shoes.

Last edited:
I still have large portion of my collection but I mean monday through friday it's impossible for me to wear them. Part of the reason why I haven't given up my kicks is because I worked so hard to get them through high school and college. My shoe buying has slowed down a lot though.
Nothing wrong with keeping them for show, man. We know RFX doesn't wear shoes under $1k, but he still has his Nikes and Js for nostalgia reasons.

I personally sold my nice sneakers at the right time and was able to make some profit from them. These Jordans are too troublesome to get now. I recall going to the mall on Wednesday or Saturday morning at 6am and you were able to get your retro XIs fine back in the early 2000s in high school.

That fit that ksteezy is wearing is nice, but not really "dressing better" IMO. If he removed the hoodie and went with a more simple sneaker, then that to me would be better. But if he wasn't going out anywhere important then that fit is very nice.
Me personally, no Lebrons can be worn in the " dressing better" category. Sorry.

I never thought this would work, but I love the look. In my head, jeans with stacks and jacket with tie sound wrong...but I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:
I never thought this would work, but I love the look. In my head, jeans with stacks and jacket with tie sound wrong...but I guess I was wrong.
Being that this is something right up my alley :lol: I would say dope, but i just cant get down with the stacks :rolleyes
that's just me though

^ I have to agree with Adrian, there is WAY too much stacking going on with those jeans that Rob is wearing in the picture.Everything else on his fit is on point and that stacking just throws off the entire silhouette for me.

Thought I'd share my watches.
Left to right:
Infiniti
Timex
Timex
Skagen
G-shock (rugged work watch)
G-shock

FYI, I don't wear the 25th Anniversary g-shock anymore, if anyone wants it let me know.

^
About to pull the trigger on a timex weekender, where's a good place to get extra bands?

If anyone's looking for some decent plain colored hoodies, Hanes has em on sale for $18 right now. And an extra 20% off on one with 85624 or 10% off the order with 88050.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom