Dressing Better Vol 2.0

at $16 a pop you could do worse

And there is a 25% off code from Gilt City, may have an extra one, PM me.

if i could get married again id do it in a nicely tailored Jcrew suit, some of the suit combos i come up on a fly now that i have a couple of ludlows completely blow out the water my BS suit i got from Mens Warehouse, wish i was more into this thread 3 years ago....

btw submitted some stuff to the blog...

Man can I relate to this so much. I've told this to so many people about getting married that I would something completely different. My suit's jacket was ventless...yea......

Steezy didn't know what he did then so he probably really liked the way he looked that day :lol: . While I do agree with your sentiment about splurging, since I wasn't sure if it was an option, I wanted to work within his budget. Even the suits at the higher end of his budget (SuitSupply, J. Crew) will require probably and additional $100-200 in tailoring.

Speaking of which, I'm not sure of your location, wedding date or suit size (they don't make larger than a 42) but Thick as Thieves is another made-to-measure (MTM) option: http://www.thickasthievesla.com/ . Per Scar's suggestion, if you tell us your location, maybe some members can offer you the names of MTM clothiers in your area.

I think $200 in alterations is a bit excessive, anything over $150 is I think too much.

I guess I was basing that on my tailor's prices, although you're right that $200 is high, even for my guy so you're right :lol: . It depends how it fits OTR but I think saying he should budget around $100 is probably reasonable?

Rob, you stacking huh?

I see you :nerd:

never knew that. it must pull it from google+ or something. i just looked and that info is out of date lol.

Just posted the fallen homie knightlovesqueen (John's on permaban) on the blog. This thing is really coming together :pimp:

Question for the fellas, I had some pics but my face isn't in them...are those still cool to send in? :nerd:

H&M had these un a few colors in their basic collection some months back for like 20$ should still have some

Btw I usually just walking into a running store around my way and get the flyknits, really no way to get a discount in these unless you know an employee..

Ksteezy, I just sent you a PM homie

Thanks for the input guys! I'm taking it to the tailor tomorrow to see what can be done.  Overall, the jacket is a bit tight,but the shoulders seem fine.  This tailor is good, so hopefully he can work some magic.

On the flipside, just copped a Ludlow from JCrew too.  Got it for $327 with the 30% off sale and the 15% student discount.  I tried it on a Ludlow cut suit in the store just now and it fits like a glove.  

and these dudes told you to go down a size

lulz.

Last edited:
ATL DB!!

I have a blog but doing street style photography. if any of you want to take any photos im not a professional but im definitely doing good work hit me up id love to take
photos of you around the area. This is my blog www.drapedin.com and my instagram @mr4gotihadthese for any DB family. ill follow back just put #nt on one of my pics and i know what time it is

Good stuff Lyon, love the variety! You're making me regret passing on that Rag and Bone cardigan even more >:

Tailoring a suit can get very costly, even it if fits pretty close OTR esp if the tailor is expensive or higher end. Recently got a suit altered, and when I got my invoice i was shocked lol,

Jacket:

Shortening Sleeves: $20 per. ($40 for both)
Waist suppression: $45
Collar/back adjusting: $40

total: $125

Trousers:

Waist in/out : $20
Taper leg : $25
Hem pant : $18

total: $63

jacket + trousers = $188

and alot of the alterations were a matter of 1" sometimes even .5", with the exception of the pant hemming, since my suits usually come in a 36' inseam

This is usually pretty standard around my way, at least with the English speaking tailors in my area. It is a pain, and costs a grip..Zizzos Tailoring...i was referred to them by SF lol and they take alterations very seriously on that forum smh haha

Last edited:
Good stuff Lyon, love the variety! You're making me regret passing on that Rag and Bone cardigan even more >:

Thanks bro, yeah I passed originally too but caught it on sale for like 35$...then it dropped to like 20ish a couple weeks later :lol:

Tailoring a suit can get very costly, even it if fits pretty close OTR esp if the tailor is expensive or higher end. Recently got a suit altered, and when I got my invoice i was shocked lol,

Jacket:

Shortening Sleeves: $20 per. ($40 for both)
Waist suppression: $45
Collar/back adjusting: $40

total: $125

Trousers:

Waist in/out : $20
Taper leg : $25
Hem pant : $18

total: $63

jacket + trousers = $188

and alot of the alterations were a matter of 1" sometimes even .5", with the exception of the pant hemming, since my suits usually come in a 36' inseam

This is usually pretty standard around my way, at least with the English speaking tailors in my area. It is a pain, and costs a grip..Zizzos Tailoring...i was referred to them by SF lol and they take alterations very seriously on that forum smh haha

Yeah this is about what I was thinking....

Back
Top Bottom