Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Saw these in grey at Zara. Looked good. $90
5130102124_1_1_3.jpg

5130102124_2_1_3.jpg

These are kinda cool, but look like they'll go out of style in 2 years.
2390102100_1_1_3.jpg

2390102100_2_3_3.jpg

Last edited:
Would an outfit like this be acceptable to a Nike job Lead position interview? Or is it too casual?

Thanks for any advice broski's
I would go with a grey v neck or cardigan and a black/navy tie.

Looks more serious without being too formal

Last edited:
real life...

for a wedding do i have to wear the jacket from the suit?

its gunna be like 80 degrees

i was thinking dress pants, oxfords dresshirt and a tie... no jacket

Ksteezy needs to tell us how he takes his pics so we can do it ourselves lol..

my outfit from this past weekend. Had a lot of positive feedback from the party i went to..

feedback ?

The leather probably isn't great, but in crappy fall or winter weather these could be a good option, and for $70: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/shoe...:ps-24:pn-1:Ntt-:Nf-:action-guided navigation
jv6d4w.jpg

Here's a review: http://dappered.com/2012/08/in-person-jcpenneys-stafford-wingtip-boot/

Saw them today and they are actually really nice. Best leather in the world? No but pretty good leather nonetheless. It's $60 online and there is a code for free shipping. They're currently $60 in stores as well. I will say these run really big, size down at least .5 size, maybe even 1 full size.

Looks like Mr. Wooster has wasted no time at JC Penney. I can't wait to see what else they put out in the coming years.

Sage909: Looks good as a casual fit, although I would probably wear a wife beater or lose the undershirt altogether. I have grown to dislike an undershirt sticking out like that on a button up shirt or polo. May just be personal preference, but to me it looks much cleaner without that bleach white collar sticking out.

Walked into Jcrew to pay my card, as always walked out with more debt than with what I walked in....come to find out they restocked a tweed blazer I missed out on last year....only had one left my size and had to grab it since they don't restock these through the season....can't wait to wear it

Also picked up a shirt, a bit late in season but it was on sale

real life...

You can get away with that, since is summer.....honestly as long as the fit of your clothes is good, you won't be out of place....a suit is always a nice touch though.

Walked into Jcrew to pay my card, as always walked out with more debt than with what I walked in....come to find out they restocked a tweed blazer I missed out on last year....only had one left my size and had to grab it since they don't restock these through the season....can't wait to wear it
Also picked up a shirt, a bit late in season but it was on sale

Not sure if it applies to in-store purchases or if it is online only but I got an email earlier this morning on a 25% off coupon on anything when you use your JCrew card.
Worth a shot and get a price adjustment if possible.
I actually got a price adjustment and 25% credited back from the CDG Play sweaters I ordered last month, took a bit of convincing but eventually I got it.

Not sure if it applies to in-store purchases or if it is online only but I got an email earlier this morning on a 25% off coupon on anything when you use your JCrew card.
I actually got a price adjustment and 25% credited back from the CDG Play sweaters I ordered last month, took a bit of convincing but eventually I got it.
That's great saving on your part, RFX. Those 2 sweaters had to be around $800 with tax or so. As I stated before, it seems J. Crew got more relaxed with their discount, which is good for us.

I got the Bass x J. Crew shoes in today. They're quite comfortable, but not sure if I'll keep them.

Blue oxford/poplin shirts have been my go to shirts in the summer, I probably wore this shirt at least once a week for the last two months. Trousers are linen:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9hu2cyRIB1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

Also picked up this pair of mustard corduroys over the weekend. I think it will pair great with a navy sweater/cardigan.

tumblr_m9h2trprBT1rux7jzo1_500.jpg

Ahead of you bro....lol

My purchase was originally like 420$ they honored the 25% off online offer in store, helps that I've been going to the same store consistently, dude was te one that gave me a heads up and even spoke to the manager...at the end I paid 297$....jcrew knows how to treat their customers man.

What you guys use to clean boat shoes... went out and they in all types of dirty
What material is it?

RE: Velvet jacket, it's definitely nice. I've also been looking for a purple one since last f/w, but no one stocks them. I'm tempted of buying the cloth myself and have my tailor assemble the jacket for me. Another alternative is a cord jacket with very small wales for a velvet like appearance.

Ksteezy great pick up on the blazer! A tweed suit is probably going to be my next Bespoke suit, been wanting one for ages. Either the tweed suits or the waistcoats for those 2 pants I picked up at the sample sale.

RFX, the boots are nice, and I agree regardless of whether they'd last a "lifetime" or not they're worth it. With winter around the corner here in NY, I will gladly spend $60 on boots for the winter that I can beat up.

Ahead of you bro....lol

My purchase was originally like 420$ they honored the 25% off online offer in store, helps that I've been going to the same store consistently, dude was te one that gave me a heads up and even spoke to the manager...at the end I paid 297$....jcrew knows how to treat their customers man.

Good to hear. I should have known better than to doubt you when it comes to JCrew. :lol:

real life...

My personal opinion, if you're ditching the jacket ditch the tie. Ties with no jacket look juvenile.

Back
Top Bottom