Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Love that bracelet Steezy

@NCTwin those socks are awsome!

Thanks! Target. 3 pairs for $10. There's some cool ones there. I'll have to take a pic of the ones I have.

I think that bracelet is nice too.

Last edited:
Mannnnn my parent's house is colder than anything, space heater isn't doing much...at all. B.S. that the only day that was in the 70s/80s was the night I came in.
Welcome to the thunder-dome, man. I'm in my thermal gear with a blanket wrapped around listening to R&B songs myself.

If anyone is interested, Lands End is having a 30% sale, promo code and pins (QUALITY: 5312)(BUDDY: 3026). Solid trousers and chino's, bought a couple more Year' rounders, holding off on that ePaulet purchase (|I)

I need help NT fam.

I'll be representing my company (wine company) at a Academy Awards charity gala this weekend, pouring one of our wines. The crowd attending the event is wealthy, so they already clean up nice, but because it's in association with the academy awards, fools are gonna be showing up in tuxedos and full on gala attire. I've got a sponsor table, where I'll be pouring and speaking about the wine, so I'm not really going to be wandering around the space.

Never really been to this kind of event, so I'm clueless as to what to wear. In my head I was thinking:
- black button down shirt
- slim black slacks
- tan oxfords
- tie: No Clue

Am I gonna look like a fool NT? Or can someone provide some advice to lead me in the right direction?

I need help NT fam.

I'll be representing my company (wine company) at a Academy Awards charity gala this weekend, pouring one of our wines. The crowd attending the event is wealthy, so they already clean up nice, but because it's in association with the academy awards, fools are gonna be showing up in tuxedos and full on gala attire. I've got a sponsor table, where I'll be pouring and speaking about the wine, so I'm not really going to be wandering around the space.

Never really been to this kind of event, so I'm clueless as to what to wear. In my head I was thinking:
- black button down shirt
- slim black slacks
- tan oxfords
- tie: No Clue

Am I gonna look like a fool NT? Or can someone provide some advice to lead me in the right direction?
to be honest...yes you will look like a fool. black shirt is a no go. black pants and tan shoes is a big mistake too. you're there to sell and talk up your product so look the part. anything less than a suit and you will look horribly out of place if everyone else is rocking tuxes
+1 definition of fool. Man people gotta learn to break out of this idea of "black shirt is a go to"
Unless you are working at applebee's, burn that black shirt.

I agree with TypeR 1000% If people will be getting this dressy, get a suit. If your only shoe choice are tan oxfords, go with either light grey or navy blue.

All of this man. I wouldn't wear a black shirt or black pants with tan oxfords. Ever. Do you own any suits? Judging from how formal the event seems, a suit and/or tuxedo appears to be your only option, which is a good thing. You have to let us know what other options you have so that we can help you.

I don't think a black shirt is bad. Very unoriginal, yes (exactly why I refuse to wear one...the last time I went to Vegas, 4 out the 6 dudes in my group wore it in one night :smh: :rofl:)...but outright horrendous, no. Then again, I'm Southern European and Asian...we typically wear a lot of prints/colors that conservatively dressed Brits/Americans wouldn't dream of wearing :lol:

However, it is a very poor choice for the event you're attending. And wearing a black shirt with black pants is NOT acceptable in any culture. Straight up funeral/waiter attire.

Last edited:
Perfect weather for layering in SoCal today:

on point

There is literally no way to make a black shirt look good while layering.

all things are possible

NII and GAG, well done as always guys.

anyways wanted to let ya know i got my "cartier" bracelet :lol:

for 38$ its a pretty nice replica, comes with the screws and all...

Nice, bro. Did you get the men's version from that same seller (they have a separate listing for a men's version)? Or did you have to ask for a specific size? I'm worried the item they have listed at $38 is going to be too small.

Also, nice watch :smokin

I think I'm going to go with the Men's version. I asked the seller about sizing of the $38 one which I'm assumin will be 6.5" vs. the 7.5/8" of the men's one.

DSLRs make everything look remarkable.

I wasn't even a fan of those Love bracelets, now i haz the intrigue.

If anyone is interested, Lands End is having a 30% sale, promo code and pins (QUALITY: 5312)(BUDDY: 3026). Solid trousers and chino's, bought a couple more Year' rounders, holding off on that ePaulet purchase (|I)

To anyone that owns both, how much better are Howard Yount or Epaulet NY trousers compared to the much cheaper Lands End Year Round Wool Trousers?

If anyone is interested, Lands End is having a 30% sale, promo code and pins (QUALITY: 5312)(BUDDY: 3026). Solid trousers and chino's, bought a couple more Year' rounders, holding off on that ePaulet purchase (
tired.gif
)
^ Does this sale include shoes in particular the Allen Edmonds boot ?

DSLRs make everything look remarkable.

I wasn't even a fan of those Love bracelets, now i haz the intrigue.

:lol:

Thanks bros...honestly for 38$ it won't disappoint, hopefully one day I'll have the courage to drop the $ on the real thing.

Fake *** bracelets.. Are you serious bro?

Ray-J-Stare-VH1-For-the-Love-of-Ray-J.gif

:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom