Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Is this real? Payment plans for sneakers?
Maybe I can't grasp this because I don't think Jordans are even sold here but if I even tried to bring that up as an option in any store I'd get the blank stare and get kicked out for sure.
It's kinda different here, man. Kids are lining up in chairs and whatnot for 24+ hours in advance in all weather conditions...rain or shine. They want to obtain these shoes at all cost so the business is fully aware of what's going on.

It's kinda different here, man. Kids are lining up in chairs and whatnot for 24+ hours in advance in all weather conditions...rain or shine. They want to obtain these shoes at all cost so the business is fully aware of what's going on.
Yeah, I was completely baffled, still am tbh, the first time I heard about people camping infront of stores for sneakers etc. I've never even seen a pair of Jordans in real life.

Same goes for the whole hype around brands like Supreme; all sounds kinda ridiculous to me.

Also good luck on that contest, you'll win for sure judging by the competition.

Last edited:
I like a layaway program for sneakers. Seems like a good idea

Warehouse Shoe Sale (WSS) was definitely one of the forgotten sneaker spots back in the day. Even with FL, Champs or FA sold out you could probably count on WSS to have them a couple of days later. Since they aren't a mall store or near malls for that matter they never got a lot of play. I think their payment plan thing is great, my question is do you get the sneakers when you're done paying or at the time of first payment....because if it is the latter that could go wrong quickly.

Layaway makes good here in America. Its a helpful program imo.
We have programs like that for electronics and similar more expensive products here but nothing like clothes, not that I know of anyway.

You can choose to have your credit card on automated full payoff (I have this) or a layaway program so it could work that way but most stores refuse all credit cards.

We should ask Tumblr for help!
laugh.gif

Just looked at the pictures....not sure how #3 made it with the t shirt.
That's a fairly standard euro clubbing combo, t-shirt + blazer. Actually I wear almost the exactly same fit a lot, maybe with pants/jeans instead of shorts, but did shorts also.

Good luck Adrian, I know he'll win, he has the best fit by far.

Also, thoughts on the "shoe game": the quality of Jordans decreased year by year and it's quite laughable now. I gave away the few pairs I had (ordered from Eastbay to Romania, before all this hype), and only kept a pair of Nu Retro 1's. The materials on these sneaks are pretty bad, I'd rather wear a pair of suede drivers or even nike frees.

Let's not enlist additional help. It only creates a war based on "I just will vote for someone else in hopes that they lose"

Serg: yea they camp out at WSS now too. I think it's their own credit line. You get the shoes on release date assuming you lined up and such. You can pay the shoes back over time just like credit card payments.

It's not just shoes though. My friend's car shop does the same thing. Kids want to have expensive rims and such when they really can't afford to. My friend worked with a local bank to offer a credit line. These kids are now making payments on their car and on their rims, and such...

Let's not enlist additional help. It only creates a war based on "I just will vote for someone else in hopes that they lose"
Good call. Seems the slayer has a decent lead for now. We must keep a close eye though. Someone may go Lebron in the 4th qtr.

Thanks for the advice fellas. The general gist of the responses I've gotten is that more lowkey colors such as white and light blue are more versatile and can be worn with varied combinations of clothing. I cant donate the bright dress shirts (just got em lol), but I figure wearing them with the black/grey dress pants will tone them down. 
As far as the white/light blue shirts you all suggest getting, any suggestion for a store I can get such shirts for a fairly affordable price ($30-50) with a nice slim fit. I have a slim build (5 foot 9, 155 pounds) so most regular fit shirts look baggy on me. I think I am going to look to purchase some khaki chinos to start with, along with some lighter colored oxfords button down shirts.
I will post some pictures of how some of my existing clothing actually fits later on, and appreciate any feedback.

... Now as far as the shoes that I have, I will admit that I fell in love with the wingtips but to be 100% honest I am not sure what to wear them with -.- I got them all for great deals, but any suggestions as to what essentials to war with them?
And finally, I know not many people are a fan of white loafers, but I have them and might as well get some use out of them. They are pretty loud especially with the Gold LV logo prominent on the toebox, but I figure I can rock them with some light blue denim and perhaps a light colored button down shirt as well? Any suggestions on what to wear em with- anything helps!

Appreciate all the help again lol- and hope I'm not too much with the questions. I am just transitioning out of building up my sneaker collection (finished all the foamposite pros from 97 til now and what not) so its a bit of a new arena to me.

A lot of it depends on what you prefer and your own sense of style. While I agree that those extra bright probably blended with lycra Express shirts are awful, don't just go out and buy white and blue oxfords, that's boring. Not everything has to fall under some formula. Sure, it's important to have those staples/basics in your wardrobe but to be honest, look at who's suggesting what and if their style is generally conservative while that's not the look you're necessarily going for, don't blindly follow advice.

I will say this, it's not easy to pull off white loafers and/or big LV logos without falling into that douchebag look so if anything, just tone it down...it doesn't mean you have to go in a completely different direction and wear a blazer, pocket square, chinos, AEs, etc.

We have programs like that for electronics and similar more expensive products here but nothing like clothes, not that I know of anyway.

You can choose to have your credit card on automated full payoff (I have this) or a layaway program so it could work that way but most stores refuse all credit cards.
Here people can layaway almost anything(accept food to my knowledge).

I wished sneaker spots did it when I was younger. I would have gotten more shoes for christmas.

Dope. Voted. Will spread the word on social media.

I saw the thumbnail in Facebook and was like, ****... Again. Ill let Sami know

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom