Dressing Better Vol 2.0

WINTER TIME!!!!!

nice fits and concepts. Id rock most of those. Only thing is that to me the fit seems like it would only be practical for pictures lol. Seems if I tried walking too fast in those clothes they'd rip

Not really, I've ran in some of my clothing like that. If it fits properly and it's not ridiculously tight there's no reason it should rip

A good example is actually Joseph Gordon-Levitt, check out his late night show appearances, dude keeps it slim and practically skin tight in all his interviews and press tours and never seem to have a problem.

WINTER TIME!!!!!

nice fits and concepts. Id rock most of those. Only thing is that to me the fit seems like it would only be practical for pictures lol. Seems if I tried walking too fast in those clothes they'd rip

Not really, I've ran in some of my clothing like that. If it fits properly and it's not ridiculously tight there's no reason it should rip

A good example is actually Joseph Gordon-Levitt, check out his late night show appearances, dude keeps it slim and practically skin tight in all his interviews and press tours and never seem to have a problem.
Agreed. I saw a picture from one of his interviews and he definitely likes his clothes skin tight, but he wears it very well.

Double post:

Rugged Footwear Challenge:

J. Crew Stuff that was mentioned before (dress for wife, cashmere sweater for mom-in-law's birthday)

Agreed. I saw a picture from one of his interviews and he definitely likes his clothes skin tight, but he wears it very well.

true, good points, I agree, it is very flattering on some people and it really comes down to preference really. I have some levis 510s and very trim shirts and clothing too, but for some reason I am liking the classic look better now, slim but with a little breathing room. I guess the GQ pics are aimed at those going for the skin tight look.

Btw, that tartan print green/navy plaid peacoat pictured above the GQ pics is so smooth..I need one of those!

Last edited:
I agree here. I actually had the crotch of my pants split before because I wanted to mimic the GQ look. The same for shirts. I've 'Hulked' a shirt due to how tight it was. I couldn't even do a full u turn with one whip of the steering wheel because I didn't have enough room in the shoulders :lol: Rookie mistakes, you live and you learn.

Today:

I agree here. I actually had the crotch of my pants split before because I wanted to mimic the GQ look. The same for shirts. I've 'Hulked' a shirt due to how tight it was. I couldn't even do a full u turn with one whip of the steering wheel because I didn't have enough room in the shoulders :lol: Rookie mistakes, you live and you learn.

Today:

well, now you are a Vet bro! Yeah, not being able to drive is def a risk that I am not willing to take!

Need a dope pair of brown leather gloves, I like the shade Beckham is wearing in those pics or even more lighter is cool..

Those Allen Edmonds Strands making me salivate...

how do you size on those bad boys? and are they comfortable? i hate when dress shoes cut into the back of my heel.. (i put bandaids on my heels to help a bit)

Some recent fits.. This thread has taught me to always look good.. It gets you far in the professional setting and the ladies just appreciate a dapper young gentlemen..

Last edited:
Double post:

Rugged Footwear Challenge:

J. Crew Stuff that was mentioned before (dress for wife, cashmere sweater for mom-in-law's birthday)

Dope boots my man. Info?

Some recent fits.. This thread has taught me to always look good.. It gets you far in the professional setting and the ladies just appreciate a dapper young gentlemen..

Welcome to the thread man! It's certainly important to look good in a professional but it's always in your best interest to try and always look good because you never know who you'll run into.

Dope boots my man. Info?
Welcome to the thread man! It's certainly important to look good in a professional but it's always in your best interest to try and always look good because you never know who you'll run into.

Thanks man, they are from Nordstrom's line, 1901. I got them at Nordstrom Rack about a year back and have seen them there still, I think they are about $50 or $60 at the Rack.

Today:

Love that cardigan man.

I'm trying to step up my game for the workplace.

What are brands for good dress pants? I've been looking at some jcrew pants on ebay. I'm a 28 waist if that matters. (I will get my pants tapered and hem. I usually give them a pants that fits really nice and they make it fit exactly the same).

^def agree with jumpmankb, the slim tailored dresspants from Banana Republic are a great option, esp if you can stack some of their discounts which run biweekly. They are slim throughout and taper down to the leg opening. I have a pair in sz 30 and the leg opening is like 7.5 inches or something.

Just a heads up to you guys who use Groupon, they have a deal out for Kenneth Cole Melton Line Coats, they have the Car Coat or Peacoat with the bib for $59

Thoughts on the Roshe Run as a "dressing better" sneaker? I've had my eye on these for a while and thinking about getting a pair.

Thoughts on the Roshe Run as a "dressing better" sneaker? I've had my eye on these for a while and thinking about getting a pair.

I am partial to Roshe Run's since I have a pair. But if you check the The Sartorialist, GQ, and other blogs Running shoes with a minimalist silhouette are really popular now. Personally I like the look when dressed down. KSteezy does it all the time. I would definitely buy a pair because they are comfortable.

But remember, Dressing Better is not a knock on another style. Its dressing for the occasion, having proper fit, and feeling good about yourself. If you like the Roshe Run's then grab them.

I am partial to Roshe Run's since I have a pair. But if you check the The Sartorialist, GQ, and other blogs Running shoes with a minimalist silhouette are really popular now. Personally I like the look when dressed down. KSteezy does it all the time. I would definitely buy a pair because they are comfortable.

But remember, Dressing Better is not a knock on another style. Its dressing for the occasion, having proper fit, and feeling good about yourself. If you like the Roshe Run's then grab them.

Nice. I remember reading about how the Free Run 2s were pretty popular at a (relatively) recent fashion week. Will probably get these just because I've been looking for a red pair of sneakers for a while now. Also because one of my friends swears by these shoes.

Last edited:
I love the Flyknits, especially the trainers. i blame ksteezy, but I need a pair :frown:

Flyknits murder free run 2s in both comfort and style IMO. I have multiple pairs in both but I never wore free run 2s again after getting flyknits.

I don't doubt it. So mad I slept on those, could have gotten them for cheap too...the new version of the flyknits (Flyknit One) don't look nearly as nice as the trainer. Crossing my fingers for a restock on ndc.

Back
Top Bottom