Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Been sick all week bros. #slacking!
Just uploaded another pic of you C :pimp: Will do more when I can. Keep submitting fellas!

edit:
Aidens were thrown on to head to dinner for my girl's birthday on Wednesday:

Last edited:
Just uploaded another pic of you C
pimp.gif
Will do more when I can. Keep submitting fellas!

edit:

Hope you are well, good to have you back, nice fit!

Last edited:
Oh I forgot... for you guys who are interested in scoop neck tees, a cheap and effective method is to take a Hanes shirt and remove the stitching that connects the collar to the shirt. It makes a decent scoop neck and it won't destroy the shirt if you do it right

Any example pics/tutorials of this? Sounds interesting. I've got a ton of hanes tees and would love to try it.

Alright, I've been digging through the Internet trying to find what I used to make mine for the past hour...

...Found it!

http://www.styleforum.net/t/235763/the-official-and-awesome-diy-thread/570_30#post_5646428

Just uploaded another pic of you C :pimp: Will do more when I can. Keep submitting fellas!

edit:

Hope you are well, good to have you back, nice fit!
Appreciate it man. Senior ball tonight. Whether or not if i feel better, please believe that swagger will be on one hundred thousand trillion. :pimp:

Yeah, I have them in black

Here's the best I can do right now to show you the leg opening. It's around ~7 inches.

My sidezips are a size 44 so they have a fairly slim ankle so this should give you a good idea of how small the opening is.

*Sorry for the repost

Thanks Unknwn. The issue I was running into with the other slims is that the crotch/ seat(?) were low and baggy. Any tapering would just throw them further out of whack in terms of proportion. Reason why I ask is because the nearest H&M is 2 hrs away, but from the looks of it I think I'll give it a shot. If the jeans they also have up on there are any indication of fit, I'd say it looks like a happy medium between skinny and slim tapered which is what I'm after.

Yeah, I have them in black

Here's the best I can do right now to show you the leg opening. It's around ~7 inches.

My sidezips are a size 44 so they have a fairly slim ankle so this should give you a good idea of how small the opening is.

*Sorry for the repost

Thanks Unknwn. The issue I was running into with the other slims is that the crotch/ seat(?) were low and baggy. Any tapering would just throw them further out of whack in terms of proportion. Reason why I ask is because the nearest H&M is 2 hrs away, but from the looks of it I think I'll give it a shot. If the jeans they also have up on there are any indication of fit, I'd say it looks like a happy medium between skinny and slim tapered which is what I'm after.

No problem man. I really like them because like you said, they're pretty much a perfect medium between skinny and slim.

Just a heads up fellas... a lot of stores/web shops are having some great outerwear sales right now

Off the top of my head GAP has 30% *select* items in store, J Crew's outerwear is very fairly priced. I also saw a lot of good sales while I was on Yoox today

BR has a sale right now on full price items. Buy one and get 25% off. 35% with two and 45% with three or more.

Here here

Few sartorial concepts repel me more than the seemingly pervasive desire to have a “pop” of color in a man’s attire. This is usually understood to mean taking a perfectly elegant outfit such as those worn above by SF member Axelman 17 and Vox, and defacing it with a red pocket square or bright purple tie or some such vulgarity, thereby transforming a gentleman into a clown.

The result is indeed a sort of “pop” of color. The absence of color in suit and shirt heightens the color of whatever bauble is put in the middle. The eye is then drawn to and fixated upon the bright color, away from the face, while the mind wonders if the wearer actually chose that pocket square or if they were shot in the chest with a paint ball gun.

The pursuit of “pop” usually arises from a worry that the dark suit-white shirt-grey tie combination is boring visually, or betrays a lack of iconoclastic vigor on behalf of the wearer. These concerns are childish. As evidence I point to the costume of males at high school proms: a dark suit, white shirt, and turquoise tie/pocket square matching set.

Do not make this mistake. Do not vandalize your own appearance. Do not assume that just because there isn’t very much color, you need some more. Did Mondrian sit in his studio thinking, “You know…I’ve got all these straight lines…maybe I need a circle somewhere?”

There is power in extremes. The high contrast “city” look depends on austerity to achieve its goals. The lack of color accentuates the silhouette, and draws the eye up to the face. As long as it is not covered by a VoxDot.

But for extremism to succeed, it must brook no compromise, and demand full commitment to the cause, lest it risk revolution and chaos. There is a place within tasteful menswear for wearing brighter colors, but that place is not with a dark suit and white shirt.

Do any of you carry a clutch?

Something like these seen a dope one I might cop

What do you plan on putting inside though?

I played with the thought of buying one so I can put in a small notebook and pen to use when I get business calls and need to jot down details. I rarely get these calls unannounced so it hasn't warrant the purchase yet.

The ones you posted up look more like portfolios to me than clutches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom