Dressing Better Vol 2.0

511s are great but I definitely prefer 508s.

It really annoys me that EVERY pair of 511s fits differently. Finding a pair that fits right is near impossible considering that most places will only have 1 or 2 (if any) of your size
I must have gotten lucky!

I bought my first pair at JC Penny. Then I bought 4 more pair from a Levi's outlet store. The fit on each feel very consistent.

Weekend thrift finds:

Ferragamo brown penny loafers
Shirts (left to right): Zegna (Napoli Couture label), Hermes, Zegna (regular label)
and a grey Canali tie

No give-away prices, about $120 for all. However they are some nice items I couldn't normally afford to purchase at retail, so i've convinced myself it was money well spent.

Nice pickups Big, especially those loafers. Glad to see another member having some luck at this thrift game. When I go out, I run into a good amount of givenchy, zegna, and such but unfortunately never in my size. Were you able to scoop these pickups for yourself or are you planning to flip?

Nice pickups Big, especially those loafers. Glad to see another member having some luck at this thrift game. When I go out, I run into a good amount of givenchy, zegna, and such but unfortunately never in my size. Were you able to scoop these pickups for yourself or are you planning to flip?

Everything was purchased with myself in mind (No good when it comes to saving money :lol: ) Unfortunately I have to accept that the loafers are too big, so they'll have to go. Really wish I could keep them, though. I have some other dark brown loafers, so i'll try to get over it quickly.

The prices are a bit annoying. The shops in Los Angeles know about every label so there's never any deals (or I haven't found the right stores yet)...Like that Hermes shirt was $40. It seems crazy paying a thrift store $40 for a shirt, but it's mint condition and it's not something you'll see very often so I convinced myself to cough up the money.

I'm going to make it a point to contribute more thrift purchases to the thread. It's a hobby that I really enjoy.

Last edited:
Got this Olive peacoat from Club Monaco for $79 regular $329 :pimp:

That's awesome...in-store? Mind PMing me the product info?

The closest Club Monaco is women's only. :smh: I used to frequent that place when they still carried men's. I have a light grey Club Monaco peacoat that's incredible.

Everything was purchased with myself in mind (No good when it comes to saving money :lol: ) Unfortunately I have to accept that the loafers are too big, so they'll have to go. Really wish I could keep them, though. I have some other dark brown loafers, so i'll try to get over it quickly.

The prices are a bit annoying. The shops in Los Angeles know about every label so there's never any deals (or I haven't found those stores yet)...Like that Hermes shirt was $40. It seems crazy paying a thrift store $40 for a shirt, but it's mint condition and it's not something you'll see very often so I convinced myself to cough up the money.

I'm going to make it a point to contribute more thrift purchases to the thread. It's a hobby that I really enjoy.
Great man! I look forward to hearing more about your finds. I know that feel all too well when it comes to stores knowing the deal about what they carry. There's a consignment shop out here in Princeton (NJ) that has had some Ferragamo derbies and Gucci oxfords when I've come by, but the price wasn't thrift friendly :lol: Even saw a Moncler windbreaker brand new with Barney's tags still on it. Still wanted around $250 for it. I mean it's still a good sale but just could not pony up that price :rolleyes (size too big anyway). But yeah, keep contributing bro!

This is an example of a good interview outfit that is not an entire suit. Looking good.

Appreciate it man. Just found out today I got the job! I'm absolutely psyched, and I never use that word. Supposed to go in tomorrow to fill out paperwork and figure out a start date.

Today:

Got myself an early birthday gift, camera's a beast :evil:

Last edited:
Congrats on landing the job Pana!

Snow over here in NJ today so no outside pic:

Also, saw this living social deal on Charles Tyrwhitt clothing and thought someone could get some use out of it:
http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/...=640628-50-or-100-of-menswear-and-accessories
Nice fit, Red Wings?
Thanks man. And yes, spot on. 1907 model. IIRC, haven't you been fiending for a pair of RWs? My man, pull the trigger. I've had these for over 2 years now and they are still amazing. Just need some TLC and mink oil every now and again :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom