Dressing Better Vol 2.0

just responded 1st
also, where are you going to slim your sleeves at fam?
my tailor will slim full sleeves for like $25-30 :\
Yeah, my man. It's not so cheap because they have to open the lining and adjust that too. I remember once I spent like $70 tailoring a BR jacket that cost $150 :lol: That thing was still ill looking at the end :frown:

Do y'all know of any other fashion mags? Mens or womens, it doesn't matter I just want some new material to look at. I'm tired of Details, GQ, and Vogue

Do y'all know of any other fashion mags? Mens or womens, it doesn't matter I just want some new material to look at. I'm tired of Details, GQ, and Vogue
Go international, my man. I stopped buying GQ, Esquire, etc. 2 or so years ago.

someone posted an ill grey jacket in that 2012 fall/winter jacket thread and now the thread is gone arghgh

Man, even Swizz is into the luxury avant garde thing too. I remember when rappers had their own lines :lol: Outkast, Vokal, Ruff Ryders, etc.
tumblr_m9qnd7oyFk1qd1swho1_500.jpg

Hopefully he completes it with sneakers from RO or something of that nature.
No big deal because you contribute so frequently but how does that even remotely belong in here?

How do I get ahold of them?
:lol: I'm not sure about online, but around here..you gotta go to their areas, ie Little Tokyo, K-Town, etc. They're pretty pricey though, about $8-10 per mag. I just buy one every couple of months.

Scars: It's to provide a new insight on how the trend has transformed into the Hip Hop industry. From Jordan sneakers to Lanvins and Margelas. From the brands like Sean John and Rocawear to Rick Owns, Givenchy, etc. I think it's safe to say that most, if not all, of us were into the streetwear thing at one point or another. I also want to provide a worldwide perspective, and other genres of fashion in this thread. This is why I post up pictures of women's stuff, and pictures of outfits from fashion mags from other countries. I wouldn't wear an outfit like Swizz myself, but I can appreciate it.

Last edited:
Yo, my man. Don't you have a Korean girlfriend? That's the connection! Kudos to you though because Koreans typically stick to their own kind. I remember once I picked up a Korean female friend. Her father answered the door and I swear the tension was deep. There was an invisible infrared beam shooting out of his eyes poking into my forehead.

Also, I'm anxious to see how The Great Gatsby will affect the industry. I think there will be a surge in retro style suits and men's wear once the movie drops.

ill cosign my dude WJ on the 484 fit he suggested some posts ago, made me pull out what used to be my favorite pair of jeans last year and the only pair that to this day i feel needs no alterations, literally fits me perfect from the rack, 484 fit >>>>>>>>>>>

look into it bros, also wanted to share with you guys my new baby....im a jeep owner now 8)

7918895410_15aab58416_b.jpg

Same K. I got a 31x32, no alterations at all. Great pick up on the car. Jeep has really come a long way...especially in the interior department.

Scars: It's to provide a new insight on how the trend has transformed into the Hip Hop industry. From Jordan sneakers to Lanvins and Margelas. From the brands like Sean John and Rocawear to Rick Owns, Givenchy, etc. I think it's safe to say that most, if not all, of us were into the streetwear thing at one point or another. I also want to provide a worldwide perspective, and other genres of fashion in this thread. This is why I post up pictures of women's stuff, and pictures of outfits from fashion mags from other countries. I wouldn't wear an outfit like Swizz myself, but I can appreciate it.
Okay, I just don't see how because it's a "luxury" brand or avant garde that it's dressing better. ****, as much as rappers were wearing Sean John or Rocawear they were also wearing Gucci and Prada but looking sloppy. I just think there's a clear distinction between labels and style. Because someone wears a $400 Givenchy t-shirt and $1200 Louboutin sneakers doesn't mean they're well-dressed.

Okay, I just don't see how because it's a "luxury" brand or avant garde that it's dressing better. ****, as much as rappers were wearing Sean John or Rocawear they were also wearing Gucci and Prada but looking sloppy. I just think there's a clear distinction between labels and style. Because someone wears a $400 Givenchy t-shirt and $1200 Louboutin sneakers doesn't mean they're well-dressed.
My friend, there is no set definition of "dressing better". We defined it here as business casual, which is what this thread is mostly about. We would get ridiculed if we post our pictures in the SWD section of SF. There's a wide genres of styles out there, ie anti fit, goth ninja.

The biggest difference I see between NT and SF is that SF has members from around the world, while NT is more focused in the states..which sadly brings some close mindedness into play. I remember a member asking if I was gay in the old thread because I posted a picture of myself wearing a dress shirt, tie, and a tie bar. I wasn't mad or anything, but rather dumbfound.

I try to post up other aesthetics as well here just to show what kind of stuff are out there in other parts. More importantly, I want this thread to stay on a positive vibe...which is pretty hard to do on NT due to the nature of most members.

Nice pick up on the Jeep ksteezy!

I too picked up the JCPenney Stafford boot. The boot is really really nice, I'l have a more in depth write up, you know where lol. I've seen online many people either love them or hate them and those who hate them are butchering these boots, specifically in regards to the leather. Yea they aren't the type of leather quality you'd find on some Alden's or Tricksters, but the leather is very nice. For the upcoming NY winter and the fact these have a rubber commando type sole, and for $60 out the door I'm not complaining. Oh and definitely size down on these, I'm usually an 11, these are a 9.5, I kid you not.

Also picked these up at Walmart, 6 100% cotton handkerchiefs being used as pocket squares.

My friend, there is no set definition of "dressing better". We defined it here as business casual, which is what this thread is mostly about. We would get ridiculed if we post our pictures in the SWD section of SF. There's a wide genres of styles out there, ie anti fit, goth ninja.
The biggest difference I see between NT and SF is that SF has members from around the world, while NT is more focused in the states..which sadly brings some close mindedness into play. I remember a member asking if I was gay in the old thread because I posted a picture of myself wearing a dress shirt, tie, and a tie bar. I wasn't mad or anything, but rather dumbfound.
I try to post up other aesthetics as well here just to show what kind of stuff are out there in other parts. More importantly, I want this thread to stay on a positive vibe...which is pretty hard to do on NT due to the nature of most members.
I absolutely hate the closed minded-ness of NT, man.. 

I can't get down with the avant-garde movement. On top of that, 99% of rappers arrive late to the changing trends anyways. By December, they will all be off Loubs, and Givenchy and probably trying to bring Karl kani back by the New Year.
mean.gif
 I can see it now, T-Raw and Chris Brown doing a video mimicking Kris Kross.

I absolutely hate the closed minded-ness of NT, man.. 

I can't get down with the avant-garde movement. On top of that, 99% of rappers arrive late to the changing trends anyways. By December, they will all be off Loubs, and Givenchy and probably trying to bring Karl kani back by the New Year.:smh:  I can see it now, T-Raw and Chris Brown doing a video mimicking Kris Kross.

The income level and the way disposable income is spent is different between NT and SF. The stuff on SF aint cheap at retail. NT is seems to be dominated by high schoolers and college kids. They just dont have the pockets or their pockets just not where some of ours are.

Dressing better lies in the eyes of the beholder.

I wasn't analyzing it from a financial perspective, although you may be right. I was more addressing what wj4 said, NTers tend to look at fashion from a "American" point of view. Like the girl that came in the thread a few pages ago and said dudes in Toms are "feminine". That's the difference wj4 was pointing to when he mentioned SF in comparison to NT. On SF there are people from all across the globe, who don't have to deal with that fine line of masculinity/femininity when it comes to self expression in fashion. And slim pants, and Toms, are both miniscule in my eyes, but they get an exceedingly amount of flack from American society, I would say "western society", but that would include U.K., Australia, and a bunch of other countries where the laws of fashion/style/dressing better, just isn't defined that same.

The income level and the way disposable income is spent is different between NT and SF. The stuff on SF aint cheap at retail. NT is seems to be dominated by high schoolers and college kids. They just dont have the pockets or their pockets just not where some of ours are.

Very true...As for the financial argument,sure it matters,but I don't think it matters as much as some think...Some of the ultra wealthy are notoriously "bad" dressers,while they are some impeccably dressed people making 20,000$ a year...

Thinking Tombs are feminine is as close minded as it gets
true story. I was wearing my espadrilles the other day and I got some positive vibes from some and strange looks from others.Majority of the positiveness was from the women and it helped spark some good conversations, so no complaints here.:smokin

Last edited:
You have a lot of groups on there. There are broke college kids in SWD to eat rice and ketchup to save up for a ToJ jacket. Some actually take out loans to buy $$ clothes...which is stupid beyond belief. And like you stated, there is the .00001% who can afford the superlative items.

You have a lot of groups on there. There are broke college kids in SWD to eat rice and ketchup to save up for a ToJ jacket. Some actually take out loans to buy $$ clothes...which is stupid beyond belief. And like you stated, there is the .00001% who can afford the superlative items.

whats this SF yall speak of?

I think part of the problem is that you're thinking about this thread as compared to SF. This thread is, was, and has been for people who've wanted to get away from streetwear, graphic tees and baggy clothes, whether it's 1998 Ninjahood style (he's taken plenty of shots at this thread) or 2012 Givenchy, etc

I don't have problem with any other genre of clothing but is it worth opening this thread up to that? I mean, once again your contribution to this thread has been invaluable and I'm sure me even debating any of tis is almost sacrilegious but you were pretty adamant about your input being in the first post and those guidelines don't really speak to a section on SF that would laugh at us, so that shouldn't matter anyway. I get it about closed-mindedness and NT in general, I just don't think this particular thread is all an-encompassing fashion thread. You're free to post what you want but those are just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom