Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Good Morning fellas.

Speaking of patterned suits. My thrift pickups. the first 2 suits are custom tom james suits. really love the look and feel of them. The blazer is a little small. but im loosing some weight and i know i can fit in these soon.
Im really digging the ralph lauren blazer also its a blend of wool and silk. seems like something i can wear for summer and winter. its black btw. not navy. I think the same guy that brought in those shoes i purchased a week ago was the same guy that brought in my recent thrift items.

Thin Finns are EXTREMELY tight man.It might be better that you have to go up a size. It will shrink when you wash them, but they will stretch right back out with wear. Most people I know that get Thin Finns size up anyway.

@W I love that sportcoat but I'm pretty sure that's the most expensive thing I've seen from J Crew! :x

he's looking at a non-raw pair though. there won't be much if any stretch or shrinkage at all.

Nice fit. I'm not a fan of the sweater. Maybe a solid sweater in a brighter color to break up the earth tones.

I actually like the earth tones but that's probably because I have the same thing going on today which I'll try to get a fit pic in later. I'm in cognac wingtips, brown cords, a beige checked shirt and a lighter brown shawl neck sweater.

Speaking of patterned suits. My thrift pickups. the first 2 suits are custom tom james suits. really love the look and feel of them. The blazer is a little small. but im loosing some weight and i know i can fit in these soon.
Im really digging the ralph lauren blazer also its a blend of wool and silk. seems like something i can wear for summer and winter. its black btw. not navy. I think the same guy that brought in those shoes i purchased a week ago was the same guy that brought in my recent thrift items.

Dude I saw those suits but they didn't fit me.

When we hoopin' bruh?

Last edited:
Thin Finns are EXTREMELY tight man.It might be better that you have to go up a size. It will shrink when you wash them, but they will stretch right back out with wear. Most people I know that get Thin Finns size up anyway.

@W I love that sportcoat but I'm pretty sure that's the most expensive thing I've seen from J Crew! :x

he's looking at a non-raw pair though. there won't be much if any stretch or shrinkage at all.

No, they're not raw, but they're 98% cotton. Like anything that's majority cotton, they will shrink if washed with warm water and they will stretch with wear.

Appreciate the critique fellas, as for the pants I've been loosing weight,
so most of my pants are loose. I put on a belt after the pic was taken.

Dude I saw those suits but they didn't fit me.

When we hoopin' bruh?

i dont even hoop anymore man. lost the love to play to be honest. tried to come back and play after a year a month ago.. i didnt have it anymore lol. it was weird.

Tried my hand at thrifting today....best thing I saw was an Arnold Palmer suit :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
nudies are also sanforized. shrinking will be negligible. if someone knows how to do laundry correctly shrinking on all clothes can be kept to a minimum

Exactly. I only mentioned shrinking because I know the first time I washed mine I did it with luke warm water and air dried them, and they shrunk alittle bit.

The shrinking is minimal, but it is still worth mentioning. :smile:

So I got my paints tailored.. and when he was pinning my pants, I had him pin it super skinny.. without realizing how skinny it was actually gonna be. :smh:

Got the pants back and they were super skinny status. Should I call it a loss and buy new pants? Or pay to have him widen it?

So I got my paints tailored.. and when he was pinning my pants, I had him pin it super skinny.. without realizing how skinny it was actually gonna be. :smh:

Got the pants back and they were super skinny status. Should I call it a loss and buy new pants? Or pay to have him widen it?

That is entirely your call. It's hard to say without seeing how they actually fit. Depending on how much the cost of the pants+tailoring was would also be a huge factor.

Not sure it can be widened or let out, that requires extra fabric that has been likely cut off. Depending on how your tailor did it,t here should be very little fabric left to let it out but that is usually very minimal and cutting and sewing that close to the edge could affect the quality of the work.

youre probably SOL

That is entirely your call. It's hard to say without seeing how they actually fit. Depending on how much the cost of the pants+tailoring was would also be a huge factor.

Yeah, they fit really tight, so I don't know if it can really get widened at all. He said it would cost me about 10 dollars per pair to get widened, but I think I might just buy a new pair
and go for round 2. They were only a pair of Photographer pants from Express..

Not sure it can be widened or let out, that requires extra fabric that has been likely cut off. Depending on how your tailor did it,t here should be very little fabric left to let it out but that is usually very minimal and cutting and sewing that close to the edge could affect the quality of the work.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about as well. It looked like there wasn't really much extra fabric to let it out...

youre probably SOL

Kinda what I figured. Oh well, a learning experience. :x

Back
Top Bottom