Dressing Better Vol 2.0

The quest for an affordable pair of wool dress pants is stressful. BR has a 30% off sale today, but they don't have the color I want in my size.
Uniqlo has 100% wool trousers on sale for 29, but of course not in my size.

Has anyone heard of JB Britches? Affordable price, and it's a wool/cashmere blend in my size. But there's no telling how these fit. They look like they'll fit like a lot of the older gentlemen wear their pants.
The description says they're unhemmed so hemming will be a must anyway. But if they fit too loose there isn't a whole lot the tailor can do

Here's a pic and a link. I'll be getting them in grey.

so i have these old bootcut jeans i want to taper. 16 inches at the knee break and 19 inches at the leg opening.

how many inches should i make the leg opening? planning on just wearing with like vans and chucks
unless these jeans have some sentimental value to you or something you are probably better off just buying a new pair

I have a grey/charcoal vest from Express (woll/polyester) that I'd like to wear with navy/blue jeans or maybe even black jeans for a friends 25th bday with a bunch of friends. It's dressy/casual event but I like to look halfway decent.

I'm trying to put together an outfit with the vest + tie but I want something new and fun. Guys have any suggestions for vests and colors to go with?

Need inspiration.

something similar to this is what I like...but my vest isn't brown..
charcoal is probably one easiest colors to work with. you could literally close your eyes and point at a rainbow and it will probably look fine. dont do those black jeans though.
it would also help us if you posted actual pics of the items you already have so we know what you're working with

Last edited:
unless these jeans have some sentimental value to you or something you are probably better off just buying a new pair
Yeah. My tailor would charge about $60 for a full recut. Leg opening of 6.5" to 7.5" would be slim, depending on your physique. Also factor in if you want no break or some for the inseam.

Help me dress better lol.

Im looking for a sportcoat but have no idea about sizes.

Im 6ft 150.
Small frame.

How should it fit also.

now that i think about it theyre prolly smaller than 19" at the opening when they are hemmed cause im short as hell but judging by whats being said itll still be too big

im cool with ditching them tho, figured id ask in here anyways. thanks

Last edited:
J Crew question, I've been looking for the jacket but I cannot find it on the JCREW website:

description:

JCrew Georgetown, they had a green parka (excuse my misuse if that's the case) with an orange lining and had a metal clip closure like this (http://www.penfield.com/us/aquinnah-navy-w12), I haven't been able to find it online and I'm not sure if it was a Fall/Winter 2012 or Spring/Summer 2013 jacket

It was rather light so it didn't seem to be from the fall/winter collection, I may be mistaken, but if anyone could shed some light on the make, I completely forgot the name.

It was a collaboration piece ending with "Co." and the price was 288$

any help would be great, would not like to take the trip to DC again just for this.

SERG, U GET A CHANCE TO CHECK FOR THOSE PRINTED ENYCE BUTTON DOWNS YET?

SEE GUYS WE ARE AHEAD OF DA GAME; BACK IN STYLE:

LOL

I STILL NEED THE ROCKS $900 SHIRT THOUGH

J Crew question, I've been looking for the jacket but I cannot find it on the JCREW website:
description:
JCrew Georgetown, they had a green parka (excuse my misuse if that's the case) with an orange lining and had a metal clip closure like this (http://www.penfield.com/us/aquinnah-navy-w12), I haven't been able to find it online and I'm not sure if it was a Fall/Winter 2012 or Spring/Summer 2013 jacket

It was rather light so it didn't seem to be from the fall/winter collection, I may be mistaken, but if anyone could shed some light on the make, I completely forgot the name.

It was a collaboration piece ending with "Co." and the price was 288$

any help would be great, would not like to take the trip to DC again just for this.

I saw the jacket yesterday in the store. Its new.
Call them up if you can't find it online.

Last edited:
SERG, U GET A CHANCE TO CHECK FOR THOSE PRINTED ENYCE BUTTON DOWNS YET?

SEE GUYS WE ARE AHEAD OF DA GAME; BACK IN STYLE:

LOL

I STILL NEED THE ROCKS $900 SHIRT THOUGH

What was the verdict on that shirt The Rock was wearing ie what brand made it and who makes similar shirts?

What's the difference between these and Longwing Bluchers? Curious to know as I've never heard of Alden 'Walkers' before.
well, alden all weather walkers are a standard style they've done forever as a plain toe blucher using a alpine scotch grain leather on a plantation crepe sole.

this is just the longwing style of it, using the same leather and sole.

Last edited:
well, alden all weather walkers are a standard style they've done forever as a plain toe blucher using a alpine scotch grain leather on a plantation crepe sole.

this is just the longwing style of it, using the same leather and sole.
Cool stuff. I missed the crepe sole on the LWB picture. Unique make up.

charcoal is probably one easiest colors to work with. you could literally close your eyes and point at a rainbow and it will probably look fine. dont do those black jeans though.
it would also help us if you posted actual pics of the items you already have so we know what you're working with

Vest (it's a bit darker then shown in the picture

Shirts to choose from...

Purple, Blue, Red

Turquoise, Green, Navy

Various Grey's & combo of grey, white, with red piping

tie suggestions with shirt would be helpful I have like 30+ ties I'm sure I can make whatever work

^Dude, you gotta venture out from express a little. I have some pieces from there, but it looks like your whole "dressing better" wardrobe is from there. check out gap/jcrew/zara/h&m/bananarepublic too.
With your selection though, I'd go with that purple gingham.

Today's fit (layering challenge iirc):

stuck in the 30's out here in NJ....really need to cop some gloves

Back
Top Bottom