Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Completely agree with this and with ksteezy about the white shirt. Honestly even I'm realizing that, I honestly think I own one properly fitting white dress shirt, but a hell of a lot of striped, windowpane or patterned shirts, or colored shirts. Thankfully I finally pulled the trigger on another white dress shirt as well thanks to my wife and Indochino. A white shirt partnered with any color pant or suit is a perfect canvas for any tie you want to throw on. Like RFX said, accent with the tie and pocket square.

honestly a man can never look cleaner than how he would in a nice fitted white shirt....i need to invest in more.

do u have regular slip on toms? do u wear the same size for the classic and theses laced ones? or does anyone else know if they fit the same?

these fit loser, when buying regular toms, try them on and pick a size that gives you a bit of trouble putting on, they stretch out a lot after 3-4 wears.

Is it appropriate to wear a skinny tie to an interview? The interview is for an Account Executive at Ricoh. I've been looking around getting mixed answers. Some are saying it is unprofessional and others say the type of tie doesn't matter.

honestly a man can never look cleaner than how he would in a nice fitted white shirt....i need to invest in more.

You and I both. I hope RFX doesn't mind that I just used his post (of course quoted and credited) in my blog entry regarding white shirts. I've thought about getting one with a hidden placket to double with not only a suit but a formal tuxedo if the occasion were to ever arise.

Is it appropriate to wear a skinny tie to an interview? The interview is for an Account Executive at Ricoh. I've been looking around getting mixed answers. Some are saying it is unprofessional and others say the type of tie doesn't matter.

I probably wouldn't wear a tie skinnier than 2.5" (at its widest point) to an interview, especially if it's your first one with that company. My apologies if this has been posted before, but Art of Manliness posted a pretty decent guide for what to wear to an interview:

Job-Interview-2.jpg

every man should have atleast a weeks worth of white shirts. personally i think its best to have white shirts varying in price and brand. simply because a white shirt also looks very very sharp sleeves rolled up with a nice pair of chinos when you go out at night, but also you need nice quality white shirts for formal settings and such. those brooks brothers shirts that u dont have to iron are really good. hugo boss cuts their shirts nicely.. 

every man should have atleast a weeks worth of white shirts. personally i think its best to have white shirts varying in price and brand. simply because a white shirt also looks very very sharp sleeves rolled up with a nice pair of chinos when you go out at night, but also you need nice quality white shirts for formal settings and such. those brooks brothers shirts that u dont have to iron are really good. hugo boss cuts their shirts nicely.. 

A weeks worth though??

I'd have 2 at most. A white oxford and a white semi-spread collar.

A weeks worth though??

I'd have 2 at most. A white oxford and a white semi-spread collar.
In general it's smart to have more than 2 but especially if you work in a corporate setting. Also, you should have some variety in terms of cloth (oxford, poplin, twill, etc), collar and even cuff. Price and brand isn't as important as long as you buy quality.

In general it's smart to have more than 2 but especially if you work in a corporate setting. Also, you should have some variety in terms of cloth (oxford, poplin, twill, etc), collar and even cuff. Price and brand isn't as important as long as you buy quality.
i agree with a weeks worth. i have about 5-6 varying between spread collars, oxfords, etc.
most versatile shirt ever. to follow up with RFX, i find it pretty ridiculous when i run into friends at my college who only have red/grey/brown shirts and not have one single white.
doing it, you are not :smh:

That's too much, you only need a couple. I only have 3 and that's ample: an oxford cloth button down, poplin with club collar, and an oxford with spread collar.

A white shirt is very underrated. Why do people always want to wear a colored shirt all the time? That is so high school prom. My suggestion is to stick to a crisp white shirt, maybe with a spread English collar for a more formal look? Just accent the tie and pocket square with the color you desire, have fun with the socks and maybe some nice cuff links if the shirt has a French cuff. It's all in the details.
The only plain colors I like are light blue and white. When I see the other colors like Pinoy mentioned, ie red, brown, etc. I think of mall/retail workers...usually associated with ill fitting as well.

I walked by there a week ago and it still wasn't open yet. I'm waiting as well .

I went to the one in NYC to pick up some stuff and talk to the manager this past weekend. He said the Georgetown store should be set to open this Thursday. Philly and ATL are next, hopefully by year end.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I never really paid much attention when it was mentioned and now idk how far back to go to look.

I was browsing SF and say someone posted asking about camo cargo pants. I like how subtle the camo print is on these. Anyone know of anything similar or at least what these are? The fit is a bit too slim for me when it comes to cargos. A straight leg would probably be better than this fit.

Last edited:
A white shirt is very underrated. Why do people always want to wear a colored shirt all the time? That is so high school prom. My suggestion is to stick to a crisp white shirt, maybe with a spread English collar for a more formal look? Just accent the tie and pocket square with the color you desire, have fun with the socks and maybe some nice cuff links if the shirt has a French cuff. It's all in the details.

this****

FITTED white shirt >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Fixed it. :smile:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I never really paid much attention when it was mentioned and now idk how far back to go to look.
I was browsing SF and say someone posted asking about camo cargo pants. I like how subtle the camo print is on these. Anyone know of anything similar or at least what these are? The fit is a bit too slim for me when it comes to cargos. A straight leg would probably be better than this fit.

info on the boots?

When I see those type of boots, Red Wings is the first thing that comes to mind but lots of companies makes moc toe boots these days.

I have been browsing this thread since the last one and I am in a predicament and need some help. I recently started upping my wardrobe to a nicer more mature look and am having a hell of a time with plants/slacks.

My problem is this, I've always had large upper legs from playing a lot of sports so finding slim or fitted pants is a huge pain in the ***. I usually have to go up in waist size to get them to fit. Otherwise my legs are screaming for help. Then of course comes the issue of the pants being too large in the waist and fit weird. I recently purchased a pair of Express Photographer slacks and really like them a lot but of course the sizing is all whacky. I had to get them in a 36x30 when in reality a 34 would have fit in the waist nicely but the upper legs were too damn tight. Any tips or info on other pants to try out would be great.

Thanks in advance. 

The only plain colors I like are light blue and white.

I like light grey as well but white is my go to or "when in doubt" shirt.

MrPorters take on velvet.
I love the fit on the right in the first pic minus the bow-tie.
68uf13.jpg

23setkm.jpg

350rt68.jpg

23kutyf.jpg

24eqd8o.jpg

Last edited:

That camo pants pic is very popular, everyone likes them and I think it has been revealed what brand it is in the old DB thread or in SF.

Anyways, the only pair of cargo pants I have are made by Rogue and I love how they fit and the subtle camo print. Not sure if you can still find them in the stores though.
j16mpy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom