Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I've been looking for a few sites that give a detailed look at how the pants would go with the suit. But most pictures only show a front facing view of the pants. Any idea where I can find some side angles? I'm guessing that's probably what I'm going to need to bring along to show her. My guess is that she thinks I'm trying to have trousers that fit like skinny jeans the kids wear today, but that's not the case. I also fear she may be one of those tailors that are stuck in their habits and believe suits should look a certain way. It was hell getting her to get the damn jackets taken in enough. :lol:

i had the same issue when i got my first set of slacks tailored. the seamstress heemed and tapered the pants the way she though it should be while i was wearing them. as i was standing there i let her know i wanted the taper to be tighter at the leg opening but leave space through the calf and thigh. she pinned it and the results are below. same pants different looks. i also brought my shoes to the fitting to mak sure they looked right. hope this helps

I stopped by JC Penney to pick up apolka dot button-down that I had purchase online and I decided to the clearance section and I'm glad I did.  They had a lot of ties marked down to $5.00.  It might be worth your time to stop by your local JCP while they still have a good selection.  

i had the same issue when i got my first set of slacks tailored. the seamstress heemed and tapered the pants the way she though it should be while i was wearing them. as i was standing there i let her know i wanted the taper to be tighter at the leg opening but leave space through the calf and thigh. she pinned it and the results are below. same pants different looks. i also brought my shoes to the fitting to mak sure they looked right. hope this helps
Nice stuff man. I'll try to use this as an example.

NII and GAG, well done as always guys.

anyways wanted to let ya know i got my "cartier" bracelet :lol:

for 38$ its a pretty nice replica, comes with the screws and all...

btw my layering entry, didnt get a chance to post it the other day.

NII and GAG, well done as always guys.

anyways wanted to let ya know i got my "cartier" bracelet :lol:

for 38$ its a pretty nice replica, comes with the screws and all...

btw my layering entry, didnt get a chance to post it the other day.

Nice, bro. Did you get the men's version from that same seller (they have a separate listing for a men's version)? Or did you have to ask for a specific size? I'm worried the item they have listed at $38 is going to be too small.

Also, nice watch :smokin

Last edited:
I ordered a pair of these Ralph Lauren Saddleworth but then cancelled because I couldn't decided which version I liked better. They're only $99 at Journey's right now. Opinions? 

i just got the regular one, i got fairly small wrists, looked as if it wasnt goig to fit me, once i opened it, it fit like a charm on my wrist :pimp:

ksteezy,

any etsy links for cool wrist wear? i like the cloth ones youre wearing but, are they fairly adjustable?(my wrists are frail)

For all those that are looking for a good deal on the GQ magazine, $5 for one year subscribtion.  ONLY FOR 2 DAYS

Post your email addy and I will forward you the email for it.

Hook a brotha up: [email protected], thanks again

Today and my first entry into the current challenge:

Clean fit Wis (I need to cop a fair isle sweater), did something similar today too for my midterm presentation in my entrepreneurship class today:

Found my belt after these pictures since I saw the pants were sagging :lol:

Forgot to add, my layering entry for this challenge

Last edited:
i know a lot of people say that a charcoal suit and brown dress shoes works but i have to disagree. i think a suit that dark gray would look better with black shoes

Back
Top Bottom