Dressing Better Vol 2.0

For the bigger gentleman looking for fashion tips, if it hasnt been said already, check out chubstr.com.

Just ordered a charcoal suit and lavender dress shirt from indochino.com for $458 shipped. Not bad for fully customized clothing :smokin

For the bigger gentleman looking for fashion tips, if it hasnt been said already, check out chubstr.com.
Just ordered a charcoal suit and lavender dress shirt from indochino.com for $458 shipped. Not bad for fully customized clothing :smokin

Price is definitely not bad but I wouldn't quantify it as fully customized, at the end of the day there is nothing like true Bespoke. Second thank you for the link I'll be checking it out today as a bigger guy.

I have been browsing this thread since the last one and I am in a predicament and need some help. I recently started upping my wardrobe to a nicer more mature look and am having a hell of a time with plants/slacks.

My problem is this, I've always had large upper legs from playing a lot of sports so finding slim or fitted pants is a huge pain in the ***. I usually have to go up in waist size to get them to fit. Otherwise my legs are screaming for help. Then of course comes the issue of the pants being too large in the waist and fit weird. I recently purchased a pair of Express Photographer slacks and really like them a lot but of course the sizing is all whacky. I had to get them in a 36x30 when in reality a 34 would have fit in the waist nicely but the upper legs were too damn tight. Any tips or info on other pants to try out would be great.

Thanks in advance. 

Honestly your best option is to do what you did but then have a tailor take the pants in at the waist.

Keeping it super simple...(that's not a v-neck btw)

I need to figure out how to position my camera ala Steezy style...

7875401040_c6af933c0e_b.jpg

any of you guys have any slim fit pants that are under 30 bucks? Im on that college student budget lol. I squat too so I have tree trunks as legs... I might just go thrifting if I have too... On that hipster ish

Keeping it super simple...(that's not a v-neck btw)
I need to figure out how to position my camera ala Steezy style...
7875401040_c6af933c0e_b.jpg

bruh!...that top picture had me bugging :rofl: get the pants tapered and you are good to go....double rollin unless its above your ankles for the capri-esque type of look is a no go, at least IMO.

Last edited:
bruh!...that top picture had me bugging :rofl: get the pants tapered and you are good to go....double rollin unless its above your ankles for the capri-esque type of look is a no go, at least IMO.

lol the pants are tapered. It's just hard to see cause of the way I'm leaning on my table.

Unless you mean I should have them shortened? I intend on doing that, bought them and realized they're a bit longer than I like, I'm taking them in with a few pairs this week.

lol the pants are tapered. It's just hard to see cause of the way I'm leaning on my table.
Unless you mean I should have them shortened? I intend on doing that, bought them and realized they're a bit longer than I like, I'm taking them in with a few pairs this week.

sorry for the brainfart, yes shortened.

Son that white tee under that looks so bad and the double cuff on pants just finished it off :lol:. IMO don't get mad

I can't help the white tee. It's shaped like that cause both of my hands are up holding the camera.

It was a sunday morning...I wasn't about to throw on a white collar.

Son that white tee under that looks so bad and the double cuff on pants just finished it off :lol:. IMO don't get mad

I can't help the white tee. It's shaped like that cause both of my hands are up holding the camera.

It was a sunday morning...I wasn't about to throw on a white collar.

Sorry if it was asked before Eiddy but info on those shoes? I like how low key they are

any of you guys have any slim fit pants that are under 30 bucks? Im on that college student budget lol. I squat too so I have tree trunks as legs... I might just go thrifting if I have too... On that hipster ish
i got all of my pants from gap for less than $20. wait for that 30-40% off gap sale. #strugglingcollegestudentbudget

i got all of my pants from gap for less than $20. wait for that 30-40% off gap sale. #strugglingcollegestudentbudget

yea. Gap or old navy are the way to go. I know I went into gap yesterday and they had slim and skinny selvage jeans for 18 bucks( on sale). I got a pair of black slim jeans for 12

Check the gap. They are usually running sales instore and online. i have found awesome deals instore.

I'm not sure if you all know this, but permanent cuffs on trousers can be put in by a tailor. You just need an extra 4-6 inch on the inseam depending on how thick you want the cuff to be. 1.5-2" is what most people go with.

Alden Indy yesterday:
tumblr_m9g9nfkuEC1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

Would an outfit like this be acceptable to a Nike job Lead position interview? Or is it too casual?

Sweater

white oxford underneath

any random tie

the gap lived in slim khaki

and maybe clarks beeswax DB's or chuck taylors

or

Thanks for any advice broski's

Would an outfit like this be acceptable to a Nike job Lead position interview? Or is it too casual?
Sweater

white oxford underneath

any random tie

the gap lived in slim khaki

and maybe clarks beeswax DB's or chuck taylors

or

Thanks for any advice broski's
If you plan on tucking in the shirt, it would be fine. Only shoes that are OK out of the choices are the Clarks DB. I wore Clarks DB myself to a plethora of interviews before spending $500-900 for decent shoes was ever possible. I would opt for more traditional colors though, primary talking about the tie. I've hired an employee at a previous job who showed up in a polo and chinos simply because he was the best candidate. The other 2 came in suits. Granted it wasn't an upper management spot, and only pays $45k/year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom