Dressing Better Vol 2.0

We have almost perfect weather. It's rare when I'm fact it does hit 110, and it's only a week or two.

Trust, you don't want the heat and humidity that "plagues" the rest if the US. I wouldn't say "soft" though, we are just acclimated and spoiled. Peeps stay being down low jelly. I went snowboarding today, yet my Instagram timeline was flooded with friend pics of them by a pool or at the beach. Think about it. :wink:
Me and George are from the valley though.

I'd go to work in a wife beater and linen trousers if I can during the summer time.

Humidity is the worst, hands down....makes you sweaty and feel sticky.

Yeah, humidity is not appreciated at all. Sure, I probably won't ever get chapped lips and dry skin in the early morning, but wearing anything close to my neck is :x

Love the fit today Adrian, nice and simple.

I'm with you on the gloves, I've been saying it all winter :lol:

By the time I get some nice ones, I'll have a week to wear them before it's spring :lol:

charcoal is probably one easiest colors to work with. you could literally close your eyes and point at a rainbow and it will probably look fine. dont do those black jeans though.
it would also help us if you posted actual pics of the items you already have so we know what you're working with

Vest (it's a bit darker then shown in the picture

Shirts to choose from...

Purple, Blue, Red

Turquoise, Green, Navy

Various Grey's & combo of grey, white, with red piping

tie suggestions with shirt would be helpful I have like 30+ ties I'm sure I can make whatever work

Go with the purple or blue. Stick with a solid or muted pattern tie because your shirt is busy enough. Please stop buying multiple shirts of the same in different color. Take your time and browse the thread. You can learn a lot about patterns and colors.

Check out the guides below.

http://www.gq.com.au/style/editors+pick/16+best+shirts+and+ties,11457

http://blog.brooksbrothers.com/the-answers/how-to/mixed-right-or-all-mixed-up/

quick question for you guys, i have a pair of new raw denim that im cuffing about an inch, the cuff seems to almost flap around when i wear them, is there anyway to really prevent that? do you think that if i iron the cuff flat against the leg itll hold better? any opinions are welcome, thanks!

What I mean by "Stop buying the same shirt in different colors"

Its OK to have a favorite pattern. But mix it up. Let one be a button down collar, the other a spread, another an oxford, the other with french cuffs. But the same shirt, just remixed with a different color, nahhhh. The only repeat color shirts you should have are solid blue and whites.

quick question for you guys, i have a pair of new raw denim that im cuffing about an inch, the cuff seems to almost flap around when i wear them, is there anyway to really prevent that? do you think that if i iron the cuff flat against the leg itll hold better? any opinions are welcome, thanks!
Post a pic of how much they are flapping. It seems the opening may be too large.

SERG, U GET A CHANCE TO CHECK FOR THOSE PRINTED ENYCE BUTTON DOWNS YET?

SEE GUYS WE ARE AHEAD OF DA GAME; BACK IN STYLE:

LOL

I STILL NEED THE ROCKS $900 SHIRT THOUGH

What was the verdict on that shirt The Rock was wearing ie what brand made it and who makes similar shirts?

HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO WATCH THE DOC WHERE THE ROCK VISITS THE SHOP IN FLORIDA.

SOON.

INSERT SOON.JPEG

Good looks

This is the friendliest hate free thread on nt lol
And we aim to keep it that way. Anyone is welcome here as long as they are respectful to others.

^Dude, you gotta venture out from express a little. I have some pieces from there, but it looks like your whole "dressing better" wardrobe is from there. check out gap/jcrew/zara/h&m/bananarepublic too.
With your selection though, I'd go with that purple gingham.

Today's fit (layering challenge iirc):

stuck in the 30's out here in NJ....really need to cop some gloves
Agreed. Express is a good starting point but a lot of other stuff to try out in similar price range as well.

Adrian getting fancy with the backdrop :lol:. Good outfit, man.

Copped this blazer from J. Crew with the 40% off...

Pleasantly surprised to see it in the salesection, as I was eyeing this piece for the longest, so I had to hop on it.

8)

Went to the suitsupply shop on Broome St.

My experience:
Arrived about 2pm on Sunday
The shop was fairly busy
Was greeted by a salesperson quickly (Martel), who was easy to work with
Told him my situation (needed versatile suit, navy, fitted but not too trendy)
Guessed my size right (40L) and showed me London, Napoli and some other model
Tried on the Napoli, jacket fit PERFECT to me (only thing to even consider was to take in waist slightly, but the jacket fit slim without it)
Waist need to be taken out some (I'm 34 waist) and legs needed to be hemmed for slight break (I'm 6'3")
Leg though the thigh is a little snug (squats once a week), and knee down is cut slim but not closely tapered

About $500 otd, left the shop around 3:30pm

Overall GREAT experience, very happy with the service (very personable staff, were offered refreshments multiple times) and how I look in the suit
NOTE: this is only my third suit, so I won't comment on quality; I took a risk and trusted other online reviews

I'll try to post photos, but I don't really have a full length mirror...

Last edited:
Lmao at scenery comments. Bros, I've been taking pics at some outside spot adjacent to my residence hall for better lighting. I just keep standing in slightly different areas to avoid shadows :lol:

Copped this blazer from J. Crew with the 40% off...

Pleasantly surprised to see it in the salesection, as I was eyeing this piece for the longest, so I had to hop on it.

8)
Thought about it. Had it in my cart. Came to realize its a 3 button which doesn't really work for me

I keep hearing mixed reviews about the Napoli's fit. Some say it's the loosest fit they have and others say it's one of the slimmest.

Did you try on the Lazio?

I visited my girlfriend in Austin, Texas for valentine's day. I had an outfit ready to go but switched bags last minute and ended up forgetting a tie and belt :smh:
Had to throw something together with what I had so I kept it simple.

On a side note: Anyone thinking of visiting Austin, do it! It was my first time there and I loved the city.

I visited my girlfriend in Austin, Texas for valentine's day. I had an outfit ready to go but switched bags last minute and ended up forgetting a tie and belt :smh:
Had to throw something together with what I had so I kept it simple.

On a side note: Anyone thinking of visiting Austin, do it! It was my first time there and I loved the city.

Nice fit! It's clean and simple.

Your girl is :pimp: btw, good work pleighboi 8)

I keep hearing mixed reviews about the Napoli's fit. Some say it's the loosest fit they have and others say it's one of the slimmest.

Did you try on the Lazio?

Def not the loosest. The London was very relaxed, as was the other model I tried (forget the name). I believe Washignton is the slimmest model, then the Napoli (forgot to ask this though)

I have a relatively athletic build (mainly in chest, legs, and back), so the Napoli felt slim enough to me without looking/feeling uncomfortable. FWIW tightly fitted/"skinny" suits are not really my style

Last edited:
To the poster earlier, I'm not a fan of those gingham shirts. They look kind of cheap, and the pattern is a little too recycled.

Maybe go for a micro-gingham pattern instead?

Back
Top Bottom