Dressing Better Vol 2.0

How would you go about finding a GOOD tailor to tailor a suit in your city?

I’m a little nervous about simply looking in the yellowpages and picking.

For me it was just trial and error until eventually finding one that I could stay with, try looking through city-data too it's a forum dedicated to different cities and there are usually threads on there about tailors in your town. Try smaller items that you don't really care about first just to test them out.

Kept it simple for a lunch.

Shoes Minnatonka Mocs, Pants banna republc, Shirt Uniqlo button down. Tie some old tie from my pops. Belt dbl silver loop navy blue cotton. Hats only for the morning, but it's Royals baby!

* after this pic I went back and ironed my pants lol.

Last edited:
I say this every time someone posts it. But a tie without a jacket is not a good look. Also if you must wear a hat with that, don't let it be a baseball cap
Pants needs work too.

id NEVER wear a regular tie with a short sleeved shirt, but what do you guys think about a bowtie with a short sleeved shirt in the summer?

id NEVER wear a regular tie with a short sleeved shirt, but what do you guys think about a bowtie with a short sleeved shirt in the summer?

Like I said, I don't think you should wear any type of tie without a jacket.

Try it for yourself and see how you like it though....don't think it'll work though,

For you Camo guys

Try it for yourself and see how you like it though....don't think it'll work though,
I disagree. A chunky knit or shawl cardigan with some slacks a shirt and tie is a clean look imo. Short sleeve with a bow tie can also be a clean look.

I love the roshe, but I'll pass on those.
I back Wes with the no jacket and tie look.
Beezylocks what is your location?

I disagree. A chunky knit or shawl cardigan with some slacks a shirt and tie is a clean look imo. Short sleeve with a bow tie can also be a clean look.

Sweater shirt and tie looks too schoolboyish in my opinion too. I stand by if you're going to wear a tie you should be wearing a jacket, or at least have one close by that you took off because you're working or something like that.

I have seen guys pull of sweater shirt tie with a jacket though and that looked pretty good.

I say this every time someone posts it. But a tie without a jacket is not a good look. Also if you must wear a hat with that, don't let it be a baseball cap
Pants needs work too.

I agree with Wes but I've seen great cardigan + tie combos look good. Obviously far from blazers and sport coats but for me I think it's that some piece needs to be worn over top of the combination.

A lot of times when people rock a shirt and tie with no jacket it gives off a vibe of trying too hard to dress better without really knowing anything about it. Not to mention most times I have seen it, the pieces are ill fitting and remind me of a cell phone kiosk employee :lol:

Kept it simple for a lunch.
Shoes Minnatonka Mocs, Pants banna republc, Shirt Uniqlo button down. Tie some old tie from my pops. Belt dbl silver loop navy blue cotton. Hats only for the morning, but it's Royals baby!

* after this pic I went back and ironed my pants lol.
This is sloppy as hell. Needing to iron is just one thing among many

I love the roshe, but I'll pass on those.
I back Wes with the no jacket and tie look.
Beezylocks what is your location?

Sweater shirt and tie looks too schoolboyish in my opinion too. I stand by if you're going to wear a tie you should be wearing a jacket, or at least have one close by that you took off because you're working or something like that.

I have seen guys pull of sweater shirt tie with a jacket though and that looked pretty good.

I agree with Wes but I've seen great cardigan + tie combos look good. Obviously far from blazers and sport coats but for me I think it's that some piece needs to be worn over top of the combination.

A lot of times when people rock a shirt and tie with no jacket it gives off a vibe of trying too hard to dress better without really knowing anything about it. Not to mention most times I have seen it, the pieces are ill fitting and remind me of a cell phone kiosk employee :lol:
To each his own I guess

i know this is dressing better but i would like to know if
anyone from the DB fam has .... any tips for engagement rings?

i want the most bang for my buck of course (about 6500)

My first question is what metal are you looking to get? White Gold, Gold or Platinum? The band on the ring stones or no stones? What is the carat weight and clarity you want?

Holy lapels! I'm just ignoring everything else going on in this picture...maybe there's a reason they're wearing two jackets and the other guy has tails

Last edited:

For you Camo guys
Even I gotta pass...

Holy lapels! I'm just ignoring everything else going on in this picture...maybe there's a reason they're wearing two jackets and the other guy has tails
Dang talk about the Best Buy blue hue :lol:

A lot of guys are going with super wide lapel to go against the slim lapel thing. Some look really terrible.

It's summer dude, those sales are more at the end of the f/w season.
I know SNS has a summer collection but i dont think those are worth it.
You can check ebay or styleforum. Expect to pay int he low 200s though

yeah, thought some stores were trying to get rid of any of their left overs with these sales going on now

Back
Top Bottom