Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Never owned anything from J Crew.. how do the pants/shorts fit as compared to Levis? (Sorry that's the only example I could think of)

Shorts fit pretty much as you'd expect, alittle slimmer than your average shorts but not too tight.

For pants... well it depends which ones you're talking about. There are several different models.

Sorry for the 4 posts in a row by the way guys :\

not feeling those recent fragments x cole haan so much

im gonna head up to cole haan soho and see what other lunargrands they have in person

Been getting a lot of compliments on the strands :pimp:

Very well done from what I can see.

Been getting a lot of compliments on the strands :pimp:

Strands are :pimp: . Outfit is looking clean my man. Way to put those purchases to work. I tend to sit on items for too long before breaking them out. That's one thing I wanna change in 2013

I gotta start contributing in here more.....
mean.gif
 I'm a straight lurk monster in this joint.

It's finally cold enough to start busting out some layers though, so i'll post some pics when I can.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who it was that posted those blue dress pants but I saw this post from Neofinitia on Styleforum and thought of you. They look pretty nice in my opinion.

I'm not sure who it was that posted those blue dress pants but I saw this post from Neofinitia on Styleforum and thought of you. They look pretty nice in my opinion.

Neo is on a whole level by himself though. He wears stuff that would make Kanye's skirt look tamed :lol:

Weather is nice this week, hitting high 70s and low 80s Fahrenheit still.

Word to Cam, Carmina gave the green light to order purple boots!

How cold is cold? It's 9° here in Ohio with a real feel of -5° :x

19 here in KY,the wind chill makes it feel like 11...Too cold to venture out of the house,this is ridiculous Friday and Saturday it was warm enough to play golf...

Neo is on a whole level by himself though. He wears stuff that would make Kanye's skirt look tamed :lol:

Weather is nice this week, hitting high 70s and low 80s Fahrenheit still.

Word to Cam, Carmina gave the green light to order purple boots!

Agreed. My dude Neo has been killing it.

That 80 degree weather must be nice, I damn near froze walking to class today :smh:

Kind of a dumb question, but what exactly is done to a suit jacket when the sides are taken in? I know the sides are "taken in" I'm curious about the process and what exactly they do to it.

My tailor used small chalk marks to mark where I wanted the adjustments to be made. He folded over the excess fabric on both sides of the suit jacket and pinned it together with pins. It's kind of hard to explain. :lol:

I asked questions but I forgot what he said.

Those strands are awesome. I want a pair in the brown burnished calf.

^ I have gotten a suit jacket let out before at the waist. I believe it's a similar process. Basically what you describe is the tailor marking how much you would like the suit to be taken in and how it would end up fitting. They cut open the jacket by the waist and I'm assuming they will pull in the excess fabric or cut off (depending on how much) then stitch it back together.

You won't notice a thing. Unless you're letting out a suit jacket. When letting out, the fabric was once stitched so by letting it out you might see holes or tiny marks on the fabric near the area where the waist was let out. (Dry clean / iron might take it out but I'm not sure).

Last edited:
Kind of a dumb question, but what exactly is done to a suit jacket when the sides are taken in? I know the sides are "taken in" I'm curious about the process and what exactly they do to it.

My tailor used small chalk marks to mark where I wanted the adjustments to be made. He folded over the excess fabric on both sides of the suit jacket and pinned it together with pins. It's kind of hard to explain. :lol:

I asked questions but I forgot what he said.

The tailor pins it to where he would eventually saw it up, it's a marker. Pretty much what the tailor does is open it up from the inside (this include removing the lining) and then he let's it loose and close it up on the new marks/pinned down part hence becoming smaller. Does that make sense?

Here's a good pic illustration/guide of how it is done, though it is on a blazer sleeves, it is practically the same process: http://www.extrapetite.com/2012/01/diy-blazer-alterations-tutorial.html

This isn't necessarily dressing better but i didn't know where else to turn.

anyone know where i can get this basquiat tee?

a5bc9_1263595.jpg

The tailor pins it to where he would eventually saw it up, it's a marker. Pretty much what the tailor does is open it up from the inside (this include removing the lining) and then he let's it loose and close it up on the new marks/pinned down part hence becoming smaller. Does that make sense?

Ahh makes sense. Repped.

nice fits and concepts. Id rock most of those. Only thing is that to me the fit seems like it would only be practical for pictures lol. Seems if I tried walking too fast in those clothes they'd rip

Eh, I've worn clothes that tight and even played some touch football once and nothing ripped.

nice fits and concepts. Id rock most of those. Only thing is that to me the fit seems like it would only be practical for pictures lol. Seems if I tried walking too fast in those clothes they'd rip

Quality of the clothing counts. Now I could see some h&m quality doing so....

Back
Top Bottom