Dressing Better Vol 2.0

RFX45, where did you get that shoe rack man? How much

Got mine from Target for around $20-$30 iirc.

I had the same rack. That actually is 3 stacked up. It's from Walmart. Honestly, it's so cheaply made, I chucked it after a year. If I ever moved it/pulled out a pair too fast, one of the bars would fall apart. Such a hassle..

No way, you must have a different rack. This one is pretty solid, I actually have to hammer this thing together, the metal has to be wedged into the white part and then hammer the white parts together and it is pretty solid. It doesn't feel that stable, seems like it is going to tip over but it never does as long it's full of shoes and you put it by the wall like I did and it feels much secure. I honestly never had a problem in the year I've had this, when I wanted to move the shoe rack to a different side of the wall, I managed to lift the whole rack while full of shoes and it didn't fall apart at all.

Good stuff, man.

Buy off season and you're golden. Now is a good time to stock up on winter stuff and keep it in your closet until next year.

This concept definitely did not work in high school for us. If your gear was off season then other dudes would clown on you for shopping at Marshalls and the likes.
Yeah off season is the perfect time to rack up on different items, I'm a sucker for SS button ups so I had to scoop as many as they had 
laugh.gif
 and for $10? Count me in all day.

Really thinking about getting a pair of their Chukkas they had in store.

What's a traditionally acceptable pocket square color to go along with black tie attire (midnight blue tux, black bow tie, white shirt)? Some people leave out the square and wear a flower, and others just wear white. Is it okay to wear other colors?

What's a traditionally acceptable pocket square color to go along with black tie attire (midnight blue tux, black bow tie, white shirt)? Some people leave out the square and wear a flower, and others just wear white. Is it okay to wear other colors?

It's hard to mess this one up, you can literally use almost any color pocket square

^ I disagree. In a black tie setting I'd stick with a white pocket square, and save the other ones for less formal events.

^ I disagree. In a black tie setting I'd stick with a white pocket square, and save the other ones for less formal events.

I mean unless you're wearing something outrageous like a peacock pocket square you'll be fine :lol:

I've been to several black tie events and I've worn a light blue, orange, or purple square and gotten plenty of compliments

Going to my law school prom fairly soon, and trying to come up with something. I have plenty of suits, but I don't want to go that route for the second year in a row. I was thinking of a midnight velvet blazer, with black or blue trousers (neither will be velvet material), white shirt, and a fairly conservative tie or bow-tie since the fabric of the blazer is so prominent. Any thoughts, suggestions, or alternatives?

Going to my law school prom fairly soon, and trying to come up with something. I have plenty of suits, but I don't want to go that route for the second year in a row. I was thinking of a midnight velvet blazer, with black or blue trousers (neither will be velvet material), white shirt, and a fairly conservative tie or bow-tie since the fabric of the blazer is so prominent. Any thoughts, suggestions, or alternatives?
Pictures of the blazer?

the digi camo bow tie aint too bad.  was considering getting this camo bow tie from thetiebar.  they also have a regular skinny tie version

BW030_t.jpg
23422_t.jpg

Stopped by Barneys to check out some of the new spring/summer stuff and I see more camo. I saw a nice blue Gant chino, J. Brand camo jacket in the silhouette of a trucker jacket, and others.

For those of you that have had your trousers tapered, does your tailor open up both sides or just one? Have you ever found that the creases aren't centered when you get them back?

For those of you that have had your trousers tapered, does your tailor open up both sides or just one? Have you ever found that the creases aren't centered when you get them back?
She opens up the back by the calf area. Never had an issue with crease not lining up.

Back
Top Bottom