Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Might be getting a new job within the next week or two. Retail still, trying to get by for school for now. I would have to wear all black, anyone know a nice all black shoe that would be comfy standing for hours? I was thinking some basic DB in black but those hurt my feet after a while.

since you are the resident J Crew spokesperson lol, what is it about the ludlow that you like over say, a Jos a Banks suit for instance?

What colors would you guys recommend for October. I want light grey, mainly because thats my favorite color suit and it will be worn after I get married as well.

I just find the cut of a ludlow to be the best fitting OTR to my proportions, a 38s fits me practically perfect, at least how I want it to fit, the pants just need about 60$ worth of alterations and I'm done...I'm pretty biased as I've never tried a suit from JosABank but I take it is similar to MensWarehouse, maybe now MW has changed their marketing to appeal to what's in trend now, the slimmer euro silhouette, but some years ago they were not about that life and to try and get their tailors to fix things how I wanted was a struggle and they always made me feel as if I was stupid for wanting my pants to be hemmed up higher than what the standard rule is....and to be honest cost wise it wasn't much of a difference, so 500$ for a nice quality suit from Jcrew is not really breaking the bank, once again, I'm biased and perhaps I should give indochino, suit supply and these other retailers a chance to have more perspective....but I'm good on JosABank and MWs

Might be getting a new job within the next week or two. Retail still, trying to get by for school for now. I would have to wear all black, anyone know a nice all black shoe that would be comfy standing for hours? I was thinking some basic DB in black but those hurt my feet after a while.

You could always get some gel inserts or something man!

uniqlo?

my friend wears all black free run 2

uniqlo?

my friend wears all black free run 2
VS

pimp.gif

Unexpected hookup, I said why not. Im really not doing much these days besides school and the gym. The yambs that might be had. 
pimp.gif

I saw a bunch of these at Nordstroms Rack for $119.00. They were recently featured in Dappered and on Sale at Nordstrom for $178 (now back to $248). I'm new to monks so i went single and this color seems like it would have alot of versatility. Anyway if somebody liked those but were scared off by the price you might be able to find them cheaper.

BTW- Cole Haan Air Madison single monk in British Tan

Last edited:
since you are the resident J Crew spokesperson lol, what is it about the ludlow that you like over say, a Jos a Banks suit for instance?

What colors would you guys recommend for October. I want light grey, mainly because thats my favorite color suit and it will be worn after I get married as well.

....and to be honest cost wise it wasn't much of a difference, so 500$ for a nice quality suit from Jcrew is not really breaking the bank,

$500 for a ludlow suit??? a ludlow jacket alone can cost $500 or more/less depending on the fabric. the pants are around $225 or more/less, again depending on the fabric. i believe, the ludlow suit i was interested in was $650 ($425 jacket / $225 pants) before tax and any alterations.

J.Crew's ludlow offers a slim, modern silhouette. I can't say anything about Jos A Banks since I don't own or ever tried on a suit from there but if you like the modern look of suits then I wouldn't go the Jos A Banks route.

I would go out and do some physical shopping. Not everyone's body type is the same so go out and try different suit brands to see what fits you best and what you feel comfortable in and is within your budget.

Tailoring a suit can get very costly, even it if fits pretty close OTR esp if the tailor is expensive or higher end. Recently got a suit altered, and when I got my invoice i was shocked lol,

Jacket:

Shortening Sleeves: $20 per. ($40 for both)
Waist suppression: $45
Collar/back adjusting: $40

total: $125

Trousers:

Waist in/out : $20
Taper leg : $25
Hem pant : $18

total: $63

jacket + trousers = $188

and alot of the alterations were a matter of 1" sometimes even .5", with the exception of the pant hemming, since my suits usually come in a 36' inseam

This is usually pretty standard around my way, at least with the English speaking tailors in my area. It is a pain, and costs a grip..Zizzos Tailoring...i was referred to them by SF lol and they take alterations very seriously on that forum smh haha

You guys should just bring those suits over to Europe...:D
I had all these adjustments done, except for the pants' waist and paid the equivalent of about 40$ at a relatively good tailor. Bring 3-4 suits, a few trousers and 2 blazers and you've saved the price of the flight. :lol:

Thanks, I'm in Philly. Might have to go up there or cherry hill

I don't know exact numbers but there was a good amount scattered around. It's crazy because these were just on sale on the main Nordstrom site for $178 and I couldn't pull the trigger and then a random stop by NR today and I was pleasantly surprised!

Back
Top Bottom