Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Oh wow. Just noticed the second pic. Jacket clearly does not fit fambs. Rule number 1, buy your size
And Wisith, very nice lapel pin :pimp:

Reactions: wj4
So I just copped the brown wingtips from JCPenny.com. Now I need to know what to wear with them to go out in like to a bar or out to dinner. Could some people shed some light. Photos would be great. Thanks NT Fam!

just picked up a pair today as well, will post pics tomorrow if I don't tonight. Much like someone said in here before, you have to size down on these A LOT. I'm usually an 11 and had to size down to a 9.5, yes 9.5. If you have a JCP nearby I highly suggest you try on a pair.

real life...
is this suit jacket too big? or does it just need some tailoring?

this is with me pulling my arms back
so it shows the pull

should i take it to the tailors like that or return it for a smaller size then tailor it?
also the left sleeve (looking at the pic) i rolled it up to the lenght i think i would want the tailor to make it...

Always button the top button for critiques and place your hands to the side.

What size is it? If you can get away with a smaller fit go for it.

Last edited:
Always button the top button for critiques and place your hands to the side.
What size is it? If you can get away with a smaller fit go for it.
Actually, we also would like in motion pictures as he supplied with the second one. This shows how the jacket moves with the body. Actual pictures would be from the front quarter with arms down as you stated, side profile, from the back, and in motion.

A while back I posted that I bought a pair of the J. Crew 484 jeans and they are quite slim. I'm wearing them today and have the pics:

Last edited:
So I just copped the brown wingtips from JCPenny.com. Now I need to know what to wear with them to go out in like to a bar or out to dinner. Could some people shed some light. Photos would be great. Thanks NT Fam!
Those are very versatile shoes and will look great with nearly anything. You can wear a suit with them, sports shirt with chinos or jeans. For a simple look, just pair them with a t shirt and jeans.

Thanks wj4, was gonna ask this too...I picked them up on Friday, had to go down to a 10 and I'm usually a 11.5 :lol: but they do feel great though plus they're in my comfortable price range for now :smokin :lol:

WJ4 this is the cleanest fit that I have seen u rock all summer...Very simple but deadly....When it comes to dressing, the fit/cut of clothing is above everything else

He may have gotten busy. Either way, we didn't pay for them so we are not entitled to them. He'll send them if he feels like it.

oh i knew that; i was just wondering. I haven't sen him post and his attempts far surpassed the other ones in here.

Actually, we also would like in motion pictures as he supplied with the second one. This shows how the jacket moves with the body. Actual pictures would be from the front quarter with arms down as you stated, side profile, from the back, and in motion.
A while back I posted that I bought a pair of the J. Crew 484 jeans and they are quite slim. I'm wearing them today and have the pics:

I understand wanting to see how the jacket moves with the body,but in our case it seems pointless. The tailor will pin him up while standing tall w/ his hands at his side. Then he will ask him to move around. If something is wrong he will go back to standing tall w/ his hands at his side and adjust the pins.

I see movement pics pointless for my critique, at-lest until after he either gets it pinned or tailored. His jacket did seem too big though, I could not tell cause of his arms position.

Thenew: there are limitations to tailoring, ie you can't slim down the armholes. This is why it is important for in motion pictures. They're the first thing you would get asked for if you post a critique thread on the MC section of SF.

PSA: saw a lot of nice Naked and Famous denim on sale at Barneys for $70, more than 50% off. A lot of great sizes left too.

Yes, when it comes to outfits, proportion is everything. Today was a very basic outfit. I will throw on a bomber or biker jacket once the weather cools down but keeping other elements the same. I mean to quote you all but I'm typing from
The phone.

Timeless. Mr and Mrs Swaggerson.

tumblr_m9kvzfueKB1qb5a3zo1_500.jpg

Edit:

Stopped by the campus today and saw some stuff the students in the fashion dept. is working on. I really like this.
tumblr_m9qto5lvva1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Thenew: there are limitations to tailoring, ie you can't slim down the armholes. This is why it is important for in motion pictures. They're the first thing you would get asked for if you post a critique thread on the MC section of SF.
PSA: saw a lot of nice Naked and Famous denim on sale at Barneys for $70, more than 50% off. A lot of great sizes left too.
Yes, when it comes to outfits, proportion is everything. Today was a very basic outfit. I will throw on a bomber or biker jacket once the weather cools down but keeping other elements the same. I mean to quote you all but I'm typing from
The phone.

You can most definitely slim the arm holes on a suit. You usually cant on a cheap suits and not every tailor is eager to do it. Some tailors will either tell you it cant be done or try to discourage you to do it.

The ones that will will charge a premium. I have a could that I have had slimmed. It cost me a pretty penny though.

If you look at the GQ's models alot of their models are wearing suits with the arms taken in.

Here GQ even knows that suit sleeves are cut too big.

http://www.gq.com/style/style-manual/201204/suits-guide-tailoring-fit#slide=12

Again you are not going to take a Zara, H&M, or Express suit and get their sleeves taken in cause they are RTW. You can with the $1000+ suits.

When you said arm holes I was thinking holes at the sleeve. No, you cant slim the arm pit holes.

Last edited:
When you said arm holes I was thinking holes at the sleeve. No, you cant slim the arm pit holes.
Yep. Not talking about the sleeve width. I've hung out with a couple of competent tailors throughout the years to pick up a thing or two. Even Made To Measure has its capability. This is why Bespoke is the cream of the crop since the pattern is drawn for that client.

I would only use a tailor to fine tune, ie shorten the sleeves, take in the width, add patches to the elbow, etc. If it requires a lot of work that is costly, I would opt out unless you happen to score an outrageous deal, ie a Tom Ford jacket for $100.

Last edited:
Man, even Swizz is into the luxury avant garde thing too. I remember when rappers had their own lines :lol: Outkast, Vokal, Ruff Ryders, etc.
tumblr_m9qnd7oyFk1qd1swho1_500.jpg

Hopefully he completes it with sneakers from RO or something of that nature.

my bad DB bros i actually just finished making more lapel pins.
thank you wj4, i actually was finishing up summer courses.
knightlovesqueen, i got you too.
pinoy, i sent you a PM.

made some pocket squares also

yes, i put a square in anything that has a pocket

my bad DB bros i actually just finished making more lapel pins.
thank you wj4, i actually was finishing up summer courses.
knightlovesqueen, i got you too.
pinoy, i sent you a PM.

made some pocket squares also

yes, i put a square in anything that has a pocket
My man...the thought just hit my head...NT lapel! :smokin :lol: I know the design is too much since it involves several colors and the "NT" has to be cut nearly perfect but what an idea though.

Wes: It's Woodbury University, my man. http://www.woodbury.edu/

Also, 1st..it seems that you're a crafty person. Have you think about pocket circles?
metro-retro-apparel-tie-500x333.jpg

You are probably one of the well groomed dudes on your campus. Side hustle, man...I'm telling you! :smokin

wj4 the nt lapel pin would be crazy.
I actually was attempting to do the "W"
from your Avy but the felt isn't good
material for detail. I've never even heard
of a pocket circle, but that's for the idea.
I will be sending out the lapels ASAP

just responded 1st
also, where are you going to slim your sleeves at fam?
my tailor will slim full sleeves for like $25-30 :\

wj4 the nt lapel pin would be crazy.
I actually was attempting to do the "W"
from your Avy but the felt isn't good
material for detail. I've never even heard
of a pocket circle, but that's for the idea.
I will be sending out the lapels ASAP
Thanks for the attempt, my man. The "W" is designed to combine the first letter of my name in both languages, English and Thai.

If/when I ever launch my line, I'm going to do something that only NTers know about :lol:

Back
Top Bottom